Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    I seem to remember a couple of filet mignons you cooked over a little wood stove at the 501 Shelter one evening. Probably came from Dietrich's Meat Market. How many Dutch hooks could I get for a 6 oz Filet mignon? Better yet, price everything in Dutch BlingCoin and sell the BlingCoin for filets... or Whoopie Pies!
    I have been waiting for the day the world economies fail and Dutch Clips become the standard currency.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    GT Double/Single
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wallyworld CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    What your regular customer think really isn't going to be much help. The real question to ask is this:

Will NEW customers want PayPal or credit card?
    I haven't bought any Dutchware yet, but I definitely will eventually... I will be paying direct by credit card, not PayPal.
    "We're the Sultans of Swing."

Hammock
    ENO SingleNest & DoubleNest
    Tarp
    CCS Tundra Tarp
    Insulation
    Exped pads
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    We're about to have a new website, and we'll have a paypal option for those that want it, but those paying with CC will do it direct through our site and i'm hoping that will make my life easier.
    Which payment processor did you end up choosing?

Hammock
    Banyan bridge, BIAS gathered
    Tarp
    ZPacks w doors
    Insulation
    HG; JRB
    Suspension
    Straps & beckett

Pyow

Pay your own way . . .

I've been fortunate to have few problems, none significant in nature, with PayPal. If someone does not want to use it, s'ok with me; can send check or money order. But truth be told, PayPal is easier.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

Hammock
    XLC Blackbird Multi-cam
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Yeti multicam
    Suspension
    Webbing

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Paypal has made sense up until now but sometimes they really get on my nerve. One time they limited my account that I could only withdraw $500 per month (of my money). Downloading their information takes forever and if you aren't working for more than 5 minutes on their site you get booted.

My question is, if I went to a regular shopping cart with a credit card, would that be an inconvenience to anyone. I know many of you like to buy and sell gear with your paypal accounts but I'm guessing most Paypal accounts are empty and it comes out of a credit card anyhow. Currently paypal accepts credit card for me.

So does anyone think I should keep Paypal?
    I myself prefer paypal. I see the transaction instantly. if I do not receive and item I can escalate it. I myself live off my paypal being I am a computer programmer. The reason you have these limits is because....

"For security reasons, $500 is the most you can withdraw from your PayPal account each month. If you want to withdraw more than $500 per month, just verify your bank account, debit card, or credit card information." https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/he...rticleID=94053

If you verify with a bank account which does not need any money in it. Then this all goes away. All you do is enter your account wait a day and then check your bank account. paypal will deposit money in it. 2 amounts.

Log into paypal enter these amounts and your done. Now you can sign up for a business account which is FREE and I have also. They send you a debit card which looks like a credit card. Which can use anywhere from bank machines to walmart. Like I said I live off my paypal.

I think my limit after doing this is 400 cash a day and 2500 a day. Much better then a bank because with a bank you go over they charge you. paypal just denies and says not enough sorry. No extra charges.

Now when you take this step if your generating high sales then the fees can also be lowered but you have to call. They lowered mine.

All I take is paypal from my clients and sometimes it has upset a few but these people where in other countries like Afghanistan.

Now I did try a credit card processor one time thinking I would be saving money. it was a nightmare. They kept uping the monthly fees. When I did transaction with clients for 1K they would freeze it. I would have to wait 2 weeks to see the money. When I tried to cancel they change the fee amount by 1 penny so they could still withdraw there money from my bank. I had no choice but to close the bank account to stop them and open a new one. For all the time they wasted for me it was far more expensive.

there is also 2checkout... but I myself liked them much. But I have been using paypal for my business for over 10 year now. Ohh also your allowed 2 paypal debit cards get 2. I keep the extra put in the safe in case number 1 card ever gets damaged. has not happen but you never know.

And if your looking for and amazing store program I use this one for all my sites. http://www.turnkeywebtools.com/ I do not pay monthly I just buy it outright which is like 500 and you own it. Super easy to use.

Also with paypal those fees they take from you, you do realize you can right those off. I am in USA so I am able to right them off.

Hope this helps.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    JRB Mt. Washington
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    I did some business with a fairly large internet retailer and used a credit card directly to them. Somehow all of a sudden I got a couple of fraudulent charges on that card, which thankfully the card issuer alerted to and blocked the card. It could have been a lot worse. I don't know if the retailer was hacked. I used to work at a large internet retailer and we got hacked which exposed customer information. I like paypal because it gives me a way to pay on the internet and provides a buffer between my personal info and the retailers system. My suggestion is to provide the most payment options possible, let the consumer choose between them as they like.

Hammock
    DH Roaming Gnome 11"
    Tarp
    DIY Sil
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie, UCR

Is Paypal really needed?

I vote that you keep paypal, dont want to send My numbers over seas.

Hammock
    DIY Ripstop gathered end
    Tarp
    11' DIY sil hex
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I haven't used my PayPal account in years. Any cards/accounts attached are expired/closed. When I first bought from Dutch's site I tried to use the PayPal guest for a fast checkout but it would not let me. This was because my e-mail address has not changed so PayPal sees I still technically have an account. So I was ready to check out credit card in hand but I couldn't because of PayPal. I had to wait for my wife to come home and have her log into her paypal.

Being a first time customer I found PayPal to be inconvient, but it looks like I am in the minority. Also the reason I felt comfortable buying from a small vendor didn't have anything to do with PayPal, it had to do with all the rave reviews I read on this site.

Hammock
    The Quagmire/misc DIY/Eno DN
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    Hg system(eventual
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies/UCR's
    Images
    For most places I'd prefer to use paypal, because I wouldn't know how trustworthy the seller is, but I wouldn't hesitate to put my info into any of the websites of our vendors here. We are a pretty great, and trustworthy, community.
    I may be dumb, but at least I'm ugly!

I've done so much, with so little, for so long, now I can do anything with nothing.

It's not peer pressure, it's just your turn.

Hammock
    Too many to list
    Tarp
    Cuben with doors
    Insulation
    FlThrwr UQ+DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by biggcarl View Post
    Keep the PayPal option, offer a discount to those who use a credit card.
    That may be prohibited by Dutch's agreement with PayPal. Review your merchant agreement before taking this route.

I too, would balk at buying from a merchant who didn't offer PayPal. I just don't want my CC info spewed all over the internet at every site I buy from. I'm not a big Dutch customer by any means (not that I don't want to be! ), so my two cents is worth exactly that!!
    "Pips"
    Mountains have a dreamy way
    Of folding up a noisy day
    In quiet covers, cool and gray.

---Leigh Buckner Hanes

Surely, God could have made a better way to sleep.

Surely, God never did.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast