Hammock
    WBBB XLC dbl. 1.7, ENO Dblnst
    Tarp
    Superfly, MCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Zep/Incu/NewR/SSnv
    Suspension
    tree strap/whoopie
    I have a Superfly and it's a wonderful piece of gear, but for some reason, every time I set up my OES MacCat Deluxe, it gives me the warm fuzzies... just something about it. I love that tarp. I think it's my favorite piece of hammocking gear.

My Brian Andrews Off The Map custom bushcrafter knife goes with me on every backpacking and canoe camping trip. I always mutter about the handle-heavy balance and the bulky sheath but despite the fact I'm a knife nut and have LOTS of knives to choose from, that one is always on my side.

Take it easy,
    desmobob
    Last edited by desmobob; 11-17-2013 at 17:29.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Zpacks
    Insulation
    Just enough!
    WB traveler! So light, so comfortable!

Hammock
    comfortable
    Tarp
    waterproof
    Insulation
    warm
    Suspension
    necessary
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Beardo View Post
    @Moel Siabod have you ever used this is in a storm? Looks like it'd only keep your thigh fronts dry...
    I've used mine in many storms. I even took it on a 250 mile walk in Scotland this spring. It worked like a dream. Mine does have a bit more coverage at the back than the one in the video.

I can see that it is hard to believe but I'm really glad I gave it a try. Now I'd only consider takinbg waterproof trousers on a deep winter trip.
    "Live like you will die tomorrow, but learn like you will live forever." Gandhi

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'm with Desmo on tarps. Big tarps, small tarps, light tarps, angles, shapes, etc. Love them all. Canoebie has a tarp by Gargoyle that was set up in a cool way. Looked like a doorway on the side of the hammock.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Hennessy ULB-A
    Tarp
    OES/McCat Std
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Stock with biners
    Ok, well, if I can't include my modded (zipper queen did zippers for me) Hennessy, then it's my McCat Standard tarp. Makes life good... nothing beats laying in the rain with that over top of my rig, listening to the rain drops and knowing they can't come through. and nothing sucks worse than the trip when the seam sealing had given out and I didn't realize it ahead of time... very miserable.

One thing I like about the HH stock tarp is that's made without a seam down the middle.

My puffy

This one is tough. So many people listed things just like or very similar to my gear and each one has a special place in my heart. If I had to pick one, then I'd have to agree with HappyCamper:

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    My Monbell UL Down Jacket. It goes with me in summer because it's lighter than a sweatshirt. Goes with me in spring and fall as my outer jacket and goes with me in winter as liner jacket. In spring, summer and fall, it gets stuffed into a sack and is my hammock pillow. In winter it's my sleep sweater. I never go camping without it. I never think about switching it out with another piece of clothing.
    My favorite piece of gear (hammock-related or otherwise) is my Montbell Mirage Parka. It weighs a scant 12 oz and nearly half of that is down. It's crazy light and packs tiny for the warmth it provides. I use it for all the same things as HappyCamper. I especially like that it lets me carry a lighter top quilt and no need for an extra down hood.

Hammock
    $25 Walmart special
    Tarp
    Custom Squidbilly
    Insulation
    DYI UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/huggers
    New hammocker, but long time hiker/camper/hunter. I'd have to say my absolutely fave piece of gear is the Sawyer Squeeze. A three ounce wonder.

Next runners up are the DYI UQ my wife made and our tarps made by Squidbilly.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Starts at the bottom for me. Literally.

Keen Hyperlifes. Comfortable. Crazy Light, KeenDry Waterproofing. Almost hate it when I have to wear anything else. First set of LW Trailrunners, and it won't be my last!
    Last edited by Rolloff; 11-22-2013 at 09:09.
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Having slept the better part of last winter outside in my Traveler hammock without a sock, the Warbonnett Traveler Sock was an incredible improvement to my setup.
    That and my Speer PolarPod are two gem stones.
    Best,
    Blaze

Hammock
    Dutch 1.0 Hexon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HGtop/underquilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Hmm, hammock related but not the hammock (shame, my DIY has a special place in my heart... I smile everytime I look at it which is probably why I've spent every night in it since July!)

I'd have to say it's a toss up between my Hammock Gear Phoenix or Hammock Gear Cuben Fiber tarp... Thinking when my post count gets high enough I'll be throwing the tarp in the for sale section to fund an upgrade to one in camo though.

Not hammock related, a small acrylic beanie I lost Had been with me on every trip... It's amazing how such small and simple pieces of gear can really feel like old friends... Especially when they're lost. The Ohm is quickly working it's way up there as well though!

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast