Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images

3rd Annual Louisiana Fall Hang

Thanks to all the guys and girl who showed up. It really was an awesome hang.
    I'd like to thank all the people who donated for the raffle, and two Curlee and Spaceweasle for the great entertainment. And most of all two big bacon, Granger, and SwampSloth for cooking some really phenomenal food. If you left went to bed either nights with an empty belly (Curlee) it surely wasn't on account of the cooks.
    Thank you everyone for a great time. I really truly enjoyed everyone's company.
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

Hammock
    night owl
    Tarp
    diy big blue tarp
    Insulation
    diy JCP jacket uq,
    Suspension
    woooooopieee
    Images
    Just got home to Tulsa from the hang! And it was well worth the drive. The view from the hammock was to die for. Looking out over the lake. Meeting old friends and meeting new ones. A special thanks must go out to Jazilla for his work on the hang. And to my new personal chief Granger who pulled the duty of cooking two fabulous meals. This hang is going to be my yearly calander. I thank you all for the warm southern hospatility sincerely Big bacon and little bacon. Oh I can't forgot the great time hanging with the famous Space Weasel. Caveman you should have came!

Hammock
    Geaux hammock
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear tq/uq
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I had a great time and was very glad to have met everyone that I did. I Posted some photos up in the other thread. I learned some stuff and got to see some cool setups. I am looking forward to the next one already.

Hammock
    night owl
    Tarp
    diy big blue tarp
    Insulation
    diy JCP jacket uq,
    Suspension
    woooooopieee
    Images
    Oh I forgot to mention that thanks to all the good people there I now have to go out and spend more money on cool gear. Every time I get anywhere close to Granger it cost me lost of money. I learned some cool new trick as well. Again thanks to all for a great weekend

The hospitality that the LA goup showed us Tx boys was amazing. Thanks to everyone that put this together and thanks to Big Bacon for helping us down the hill to our hammocks.
    Be warned!
    I will be back.....
    Last edited by spaceweaseal; 11-11-2013 at 10:04.

Hammock
    WBBB & HH Exped Zip
    Tarp
    SF, HH Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Grlk3,EERevX20
    Suspension
    Web/Whoopie Sling
    What a great first group hang for me! Everyone was interesting, friendly, helpful, and welcoming. I really had no idea what to expect for m first group hang. Food was awesome. The site was great. Wetpaint and I day-hiked just under 12 miles on the WIld Azelea Trail, and saw several great spots for future backpacking. C'mon...gumbo, roasted pig, dirty rice, loaded beans, King Cake, dutch oven cobbler, prize drawings, Big Bacon's wall of cooking gear, LSU-Bama game piped in on a 42 inch plasma in the middle of a primative camp site. All of the cool DIY gear, tips...wish we had a few more days! Thanks everybody.
    J3

"No Matter where you go, there you are." -B. Banzai
    -Crede quod habes et habes-

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Pad & Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Had fun hanging out with you guys. The food was phenomenal. The folk, equally as good. Thanks to jaz and the others who coordinated everything for us. Thanks to drifter for the straps. Most importantly a general thanks to you all who attended for making yet another great hang.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner; Chameleon
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    UGQ Ambush 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Hey all, I posted some photos on the original thread. I'll try to repost them here this evening.
    Again, It was such a great and relaxing time. I really enjoyed meeting everyone. Thanks for the hospitality, conviviality and all around good time. Always a pleasure to "pass a good time" with the South Louisiana folk and their "Joie de vivre" ...and those Carencro accents are music to my ears. Oh, and thanks especially to Spaceweaseal for loaning the tarp!
    Last edited by DoctaD; 11-13-2013 at 14:46.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I think the picture of the campfire AND football game is classic!

I knew it would be a good time and glad to see all the comments confirming that.

Sad I couldn't be in two places at once but I look forward to the day I can make it east sometime down the road and hang with you good folks.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyavmc View Post
    Just got home to Tulsa from the hang! And it was well worth the drive. The view from the hammock was to die for. Looking out over the lake. Meeting old friends and meeting new ones. A special thanks must go out to Jazilla for his work on the hang. And to my new personal chief Granger who pulled the duty of cooking two fabulous meals. This hang is going to be my yearly calander. I thank you all for the warm southern hospatility sincerely Big bacon and little bacon. Oh I can't forgot the great time hanging with the famous Space Weasel. Caveman you should have came!
    Glad to make it worth the trip for you two. Tell lil bacon I got a fatwood log with his name on it next time I see him. You two are more than welcome anytime I hit the woods. Next time you come down I promise to have a glowing trail for you to follow when you have to carry Tx boys to their hammocks.

Quote Originally Posted by fgreen32 View Post
    I had a great time and was very glad to have met everyone that I did. I Posted some photos up in the other thread. I learned some stuff and got to see some cool setups. I am looking forward to the next one already.
    Thanks for taking some great pictures. It something I can never remember to do myself and I love the memories I will remember when I see them.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceweaseal View Post
    The hospitality that the LA goup showed us Tx boys was amazing. Thanks to everyone that put this together and thanks to Big Bacon for helping us down the hill to our hammocks.
    Be warned!
    I will be back.....
    Man I was a pleasure meeting you and Curlee. You two are my kind of crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJackJim View Post
    What a great first group hang for me! Everyone was interesting, friendly, helpful, and welcoming. I really had no idea what to expect for m first group hang. Food was awesome. The site was great. Wetpaint and I day-hiked just under 12 miles on the WIld Azelea Trail, and saw several great spots for future backpacking. C'mon...gumbo, roasted pig, dirty rice, loaded beans, King Cake, dutch oven cobbler, prize drawings, Big Bacon's wall of cooking gear, LSU-Bama game piped in on a 42 inch plasma in the middle of a primative camp site. All of the cool DIY gear, tips...wish we had a few more days! Thanks everybody.
    JJJ, it was great meeting you and Wetpaint. There are some even better places to hike on the WAT than you saw this weekend. PM me if you plan to do some of the WAT and I will inform you the best spot on the trail, well I have two favs.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    I think the picture of the campfire AND football game is classic!

I knew it would be a good time and glad to see all the comments confirming that.

Sad I couldn't be in two places at once but I look forward to the day I can make it east sometime down the road and hang with you good folks.
    We look forward to having you. I would like to thank you for loaning us Spaceweasle for the weekend. We almost didn't let him go but there is only room for one nut at my house. Plus I found out there is a woman out there crazy enough to marry that sucker. You boys from Texas are welcome around here anytime.
    Last edited by Jazilla; 11-11-2013 at 12:44.
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast