first post and new hammock

hi!
    been reading this board for a couple of weeks and i just got my first hammock, a eno doublenest, the main reason for that choice was the weight capacity and price.

right now ive got it strung accross my bedroom from laghooks into studs in the wall. i think i am going to have to raise the hooks a little the next day or so as it seems to be stretching a little, my hind end almost rubs the mattress as it is (have to get a couple of pictures of it.

i need to pick up some tree huggers, bugnet (probably going to go with the no seeum one) and make a tarp, and for later in the year a underquilt.

i do have a couple questions about the hang, getting in and out properly etc..

thanks for the wealth of knowledge available here
    mike

Hammock
    It's a Secret.
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images
    It's not necessary - but you may be interested in installing a ridgeline on your hammock as well. Very easy to do, and once you have the length right it's a snap to get the right sag in the hammock every time.
    DIY Gear Supply - Your source for DIY outdoor gear.

Hammock
    Blackbird - Dbl. 1.1
    Tarp
    OES Spinn Deluxe
    Insulation
    REI Lite-Core 1.0
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies
    Images
    If your not able to get a flat lay in the doublenest, try bringing the footend above the head end. Your body will slide to the center of the hammock. I have a singlenest for the backyard, and this is far more comfortable than trying to lay the hammock flat across. Also try exchanging the carabiner for a rings/nylon strap or cinch buckle setup because the slap straps for ENO's suck both for the lack of available loops and the stretch. It's harder to get your hang right.
    Those who expect disappointment are never disappointed.

well i think that i dont have enough room to get it to hang well enough to sleep in, so back to the drawing board there. ive got the biners connected to the eyebolts in the wall but cannot get truly comfortable... might try moving the bolts as caty cornerd to the room as i can.... and you guys with youtube vids on getting in and out why do you make it look so easy? i get in fine but out is another story..

i guess i should clarify a bit, i can seem to get comfortable in a wide u shape... gonna play with it a bit and try again

does anyone know the proper minimun length for a decent somewhat taught hang for a doublenest?

• + New Posts