Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    DD 10'x10'
    Insulation
    SI mat, 3/4 UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/cinch buckl
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
    Beautiful part of the world mate. Where is that stretch of the Murray? I've done a few section years and years ago around Albury and did the Murray Marathon some many years back.
    You get onto any good sized cod?
    It's the stretch from Lock 5 at Renmark to New Residence near Moorook on the South Australian side. We took the Katarapko Creek via Eckert's Creek. It's a prettier section than down the river proper. Next trip will be from a lock 8, a bit downstream from Wentworth and finishing at Renmark, travelling through the Chowilla and Murray Sunset National Parks. Unfortunately the Chowilla anabranch is cut off due to some engineering works for the time being, but the river is nice through that section anyway.

I'm aiming to do the whole 2,500 kms of the river from the head to the mouth over the next few years in 1-2 week stretches, hammocking all the way. I reckon I will be the first to hammock camp the whole river if I can complete it.

(For you non-Aussies, check out the area on Google Maps and on the net. A very nice part of the world through there.)

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Interesting on several levels. Thanks for sharing. I learned Australia has locks... ;-)
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    DD 10'x10'
    Insulation
    SI mat, 3/4 UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/cinch buckl
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmuzz View Post
    Nah nothing in that river besides bunyips and you just stay off the water at night and they are a non issue.

Australia's animal danger increases as you go North, it's not until half way up that Australia starts to live up to its reputation. The top quarter, yeah everything wants to kill you.
    There is a reason almost all the population is in the bottom half.
    Yer not wrong mate! There are several areas in northern Queensland and Northern Territory that I wouldn't venture into with a kayak for any amount of money. There've been people taken by crocs while in their fishing boats. As for other things, even the wild pigs can get aggressive up there, and they're huge. The heat and humidity seems to get everything angry in the tropics! But all the same, it's got some stunning areas for wildlife and scenery.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123