Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brancher View Post
    BTW, Who is 'HG'? Last question - are you a hiker or a camper?
    HG is HammockGear at http://www.hammockgear.com, one of our fine cottage vendors.

I'm a hiker - don't really enjoy putzing around camp doing bushcraft stuff all day. It's a heckuva lot easier to convert to hammock camping if you're bone tired from a long day's hike!

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner DL
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB, CCF pad
    Suspension
    I switch around
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    HG is HammockGear at http://www.hammockgear.com, one of our fine cottage vendors.

I'm a hiker - don't really enjoy putzing around camp doing bushcraft stuff all day. It's a heckuva lot easier to convert to hammock camping if you're bone tired from a long day's hike!
    Yeah, me too. Nothing like falling into a shelter when yer soakin' wet and too tired to scrape the mud off yer boots.....I think I'm gonna pick up a WBBB with a mamajama and see where it takes me. See you on the trail.... I'll be there in April. Not sure if I'm gonna start back an Amicalola or just pick up at Franklin or Nantahala.

....but I ain't hikin' SMNP. Too stoic for my taste.

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by Brancher View Post
    Funny, I feel kind of sheepish all of a sudden -- I somehow stumbled across Shug's video series and he confirmed what you guys (or ladies) just said. so I guess I'll just sit over here and be quiet for awhile......
    Don''t be afraid to ask questions. Even if it has been asked before, new things may have been invented since then. The folks here are quite ingenious. There is also a donor section, where we discuss stoves and knives and off-topic topics.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Light Owl
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down SB, WL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies

First musing

We'll I'm new at this too bit based on my first sleep around 35 degrees and many hours research here can address some concerns. Speer is out of business but Eno makes a pad sleeve with shoulder/hip extensions called a hotspot. I put a Walmart CCF pad in it and an inflatable in my 35 degree sleeping bag along with a nalgene filled with hot water at my feet and was almost too warm. The ccfs are effective but bulky. Underquilts are heavier but more compact. Jacksrbetter make wide torso pads in 1/4in thickness. I just ordered a pair and expect they will help with a wide range of temps. Welcome to the obsession.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12