ENO Doublenest, GT SBP, DIY
    Tarp
    ENO and GT
    Insulation
    ENO Ember/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Atlas, Whoppie

Thank you Sew Lady

In my venture to do DIY projects, I had purchased a couple of tafetta table cloths to do DIY hammocks. Knowing that I wanted to put a channel at the edge to make a nice finish, I needed to work on my sewing skills. At our local small mall, we have a sew shop. The bride told me to go there and get help. The nice lady not only assisted me in getting started, she also got two of my tablecolthes and sewed them. She said she had fun doing it and would help anytime.

I have my Grandmothers old 1946 sewing machine that needs a new belt, but not sure if I want to fix that or get the nice lady to help me with sewing bug nets that I had gotten from Sportsmans Guide.

One of the reasons that small businesses are the backbone of America. She only charge $5 for the half hour. If I had done all 4, it would have taken the full hour. Now I have Christmas gifts done except for doing the straps and whoppie slings.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Nice story, and if I am reading this correctly, congratualtions on getting married! You definitely have the right mindset as far as supporting local business. If I knew a place like that I would take all my DIY projects there. At $10 an hour, it is totally worth it. I hope the recipients of your hammock gifts are happy to receive them on xmas day.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest, GT SBP, DIY
    Tarp
    ENO and GT
    Insulation
    ENO Ember/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Atlas, Whoppie
    I kept wondering why everyone thought I was not married until I re-read my posts in the past. I realized that I address the wife as the "Bride". She has been my wife for 24 years. I just always call her the Bride. I guess it keeps it fresh for me.

Thanks for the support.

• + New Posts