Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Nube Tent System

Hey guys, What do you think of the Nube Tent System from Sierra Madre Research

video of it in action-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irvmb4QIINg

website -
    http://sierramadreresearch.com/shop/nube/

Their Kickstarter
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...y-sierra-madre

so guys what are your thoughts on this, and would you be interested in buying one?,

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    not much, you?

overly complex and expensive.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images

Re: Nube Tent System

I don't think anybody has gotten one yet to give a review based on experience.
    Great marketing and videos though.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    not much, you?

overly complex and expensive.
    I'm about the same....

It's been discussed on HF before.
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

Banned
    i wonder if the prices will go down as soon as they get more established as a company, it appears the definitely reached their goal on kickstarter but i bet as more and more people purchase from them they will lower prices a bit.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Assuming you are not astroturfing the product - I do not think the price will change as they are more complex than a Hennessy thus more expensive. Both are made by similar contract sewing companies. That was why they needed to go to kickstarter to get the money.

I really doubt the material in use is significantly different from what the various cottage vendors are able to get. I do resent the "we did it better" attitude as a week of reading HF old threads would explain to them a lot of why they are not better as far as most of us are concerned. They have something different and some folks will love it but most of us will look at it as just another option.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    WB BlackBird DL 1.1, HH Scout
    Tarp
    Modified Chinook
    Insulation
    UQ Incubator 20'
    Suspension
    Dutch & WBBB setup
    I jumped in right at the beginning and got it at the lowest price. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I have a hammocking disease and feel the need to buy anything hammock related. Just even to try it out and see how it works. I already have their hammocks and I do have to say they are top notch. Very comfortable and excellent quality. Out of all the hammocks I have they at least use some of the better materials for suspension (amsteel). Most others use some sort of large rope. Are they perfect? no. But which hammock company is? It would be nice to see a few of the better companies get together and make the perfect hammock? But that would never happen as there is no such thing! at least I think

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by camoxjeep View Post
    I jumped in right at the beginning and got it at the lowest price. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I have a hammocking disease and feel the need to buy anything hammock related. Just even to try it out and see how it works. I already have their hammocks and I do have to say they are top notch. Very comfortable and excellent quality. Out of all the hammocks I have they at least use some of the better materials for suspension (amsteel). Most others use some sort of large rope. Are they perfect? no. But which hammock company is? It would be nice to see a few of the better companies get together and make the perfect hammock? But that would never happen as there is no such thing! at least I think
    What don't you like about it, i am thinking about purchasing one but it seems pretty good even though the price is a bit steep. I always have a habit of purchasing expensive gear when there are cheaper alternatives, but i don't want to sacrifice quality due to me being cheap.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesienk View Post
    Hey guys, What do you think of the Nube Tent System from Sierra Madre Research

so guys what are your thoughts on this, and would you be interested in buying one?,
    The hammock looks too much like an ENO.
    The Tarp is way over designed. Looks heavy and no porch mode.

I am sure some will like this setup but it is not for me. I won't be buying one.

Hammock
    WB BlackBird DL 1.1, HH Scout
    Tarp
    Modified Chinook
    Insulation
    UQ Incubator 20'
    Suspension
    Dutch & WBBB setup
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesienk View Post
    What don't you like about it, i am thinking about purchasing one but it seems pretty good even though the price is a bit steep. I always have a habit of purchasing expensive gear when there are cheaper alternatives, but i don't want to sacrifice quality due to me being cheap.
    The system seems great, but just like you I buy the more expensive stuff. The Nube by itself is just the tarp and netting system. You have to furnish a hammock to go inside. I dont know how you order stuff now that the kickstarter program is done so you have to check with them on that. I ended up ordering the Nube in Spruce Tip Green, (i already have both their hammocks), I got the winter kit and floor kit.
    The only thing I dont like about it is the Nube isnt adjustable (not easily anyways). You have to undo one end and readjust each end to get it right. Once I get it in my hands it might be different or another way to do it.
    You can fit two hammocks and one more person in the bottom of the netting thoughMight be a tight fit but like I said, cant wait to get my hands on it to try it out.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast