Hammock
    Speer
    Tarp
    Speer WinterTarp
    Insulation
    Speer PeaPod
    Images

Hot Springs Hammock Campout June 12-14, 2009

Join us for our 26th SEHHA Campout! Hot Springs Campground, Hot Springs, NC June 12-14 2009

Sponsored by Speer Hammocks, the Hot Springs Hang is held 3 times/year: April, June & September. The April09 Hang last weekend was our largest ever with over 50 guests! We hope the June Hang will be even bigger! This is not a sales event--instead it's a laid back weekend with our friends & fellow hammockers.

Join us for the 26th SEHHA (SouthEast Hammock Hangers Association) campout June 12-14, 2009. It's FREE! (except for your $6/nite camping fee). This is an informal group event and everyone is welcome--veteran, novice or future hammockers. See, learn and share your knowledge with other hammock enthusiasts. This will be an easy overnight campout at a commercial campground in a beautiful mountain river setting near the Appalachian Trail in western North Carolina! Join me, Ed Speer, author of the Hammock Camping book and editor of the Hammock Camping Newsletters for a fun midsummer campout. Previous trips were well attended and this is another chance for hammockers to show their stuff, share ideas, learn from others, and be a part of the 'new way'. Meet old friends and make new ones! Check out the newest hammock gear!

This is also the weekend of the Bluff Mountain Bluegrass Festival! Enjoy free live music performed within a 2 minute walk of our campsite!

We will camp in the popular Hot Springs Campground approximately 45 minute drive northwest of Asheville, NC or 1.5 hours east of Knoxville, TN. The campground is located on the east side of the town of Hot Springs on Highway US 25/70 directly across from the Hot Springs Resort and Hot Tubs. The campground is situated on the French Broad River and our campsite (#413) is on the rivers' west bank. Road access to the campground is from Asheville, NC or Newport, TN on US 25/US 70. Trees are available for about 15 hammocks at site #413, so please bring hammock stands if you have them. However, trees suitable for 100s of hammocks are available throughout the campground! For those interested in renting their own campsite, nearby sites with 3-10 suitable hammock setups each include # 407, 411, 415, 311, 313 & 315. Elsewhere, sites 461, 463, 465, 467, 469 & 501 are excellent choices with trees for 10-20 hammocks each; while an overflow area immediately south of the bandstand stage can handle up to 60 hammocks. Camp central for the weekend will be the camp fire and large white canopy at site #413.

Everyone will be responsible for his or her own transportation, gear, behavior, and camping fees ($6/person for those at site #413).

Show up anytime and leave anytime, but don't miss our free Saturday evening hot dog cookout! This is now a tradition at each hammock hangers campout--it's not to be missed! Otherwise, everyone will be responsible for his or her own meals.

Upon arrival, check in at the campground gate and ask for the 'hammock group'. Karen and I will be at the campsite Friday afternoon thru midday Sunday, so arrive anytime after 1 pm Friday. Folding camp chairs will be appropriate, so bring your own. The Hot Springs area abounds with outdoor opportunities like hiking, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, mountain biking, etc--you can easily combine the hammock campout with an outdoor trip. The Appalachian Trail passes thru town and only a few hundred feet from our campsite. The French Broad River adjacent to our campsite is a popular fishing and floating stream.

Find complete campground details at:
    http://camp.nchotsprings.com/

Find driving directions at: http://nchotsprings.com/directions.html

Summer temperatures at this elevation can fluctuate wildly, so expect daytime temps of 50-85F and nighttime temps of 40-70F. Rain is possible so be prepared.

Signing up is not necessary, but letting us know will be appreciated-- [email protected] or call (828) 724-4444. I'll post the sign up list on this thread.

Everyone Welcome! See ya at Hot Springs!

Make plans now for our Fall campout--September 18-20, 2008, also in Hot Springs, NC!
    Ed Speer (NotToWorry)
    Co-Owner, Speer Hammocks, Inc
    Author, Hammock Camping book
    Moderator, Yahoo Hammock Camping List

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    <changing>
    Insulation
    TBD
    I'll be there!

Anyone interested in sharing a campsite please let me know.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NotToWorry View Post
    Make plans now for our Fall campout--September 18-20, 2008, also in Hot Springs, NC!
    This is super cool! Making the June hang might prove to be very difficult for me, even under threat of an angry Pawfoot. September, however, is a whole other story. With this much lead time I might actually be able to make that one! Very excited.

Smokey Mountain Diner here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Speer
    Tarp
    Speer WinterTarp
    Insulation
    Speer PeaPod
    Images

Hot Springs Jun09 Attendees--30Apr09 update

Here's the list of those who've expressed an interest in the June09 hang at Hot Springs. I'll update the list as often as needed, so let me know if you plan on attending.

Confirmed: 2
    NotToWorry
    tater
    Ed Speer (NotToWorry)

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Ed,

June 11-14, I will be at the Northern hang in Wisconsin with our northern brothers...I will see if I can get some time for the Sept one! Maybe even my significant other might come!
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    ENO
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Snugfit Underquilt
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I am planning to be there for sure!

Hammock
    BB 1.7 Dbl, ENO SN, Switchback
    Tarp
    SWT, Diamond Fly
    Insulation
    Infl. Pad, Fleece
    Suspension
    Ring Bckl, Whoopie
    I'm doing my best to come back for the June trip. Trying to convince some more folks on this end of the state to come along.
    "I used to be sane, but now I'm better."

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Gonna try and make the September Hang!
    June will be up here in the skeetery North with some hale and hearty hangers.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro & GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    Gonna try and make the September Hang, Can't make the June due wedding Anniversary(16yrs).
    Chris

Hammock
    Speer
    Tarp
    Speer WinterTarp
    Insulation
    Speer PeaPod
    Images

Hot Springs Jun09 Attendees--2May09 update

Here's the list of those who've expressed an interest in the June09 hang at Hot Springs. I'll update the list as often as needed, so let me know if you plan on attending.

Confirmed: 7
    NotToWorry
    Tater
    Dancer
    Shrek
    Neo + 2
    Last edited by NotToWorry; 05-04-2009 at 11:24.
    Ed Speer (NotToWorry)

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast