Quote Originally Posted by tbird911 View Post
OutandBack . . .

I suppose if I was expecting a storm, the most bullet-proof way to pitch would be ridge-line low and side pulls staked rather than pole mod. I might consider this only because it might allow me to use the side-pulls -- not so much for adding space under the tarp, but more just to ensure (expecting the storm of the century) that the tarp was fastened to the ground at two more points.

That being said, I would have to do a test pitch or two to verify, but if memory serves, because the pulls are located more towards the top, you can get a steep pitch angle on the sides without worrying about over stressing the pole or pulls. It would have to be a forecasted barn buster before I'd really worry about it.

Tbird
Hi Tbird,
I sure wouldn't want you to break anything. I was just thinking in full storm mode it would be nice to have the extra room the pullout/pole mod gives you. I like the pole idea since it pulls more up and out vs staking the pullout to the ground. Which is more out and down giving you less room inside. I have used hiking poles to give me a better angle on the pullouts. But I don't think that is better than the pole. Too many pieces too many lines to trip on.