Hammock
    11' DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Smokehouse HM Su
    Insulation
    sleeping bag conv
    Suspension
    Web and rings
    That second weekend in November is generally really good weather on both sides of the state line. It tends not to conflict with other nonhang events. Not too cool or too hot. Less bugs! I see why everyone wants to go for it.

Jason, I sure hated to miss the LA hang this year, but I had to check out that Texas bunch. They sure did treat this Louisiana boy good The food tended to be more southwestern in nature, but was still way too good I think I put on 10 pounds. Of course who can resist Old Gringo's endless coffee. I know I missed a good feed with y'all But the plan is to be with the LA group next year (if I have to choose.)

The Texas bunch had more families and wives, and I talked Jan into coming this year. That worked out good and she picked up a brand new Grand Trunk hammock in the drawing. She was pumped! When we got home Sunday, I had to rig the suspension and set it up on the beams on the front porch for her to try. Now she is talking top/underquilts with Saints colors What did I get into? I hope we can talk more spouses into showing up next year. Maybe we can come up with a special pitch to encourage them to come.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyz View Post
    That second weekend in November is generally really good weather on both sides of the state line. It tends not to conflict with other nonhang events. Not too cool or too hot. Less bugs! I see why everyone wants to go for it.

Jason, I sure hated to miss the LA hang this year, but I had to check out that Texas bunch. They sure did treat this Louisiana boy good The food tended to be more southwestern in nature, but was still way too good I think I put on 10 pounds. Of course who can resist Old Gringo's endless coffee. I know I missed a good feed with y'all But the plan is to be with the LA group next year (if I have to choose.)

The Texas bunch had more families and wives, and I talked Jan into coming this year. That worked out good and she picked up a brand new Grand Trunk hammock in the drawing. She was pumped! When we got home Sunday, I had to rig the suspension and set it up on the beams on the front porch for her to try. Now she is talking top/underquilts with Saints colors What did I get into? I hope we can talk more spouses into showing up next year. Maybe we can come up with a special pitch to encourage them to come.
    Yeah November is usually a good month. I like our new location. No teenagers driving loud trucks 100ft from my hammock and showers are less than 5 minutes away. I would love more families to come.
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

Hammock
    night owl
    Tarp
    diy big blue tarp
    Insulation
    diy JCP jacket uq,
    Suspension
    woooooopieee
    Images
    That's the only thing we didn't have was endless coffee! I'll have to fix that next year

Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie Micro
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    Jawbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Coffee in the backcountry is CRUCIAL, learned that lesson the hard way as well...looks like ya'll had fun though!

Hammock
    11' DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Smokehouse HM Su
    Insulation
    sleeping bag conv
    Suspension
    Web and rings
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bacon View Post
    That's the only thing we didn't have was endless coffee! I'll have to fix that next year
    With the date coming back to October, I'll bet "Old Gringo" will be back to the LA hang with the endless coffee machine. I think he has made all 5 of the Texas hangs. He was with us last year at the LA hang.

If Big Bacon and Little Bacon are going to show up anywhere, then I will follow.

"Those beans changed my life"

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    NR UQ, Kelty SB
    Suspension
    Straps
    I missed meeting all you guys at this last hang. I would like to try and make the next one. So when is it? Do ya'll do one in the spring? Any more word on the LaTex hang? has a date been set? is there a thread for it yet or is it too early?

Hammock
    DH Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by lesspayne View Post
    I missed meeting all you guys at this last hang. I would like to try and make the next one. So when is it? Do ya'll do one in the spring? Any more word on the LaTex hang? has a date been set? is there a thread for it yet or is it too early?
    Several of the guys are going to Arkansas in March. Last year it was the weekend before the 15th I believe. Here is last year's hang pics and report. After meeting all the great folks at Kincaid Reservoir, I will be in Arkansas. I'm gonna take 5 days off so I wont be a zombie on the way home, well if Spaceweasel gets you to his ice box you'll be a zombie any way. Needless to say, it was a great time. Arkansas will be worth the 10 hour trip for me.
    Expect the Best,
    Prepare for the Worst
    Attributed to some poor guy who ran into Murphy,
    Too many times

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    NR UQ, Kelty SB
    Suspension
    Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixxr5 View Post
    Several of the guys are going to Arkansas in March. Last year it was the weekend before the 15th I believe. Here is last year's hang pics and report. After meeting all the great folks at Kincaid Reservoir, I will be in Arkansas. I'm gonna take 5 days off so I wont be a zombie on the way home, well if Spaceweasel gets you to his ice box you'll be a zombie any way. Needless to say, it was a great time. Arkansas will be worth the 10 hour trip for me.
    Whereabouts in Ar.? I like to take my 4-wheeler up to Wolf Pen Gap near Mena. Usually I go for about 5 days. It's about 7 hours from here (Lafayette, La).

Sorry I responded and then clicked the link.

Sounds like a great time. I can haul my canoe up there. Will definitely have to take a long weekend for that drive. I will keep an eye out for more details.

Any more on the January LaTex hang?

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast