Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Administrator octothorpesarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Narragansett #1, Maine
    Posts
    2,116
    Images
    15

    Looking for white silnylon

    Looking to purchase white silnylon with the intention of making a tarp. haven't been able to turn up any fabric to fit the bill. Looking for leads.

  2. #2
    Senior Member iRokk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alta Loma, California
    Hammock
    The Quagmire/misc DIY/Eno DN
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    Hg system(eventual
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies/UCR's
    Posts
    785
    Images
    4
    Trying to really blend in during those winter hangs?
    I may be dumb, but at least I'm ugly!

    I've done so much, with so little, for so long, now I can do anything with nothing.

    It's not peer pressure, it's just your turn.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    iowa
    Hammock
    diy or Dream
    Tarp
    MacCat delx
    Insulation
    diy & HG
    Suspension
    whoopies & Dutch
    Posts
    206
    http://www.owfinc.com/fabrics.html
    RIPC1.1+color 60 1.1 oz 30 denier Silicone blend coating First Quality (no idea what silicone blend means)

    ♥RIPC1+color 60 1.1 oz Silicone impregnated 30 denier, slightly 2nds

    http://www.rockywoods.com/Fabrics-Ki...weight-Fabrics

    http://www.seattlefabrics.com/nylons.html#1.3%20oz%20RS
    (1.3 & 1.9oz)

    http://www.therainshed.com/
    (located under Item#: 1274 - Coated Ripstop)

    hope this helps
    ~cinamon

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hammock
    Thunderbird 11'
    Tarp
    UQ.com Maxtarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ & M50 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchness + Straps
    Posts
    1,048
    Images
    10
    Looks like cinnamon has you covered, but if those don't work out contact Luke @ lukesultralight.com. I know he sells white sil raingear. Maybe he could get ya what ya need.
    Directionally challenged...comicly so.

    Thanks to all the Vendors that supported the 5th annual Hoosier Hang gear drawing!
    Dutchware, 2QZQ, Hammeck, UGQ,and Zpacks

  5. #5
    Administrator octothorpesarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Narragansett #1, Maine
    Posts
    2,116
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by iRokk View Post
    Trying to really blend in during those winter hangs?
    That's the intention. My hunter green tarp doesn't blend in so well when the white stuff is on the ground.

    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamon View Post
    http://www.owfinc.com/fabrics.html
    RIPC1.1+color 60 1.1 oz 30 denier Silicone blend coating First Quality (no idea what silicone blend means)

    ♥RIPC1+color 60 1.1 oz Silicone impregnated 30 denier, slightly 2nds

    http://www.rockywoods.com/Fabrics-Ki...weight-Fabrics

    http://www.seattlefabrics.com/nylons.html#1.3%20oz%20RS
    (1.3 & 1.9oz)

    http://www.therainshed.com/
    (located under Item#: 1274 - Coated Ripstop)

    hope this helps
    ~cinamon
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeMadeHiker View Post
    Looks like cinnamon has you covered, but if those don't work out contact Luke @ lukesultralight.com. I know he sells white sil raingear. Maybe he could get ya what ya need.
    Thanks! Now you've got me looking in all the right places.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Mrprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Hammock
    HH Explorer UL Zip
    Tarp
    DIY Gear Winter
    Insulation
    HH SS
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    1,724
    There's some on eBay sold by montanasoftware.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NW, USA
    Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    DYI/ ORIGAMI
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Posts
    937
    I was up in Seattle, had a nice look around Seattle Fabrics. I purchased 10 yards of very nice white silnylon. I am very pleased with their operation, clerks were helpful, the supplies were of decent quality. I will be buying more from them in the future.

    I bought a kit a few months ago with white silnylon, I was very unhappy with the quality of the silnylon, it had snags in it, I paid for quality fabric, I do not feel like I received quality fabric. There was a guarantee for the supplies in the kit, however, when I complained about the poor quality I was told to just dab some silicone on the snags. I did not want to "dab silicone, here and there on my tent". If I had wanted a sloppy job I would have bought seconds and taken my chance.

    I looked Seattle Fabric over very carefully, I did not find any junk, even in their odds and ends bin. My daughter bought some really nice ripstop nylon for $3.00 a yard in the mark down bin. I wish we could have purchased the whole roll, but we settled for 15 yards.

  8. #8
    Senior Member nuttysquirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Forest Grove, OR
    Hammock
    diy, hk2001,bmbh
    Tarp
    diy hex or aysym
    Insulation
    diy's,jarbidge!!!!
    Suspension
    whoops, ucr, dutch
    Posts
    1,436
    Images
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    I was up in Seattle, had a nice look around Seattle Fabrics. I purchased 10 yards of very nice white silnylon. I am very pleased with their operation, clerks were helpful, the supplies were of decent quality. I will be buying more from them in the future.

    I bought a kit a few months ago with white silnylon, I was very unhappy with the quality of the silnylon, it had snags in it, I paid for quality fabric, I do not feel like I received quality fabric. There was a guarantee for the supplies in the kit, however, when I complained about the poor quality I was told to just dab some silicone on the snags. I did not want to "dab silicone, here and there on my tent". If I had wanted a sloppy job I would have bought seconds and taken my chance.

    I looked Seattle Fabric over very carefully, I did not find any junk, even in their odds and ends bin. My daughter bought some really nice ripstop nylon for $3.00 a yard in the mark down bin. I wish we could have purchased the whole roll, but we settled for 15 yards.
    who was the kit from?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Pag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Hammock
    DIY headessey
    Tarp
    blackcat
    Insulation
    primaloft tq/uq
    Suspension
    whoopies & huggers
    Posts
    451
    Images
    4
    Noah Lamport sells white I believe. $3 a yard with 10yd minimum
    --If a cow laughs hard, does milk come out its nose?

Similar Threads

  1. SOLD: 10 2/3 yds white silnylon
    By Mrprez in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-14-2014, 14:37
  2. SOLD: 13 yards white silnylon
    By Mrprez in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-07-2014, 14:02
  3. 16' X 60" White silnylon
    By Mrprez in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 10:11

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •