Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Images
    I was planning on cooking Sunday, though if I'm the only one that might be an issue

I'll happily partake Saturday, but we won't get there till 9ish so it will be eat and run till the evening.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    maybe i should update the ss to ask which day your cooking for and what time. maybe we can balance it out

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    I have updated the SS to include a breakdown of meal options. I will send pm's to those on the list. Double check what you are making and see if someone is making the same thing then maybe sunday would be better. If not enough people want sunday then we can scrap it.

Hammock
    BMBH UL
    Tarp
    SupaFly
    Insulation
    Flight jacket Zepp
    Suspension
    diy whoopie& strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PappyAmos View Post
    Sounds good! Tell me how many dozen eggs and what veggies.

There is no water at Yates Place or for miles around. We must bring it all ourselves. I can bring several gallons
    I would figure 2 eggs per person then add another half dozen to be safe..lol.. whatever veggies you like will be fine, peppers, onions, shrooms that kind of thing. do you want me to bring sausage as well. Also what day do you want to do them.
    It's not the fall im scared of, it's the sudden stop at the end!!!

Only hang as high as your willing to fall- H.F. member

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cm2111 View Post
    so would you all laugh at a new guy if he showed up to this hang and broke out a blue utility tarp? This is basicly a car camping event right? Meaning no worries about the weight/bulk of a blue tarp. I am planning to get a superfly but it is likely not going to happen before the hang. Might just sleep under the stars without a tarp if the weather looks good and set up my tent close by in case it gets wet.
    i would bring the tarp. looks like there could be some rain.

Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    My first hang I had a 16'x20' blue tarp from walmart. Over me and my son side by side.
    Nobody laughed, actually they help me hang it. I hope the weather is good for my gold panning.
    I thought it was pretty cool how you had it set up. the two of you guys side by side.

just as long no one takes my trees really really far back I will be happy.
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    i am hoping the wet weather is for thursday into friday. sat and sun look clear. i have to go with my son to Raleigh on the 6th for a school trip and then have to teach a class back in matthews that night, then head out to this trip on friday. If we had more then one car and I didnt need to head back to matthews, I would have just stopped at the campsite on my way back and added a day to my trip. Me and emerson could have chilled out with Pappy.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by visionarylion View Post
    I would figure 2 eggs per person then add another half dozen to be safe..lol.. whatever veggies you like will be fine, peppers, onions, shrooms that kind of thing. do you want me to bring sausage as well. Also what day do you want to do them.
    Great! I will count heads on Wed. based on the spreadsheet numbers and buy 2 eggs per plus a few. Please do bring some sausage. I will probably bring all the veggies you suggested because those are exactly what I would pick.

miyanc has suggested we decide Friday evening who is cooking which morning. Sounds like a good way to do it.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    . . . I would have just stopped at the campsite on my way back and added a day to my trip. Me and Emerson could have chilled out with Pappy.
    That would be great but the class sounds important. We'll be glad to see you Friday evening.

Hammock
    wbbb XLC
    Tarp
    CubenWinter Palace
    Insulation
    Down TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    single ring
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PappyAmos View Post
    Great! I will count heads on Wed. based on the spreadsheet numbers and buy 2 eggs per plus a few. Please do bring some sausage. I will probably bring all the veggies you suggested because those are exactly what I would pick.

miyanc has suggested we decide Friday evening who is cooking which morning. Sounds like a good way to do it.
    I thought I would bring Scotch eggs so I bought 3 dozen and looked up some recipes. I decided to try making a couple ahead of time just for practice 'cause I never made them before. It was a complete disaster. So instead I am just donating 3 dozen eggs and some sausage to be used as needed.

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx, Yeti, Rev 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I went to visit my uncle today and he had bought himself a new sluice, pans and all sorts of prospecting stuff. He is retired now and looking to start a new hobby to take up some time. He is moving to the mountains this spring. Anyhow, I told him I was heading to Uwharrie next weekend and he asked if he could come. I said sure, the more the merrier. He was all excited.
    Aim for the moon, if you miss, at least you will still be among the stars.

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast