Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    12' Winter Shelter
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Quote Originally Posted by tylojuky View Post
    I just fixed it by shortening the one that was too long. Now all 3 hang with no CRP.
    So did you measure to get all three to the same length or just use an adjust and try method on the third one? I would be interested to know what your final rideeline length(s) is.
    We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin
    (known as a win-win on this forum)

Calf ridge pressure and why I've never had it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alamosa View Post
    So did you measure to get all three to the same length or just use an adjust and try method on the third one? I would be interested to know what your final rideeline length(s) is.
    I've never measured a ridge line. Now that I know what to look for on the WBBB I start by hanging with a "snug" ridge line like Brandon shows on his videos (I've never heard of a ridge line that's too short). If I feel pressure under my calf/knee then I loosen the suspension a little to get more sag and try it out again. Repeat until the calf/knee pressure is gone - even if the ridge line seems "way too loose". Once I get it rid of the pressure under my calf/knee then (while lying in the hammock), I reach up and double the ridge line over in my hand to see how much shorter it should be. In one case I just made a new ridge line a couple inches shorter. In another case I had enough extra that I tied a loop in it - that loop turned out kind of handy (tie a pillow to, pull myself up, etc.). The third hammock didn't need any adjustment.
    Hope that helps.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123