Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 72
  1. #21
    Senior Member fin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    On the trail
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Posts
    2,498
    Images
    208
    I was wrong about the black flag - all the lettering, as well as the hammock guy on one side of the flag is done in the GID thread. It actually works pretty well and gives a nice, subtle glow. But the GID fabric just blows it away. It is still glowing, 3 hours later.

  2. #22
    Senior Member JerryW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    West Central Illinois
    Hammock
    DIY 11' & Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Hex/Grizz Beak
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,155
    Images
    101
    That GID fabric looks pretty cool. Would it be possible to have the logo silk screened onto both sides of it?

    That would be a good item for the HF store.

    JW
    The "Search" function is your friend!

  3. #23
    Senior Member LostCause's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Hammock
    WBBB; Bridge in progress
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    Short UQ/pad combo
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    699
    Images
    19
    Very nice flags Fin! That GID fabric sounds like good stuff!

  4. #24
    Senior Member fin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    On the trail
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Posts
    2,498
    Images
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryW View Post
    That GID fabric looks pretty cool. Would it be possible to have the logo silk screened onto both sides of it?

    That would be a good item for the HF store.

    JW
    If you know someone who silk screens, sure! But the fabric is expensive - I think it was like $50 for a 48"x48" piece of their ripstop glow fabric. It is also probably a 2.5-3.0 oz fabric, so it is a little heavier than normal - more like a sunbrella weight fabric than a nice, light ripstop. I have a bunch left over that I am brainstorming on ideas for, like a GID ridgeline pocket organizer. But it is like a night light - it was still glowing this morning at 5:00 AM! It might mess with your night vision. I'm thinking of cutting out letter stencils of my trailname, and sewing them in to my pack and my HF jacket. That fabric is very, very cool - I am extremely pleased with it, and with Barbara's work on my latest flag. She is a great person to work with.

    -fin

  5. #25
    Senior Member Just Jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    8,012
    Images
    32
    You could also embroider your name on a rectangle of fabric...you'd still be able to read it in the dark but it would be easier than sewing individual letters if you want a smaller nametag.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

    - My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

    IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

  6. #26
    slowhike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    DIY w/ pull-outs
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Posts
    10,816
    Images
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by fin View Post
    I have a bunch left over that I am brainstorming on ideas for, like a GID ridgeline pocket organizer. But it is like a night light - it was still glowing this morning at 5:00 AM! It might mess with your night vision.
    -fin
    How about just the "mouth" of an organizer pocket? That way you can the were to reach inside.
    don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!

  7. #27
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Howell NJ
    Hammock
    HH ULA
    Tarp
    Warbonnett
    Insulation
    JRB Nest/Sleep Bag
    Suspension
    Straps and rings
    Posts
    22
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by fin View Post
    A pretty lame submission, but let's kick this off!

    Best part of this post, my Cards won 3-2, those were good days. Cardinal Nation will recover!!

    Sorry for the complete off topic response

  8. #28
    Senior Member Mustardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Posts
    2,302
    Images
    42
    Man, I want one of those glow flags. Actually, I want any flag at all, but the glow would be awesome. It's a shame she doesn't stock the glow fabric. I'd rather not order a full, expensive sheet, just for a flag.

  9. #29
    Senior Member XexorZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Norther Idaho
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Mosq. Camo Dimond
    Insulation
    US GI MSS
    Suspension
    WBBB Stock webbing
    Posts
    701
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by fin View Post
    If you know someone who silk screens, sure! But the fabric is expensive - I think it was like $50 for a 48"x48" piece of their ripstop glow fabric. It is also probably a 2.5-3.0 oz fabric, so it is a little heavier than normal - more like a sunbrella weight fabric than a nice, light ripstop. I have a bunch left over that I am brainstorming on ideas for, like a GID ridgeline pocket organizer. But it is like a night light - it was still glowing this morning at 5:00 AM! It might mess with your night vision. I'm thinking of cutting out letter stencils of my trailname, and sewing them in to my pack and my HF jacket. That fabric is very, very cool - I am extremely pleased with it, and with Barbara's work on my latest flag. She is a great person to work with.

    -fin

    Alternative: GID Silkscreen ink

    http://www.riskreactor.com/Glow_In_T...screen_Ink.htm

  10. #30
    I've got to get me a flag. Just have to decide between the black and the green.
    Mark
    Just hanging around.

Similar Threads

  1. Hammock photo contest
    By ticketothemoon in forum Other Vendors and Services
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-25-2013, 22:38
  2. Photo Contest
    By Wintec in forum Other Vendors and Services
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 12:38

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •