Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by STinGa View Post
    FIMB,

Thanks for sharing your trip. The clear weather made for some great views. I really enjoy that area. My kids love yelling from the top of Devil's Courthouse down to the parking area and listening for a response.

STinGa
    The weather was perfect! Devil's Courthouse is a nice place too. I've heard kids yell down before. I wonder whose they were.

Quote Originally Posted by tjayblues View Post
    Excellent video, wish I could have been out this past weekend.
    It was a great weekend to be outside.

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    You will have no problems at RHK.
    VBL for the feet, very very smart.
    Hot water into plastic bottle into the hammock/downy goodness? Not me. You must really trust Nalgene.
    The scenery was outstanding FIMB, your physical prowess needs this type of trail.
    LOVED seeing the Bonefire and its supplement....wonder how many are in the Bonefireclub now???
    Ayn Rand just smiled from the grave
    Cool and smart reflectix on the bear can stool.
    I've found over the years that most bears dont hang out at that altitude in our eastern moutains when it gets that cold....they go downhill to where its warmer; only us crazy humans head to places like that in the cold.
    Great timelapse!!!!!!.
    One thing I noticed, you have great acumen of all the trails, all of the mountains in the area...like a walking GPS.
    Looking forward to the Antigravity map of that trail.
    Noted, avoid the Jamaican porridge. Cinnamon is a medicinal.
    Just a fantastic trip report. Dont think I'll ever be up to speed to do this one, so loved living it through your eyes.
    You'll be burying your shoes on the Roan (and your water bottles)
    I'm looking forward to RHK! The VBL socks were super easy and cheap to make. I'm still learning the best way to use them.
    I tested that bottle several times before I started using it. I also removed all sharp edges to help prevent it cutting the hammock. Having a hot water bottle to help warm the feet or belly is great!
    I do enjoy this kind of trail. The other two guys did well. Although they were slower, they helped keep me upbeat.
    I believe that there are 6 Bonfire (TM) Hammock owners and 4 Bonfire (TM) Backpack owners. The supplement worked perfectly and I'll be doing the same thing with the full length 20F Smolder UQ I made to get me down to 0F.
    A fine novel and a great conversation starter.
    Thanks for the insight on the bears.
    I have found that I love a good timelapse. I still have a lot to learn about videography, but I feel like I'm making progress.
    Walking GPS? I am a bit anal about knowing everything I can about my trip before hand. Exits, climate, surrounding topography, and the abilities of the group. I need to know so I can keep my wife calm at home with a detailed plan. Thanks for the compliment.
    Hopefully I'll have a sock to put my shoes and water in under my hammock by RHK.

Quote Originally Posted by flyhang View Post
    FIMB
    Thanks for sharing
    Enjoyed it very much
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for watching.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Nice blue sky and white snow, and a great view to go with it! Very, very, very nice days! I can hear the quietness from here, I like that a lot! That little tripod, do you like it? I’m thinking of getting one. It’s all happening, you even got a nice sunset! Bruciehi5 don’t approve of bears. Your camera works good at night. Great weather made that a great trip (till you got sick). Thanks for the equally great trip report, FireInMyBones!

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post
    Nice blue sky and white snow, and a great view to go with it! Very, very, very nice days! I can hear the quietness from here, I like that a lot! That little tripod, do you like it? I’m thinking of getting one. It’s all happening, you even got a nice sunset! Bruciehi5 don’t approve of bears. Your camera works good at night. Great weather made that a great trip (till you got sick). Thanks for the equally great trip report, FireInMyBones!
    Brucie! Great to hear from you. The quietness is needed after teaching 8th graders science all week. I do like my tripod (even more now with the stickpic mod Id did on it). No bears sighted. Better be safe than sorry though. I was surprised how well the GoPro Hero3 Black did in the dark. Way better than my old point-and-shoot. The weather was perfect. We couldn't have asked for better temperatures, cloud cover, or wind.
    You are very welcome for the report. I'm glad you liked it. Hopefully my videos are still improving so I can be on par with yours.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"

Hammock
    Dutch 1.0 Hexon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HGtop/underquilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Excellent report!! Glad to hear you got everything out of your system... Feeling bad on the trail is no fun at all...

You had some awesome views out there. Glad I got to go along if only for a little while. Planning my own little romp in the cold in a few weeks so this vid helped me get even more amped for it!

Thanks for sharing!

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SkidvonArk View Post
    Excellent report!! Glad to hear you got everything out of your system... Feeling bad on the trail is no fun at all...

You had some awesome views out there. Glad I got to go along if only for a little while. Planning my own little romp in the cold in a few weeks so this vid helped me get even more amped for it!

Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks! I feel so much better. The Art Loeb is a great trail the views are majic, and the hills are tough.

Best of luck on your winter hike. I look forward to reading your report.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"

Stockton, New Jersey (along the Delaware River)
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    HG-4SCCCFT/WBSF
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/JRB MWUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, DW baby
    Nice video trip report FIMB. Enjoyed the sights and scenery. Going to have to put that trail on my to do list!!
    "Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don't interfere."- RONALD REAGAN

"There is new life in the soil for every man. There is healing in the trees for tired minds and for our overburdened spirits, there is strength in the hills, if only we will lift up our eyes. Remember that nature is your great restorer." - CALVIN COOLIDGE

My Backpacking Site

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HH supershelter
    Thank you for sharing your adventure. I used to work over in Hendersonville and learned to climb at looking glass. You brought back some great memories and now I'm feeling like I need to plan a trip to hike and hang up there. What a beautiful part of the country.
    Thanks,

Mr. G

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering." (St. Augustine)

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundWitness View Post
    Nice video trip report FIMB. Enjoyed the sights and scenery. Going to have to put that trail on my to do list!!
    Thank you for watching it. I'm glad I've inspired you to go see it.

Quote Originally Posted by mgreg.scout View Post
    Thank you for sharing your adventure. I used to work over in Hendersonville and learned to climb at looking glass. You brought back some great memories and now I'm feeling like I need to plan a trip to hike and hang up there. What a beautiful part of the country.
    You are more than welcome. LG is great for climbing. It is a very beautiful part of the country.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    HG, AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Thanks for sharing with us. Major bummer on the stomach issues, glad you recover fairly quickly. You made need to change your name after this trip - FireInMyGut!
    *Formerly "kleinrider"; no longer own any Klein bikes, so figured a change was in order.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Whoooo Buddy fellers…..
    Have had that trail on my Must-Do List for a while.
    Good luck sailing in all the sock VB thing…tricky stuff.
    Carry forth,
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast