Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends

Finally, I did it.

Wow, messages back and forth, guilty conscience for buying on a Marketing Binge Weekend.

I just can not resist the RED Jarbridge. It has my name on it, I have debated for weeks. Still not sure if I should have requested the upgrade for more warmth. Hopefully the Apex plus my down quilt will be enough if I get brave and Hang at home. That would put me in Shug's class for cold temps. I do not think any one is quite in Shug's class he is one of a kind. Definitely one of a kind!

Hammock
    HHED ZIP
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    NewRiver,Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Excellent :
    I love my Jarbidge and my New River !!!
    You should try the flamethrower boots LOL
    Phiche

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    Wow, messages back and forth, guilty conscience for buying on a Marketing Binge Weekend.

I just can not resist the RED Jarbridge. It has my name on it, I have debated for weeks. Still not sure if I should have requested the upgrade for more warmth. Hopefully the Apex plus my down quilt will be enough if I get brave and Hang at home. That would put me in Shug's class for cold temps. I do not think any one is quite in Shug's class he is one of a kind. Definitely one of a kind!
    I agree, being from Florida I can't imagine hangin in below 0 temps. Mr. Shug is a true adventurer.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    If I wasn't stationed in guam, I would be able to justify buying some of Paul's gear. You definitely have some quality stuff coming your way. Get out, enjoy it, but most importantly take pictures!
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Thanks for the morale support, I am a DIY person, it required a lot of faith to purchase "Ready Made".

You won't be disappointed. Got my Jarbridge in the mail yesterday (with the Christmas bonus item) in olive green/black. Looks like a backyard hang this weekend. Temps in the high teens and I've finally got a proper temp gauge to see if it's true.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    You won't be disappointed. Got my Jarbridge in the mail yesterday (with the Christmas bonus item) in olive green/black. Looks like a backyard hang this weekend. Temps in the high teens and I've finally got a proper temp gauge to see if it's true.
    That should be a real good test! Be sure to tell us how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    That should be a real good test! Be sure to tell us how it goes!
    Had the first hang with the new Jarbridge with apex. I wanted to test it using only what I would normally carry for the conditions: OR gore text raincoat for a foot box, puffy coat and down vest, gloves, beanie & and down/fur bomber hat, set of long johns, fleece pants and pullover 1/4 zip, I made up a footpad (foam and windshield reflector) to help out my feet since I only had one pair of socks on. I used my EE RevX 20 down TQ and a hot water bottle.

Temps started out in the 20's and dropped to a low of 14. When I came in this morning, it was 17 according to weatherunderground. Was I comfortable in the 20's? Yes. In the teens, I was ok but not super warm. If I did a better job with by feet, I would have been fine. Down booties are in my future I think. I never put my puffy on either, but I know it would have helped out.

I was very happy with the jarbridge, but have to get used to it being shorter and narrower than my new river. It will be perfect for my warmer weather trips and will save some weight and bulk. I'm confident in the temp rating and performance of this quilt and look forward to lots of hang time with it.

Tonight it's supposed to hit 14 deg so I'm trying it again. This time I'm bulking up with an extra TQ (Walmart ozark trails 32 down bag) and I'll stack my New River under the Jarbridge to double up my bottom insulation. For a winter trip, that's about 5 lbs total of insulation, which is a reasonable weight to haul in. Anybody have any tips on stacking? Reporting back after night 2.
    Last edited by michigandave; 12-07-2013 at 08:17.

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird or WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly or HHx
    Insulation
    HG 0deg Inc/Bur
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    MichiganDave,

That's a good Sit Rep (Situation Report). Sounds like you have a good bead on what you could do if you had to in order to improve your comfort, ie., put on the puffer, improve foot insulation with down booties or other foot box enhancement.

Congrats on the addition to your kit. That's great. Enjoy it and use it often.

All the best from Western Massachusetts !
    Gil
    Just Hanging Out !

Quote Originally Posted by SemperFiGuy View Post
    MichiganDave,

That's a good Sit Rep (Situation Report). Sounds like you have a good bead on what you could do if you had to in order to improve your comfort, ie., put on the puffer, improve foot insulation with down booties or other foot box enhancement.

Congrats on the addition to your kit. That's great. Enjoy it and use it often.

All the best from Western Massachusetts !
    Gil
    Having a plan "b" is great, but I always roll with having plan c, d, etc as a "just in case" option.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast