Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    My use of Paypal is to a direct checking account that I use for such purposes. I like the option to not put something on a credit card.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I have been waiting for the day the world economies fail and Dutch Clips become the standard currency.
    "The Riddle of Titanium"?

"Dutch, what is best in life?"

"To hold your enemies up, see them hammock before you, and hear the lamentations of the tenters."

"Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OldRagFreeze View Post
    I haven't bought any Dutchware yet, but I definitely will eventually... I will be paying direct by credit card, not PayPal.
    You can check out as a guest and PAYPAL will act just like any other credit card processing service. You enter all your info CC#, Billing Address, Shipping Address, etc but you will not be creating a PAYPAL account.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsissewa View Post
    That may be prohibited by Dutch's agreement with PayPal. Review your merchant agreement before taking this route...
    PAYPAL doesn't offer discount code, at least from what I could find.

Quote Originally Posted by breaker View Post
    "For security reasons, $500 is the most you can withdraw from your PayPal account each month. If you want to withdraw more than $500 per month, just verify your bank account, debit card, or credit card information."

If you verify with a bank account which does not need any money in it. Then this all goes away. All you do is enter your account wait a day and then check your bank account. paypal will deposit money in it. 2 amounts.
    Exactly, we have verified all our info submitted to PAYPAL.

We will continue to use PAYPAL as it offers the most options for buyers in one location. Wanna check out with PAYPAL account? You can do it... Wanna check out with Credit Card? You can do it... Wanna use an e-check? You can do it... Wanna use your debit card? You can do it...
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    Too many to list
    Tarp
    Cuben with doors
    Insulation
    FlThrwr UQ+DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sr1355 View Post
    BigCarl suggested offering a discount for those who DON'T use PayPal, but use their credit card directly. I'm saying that MAY be prohibited by the merchant's agreement with PayPal. They don't like merchants offering an incentive NOT to use PayPal!

Carry on.
    "Pips"
    Mountains have a dreamy way
    Of folding up a noisy day
    In quiet covers, cool and gray.

---Leigh Buckner Hanes

Surely, God could have made a better way to sleep.

Surely, God never did.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipsissewa View Post
    BigCarl suggested offering a discount for those who DON'T use PayPal, but use their credit card directly. I'm saying that MAY be prohibited by the merchant's agreement with PayPal. They don't like merchants offering an incentive NOT to use PayPal!

Carry on.
    No matter if your paying with a CC or PP as a vendor we will be charged a fee from either source, the CC service and PP are in it to make $$$. Most CC process fees are 2-3% and so are most PP fees, what would the incentive be for a vendor to offer a discount for a direct CC purchase???
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    XLC Blackbird Multi-cam
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Yeti multicam
    Suspension
    Webbing
    No they do not. How ever having a store program does all the calculations before heading to paypal. Also having a store program keeps tracks of orders for tax time much nice. You also can DL some free programs then bring it in.

http://youtu.be/4Y6EcOM_F10

using a store program is far easier though. For example on one of my sites right now I have 2 coupon codes running. Where 1 is for thanks giving and the other is for 2 clients because they had alot of work done. You can run unlimited codes.

Hammock
    XLC Blackbird Multi-cam
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Yeti multicam
    Suspension
    Webbing
    No matter if your paying with a CC or PP as a vendor we will be charged a fee from either source, the CC service and PP are in it to make $$$. Most CC process fees are 2-3% and so are most PP fees, what would the incentive be for a vendor to offer a discount for a direct CC purchase???
    I have thought about coding into my store pay with silver or gold and get a deal.

Hammock
    NX250, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Vertex
    Insulation
    Zliner, AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Makes no difference to me. 1. I never use a CC for online purchases. 2. Our $$ is in Bank A and we do nothing online with it. We each have a "Mad Money" checking account at separate bank. I keep $50.00 to keep the account active. No checks, just a Debit Card. This account is linked to PP. I am not an impulse purchaser. So when I want something I put the money in the bank and go online shopping. My PP account is usually $0
    "I ain't no physciscisk, but I knows what matters"
    Popeye

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Quote Originally Posted by VictoriaGuy View Post
    Bingo!

I don't like dealing with unknown (to me) sellers and small-volume vendors that require my credit card info.
    I've been burned twice with stolen credit card/identity theft and I don't hand out info unnecessarily any more.

I would be very reluctant to fill in a web order with Dutch (or most of the other vendors here at HF) if my credit card info was required. I much prefer PayPal as a buyer.

A lot of eBay and other online sellers don't like the Buyer Protection afforded by PayPal, and I keep that in mind when I see a seller that doesn't offer a PayPal option.
    Interesting comment, I have found when there is a problem my Credit Card Company is the easier to work with vs PayPal. There is a difference if you give PayPal all your information (get confirmed) vs using PayPal as a guest. I use Pay Pal as a guest because I know they have been hacked into and it will probably happen again. I found PayPal not to be particularly helpful to guest users.

I have had battles with PayPal in both modes. On dispute I settled with PayPal, the other I finally went to my Credit Card, they solved the problem, quickly in my favor. PayPal said the problem was just too bad. The problem was I never received merchandise that I paid for. Vender said they shipped it, they had Proof of Mailing. I did not receive the shipment. My Credit Card settled quickly.

I have buyer protection that is as good as PayPal without the fee's, with my Credit Card.

Be aware that Debit Cards and Credit Cards are different on the protection afforded. Credit Cards are more secure. My company, has a system where you can give a one time credit card number for a given amount of $. That, I think is a great safeguard. I use it when I am purchasing from someone I do not know. With Dutch Gear, I just pay with my regular plastic, because I feel confident using his company.

Also everyone should be aware that rules for plastic purchases changes, so read the information that comes with your statement every month.

Hammock
    Too many
    Tarp
    Too many
    Insulation
    Too many
    Suspension
    Too many
    Images
    Hi Dutch & Keith! Hope you guys are doing good...

Maybe you could try a 2 payment method option, and see how it goes... this will give your customers an option and also some time for you to try the non-paypal option out.
    From the trees we came, to the trees we shall return

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast