Insulation
    Pad

Lightest all in one set up...

Hello!

Wondering what company sells the lightest all in one hammock set up...suspensions, tree slings, etc, everything!

Thanks!

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Here's what i think:

BIAS: for hammock and straps, they sell open hammocks that total weight will almost blow your mind.
    Dream hammock: Darien UL integrated net and overcover. lightweight body and suspension.

if you are talking tarp included, look at warbonnet and clark. all the other "all in one" systems have heavy tarps comparitively. i personally recommend buying your tarp seperately. doing so allows a huge base of suppliers and weights all variant on material and size.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    Nano 7
    Tarp
    Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 40 TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    dynaglide
    - Bias hammock in 1.1 ripstop (they will custom make any size) I would do a 9.5 by 4.5
    -Bias nano bug net custom fitted shorter to perfectly fit hammock for maximum weight savings. Since they make both I'm sure they would do this.
    Cuben fiber hammock gear tarp. Or zpacks tarp.
    This is the lightest you could possibly go without diy( only because you could then trim and fine tune everything.) but it is basically custom made to your specs. I really would suggest getting a small hammock as this will shave weight off hammock and net with no sacrifice in comfort. That's my experience. I'm 6'1" and sleep fine every night in a nano 7( 9x4 hammock made of 1.8 oz ripstop nylon) also for suspension get dynaglide whoopie slings and use short straps with dynaglide "strap extenders". I personally don't use any straps but use amsteel as my straps.

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    Unfortunately I don't think Dream Hammocks makes the Darien UL anymore but I believe that is the lightest all inclusive hammock you can buy. If you contact him and ask, he might be willing to make one for you.

I've heard he stopped making them because he got so many complaints about damaged ones.

I've had mine for almost two years and will say that it is ultralight and you have to understand that and take care of it as such. You can't lay it on the ground while hanging it or taking it down. Even letting it touch against some thorn bush while packign or unpacking it could cause damage. Get in it one time with something pokey in your back pocket and it will likely rip.

Having said that, what do you expect for an 11 oz hammock that includes all suspension, bug net, ridgeline organizer, etc.

You may get lighter by going with a hammock that has no bug net but in Missouri where I live it simply doesn't make sense. I've never liked seperate bug nets and although I like the feel of sleeping without one in the winter, it's easy enough to unzip the net on my Darien UL and lay it to the side.

I've had BIAS hammocks and they're good and light and I also think you could buily your own DIY hammock using the Darien UL as a model...particularly if you're going to go without a bugnet.

Good luck on your search
    Gideon

Hammock
    HH Explorer/BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    HH Asym/HH Hex
    Insulation
    HHSS/0* Incubator
    Suspension
    HH stock/UCRs
    Dear LegoFox, Your post states..."I personally don't use any straps but use amsteel as my straps." I'm a firm believer in "Do your own thing as long as it harms no one else", but I also believe in "Do no harm" even more. There may be some missing info in your post, something along the lines of...."but only on the hanging posts in my yard." If that's not the case, you may want to consider the harm done to the trees if, in fact, you do use amsteel as straps while hanging between them. It may not be noticeable damage on the bark, but due to the amount of force we, as hammock hangers, exert while pursuing our passion.....well, it'll eventually do serious damage. Including, quite possibly, killing the trees. Or, having local city, state, federal parks banning hammocks because of it. Just something to think about....for anyone not using straps. OK, my sermon is over. Thanks for 'listening'.
    Last edited by tri-pod bob; 11-29-2013 at 16:06. Reason: Added name of respondee.
    Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
    Chief Seattle

Hammock
    Nano 7
    Tarp
    Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 40 TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    dynaglide
    I hang in areas where I'm deep in the jungle and only in one area overnight. If I do stay in a park or somewhere long term then I use sticks to brace the bark. I also hang on trees that are invasive to the area. Rainforest are a little different when it comes to "damaging" the trees. The canopy is very dense here. It's common for invasive "java plum" to be cut down by park rangers in the area I frequent. But yes I do use sticks against trees when camping longer than a night.

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Winter bag/DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies/dutchware
    Images
    My Darien UL is an awesome ultralight all-in-one setup. I absolutely love it. Don't know if you can get one but don't pass up the chance if one comes along. Good luck. 😆

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL Black
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator/Mamba
    Suspension
    DIY DG Whoopies
    I believe the Darien UL is just special order now because "inexperienced" people were having issues with it (stuff like tearing the net by laying in the hammock backwards and whatnot). My understanding is that Randy just removed it from the easy-to-find area of the storefront. There's still a page up for it and it just says "Special Order Only."

At least I hope that's the case, 'cause I'm seriously looking at it.

Hammock
    S
    Tarp
    S
    Insulation
    Not Enough
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    http://www.dream-hammock.com/DarienUL.html

Even with this hammock there is room to lighten the suspension some.
    Theres nothing like danglin in dixie!!!!

Murphy's Law: When one toilet breaks they all break.....its all a buncha crap.

Im an educated idiot. The more I learn the less I know.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Simply light designs are the lightest I believe

• + New Posts