Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    I side sleep in a bed, but stay on my back, mostly, in a hammock.

I find that when I do try to side sleep, I get a little cooler. Side sleeping puts a much smaller part of my torso in contact with the downy goodness of my UQ, and usually roll right over on my back and stay there the rest of the night. No wonder. My UQ is 20* warmer than my TQ
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    Clark TX-250 with weathershield
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Tarp
    Insulation
    I love HammockGear
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lzeplin View Post
    Wow thanks for all the help, I now have some new idea's to try.. One night some how I got on my side and went right to sleep arm felt great but I've not been able to get in that position again.. One more quick question, when on your side say your head is on the right side of the hammock where is your feet? Is it on the right too or on the left?
    In the Clark, I don't have to lay as much on a diagonal to get flat for some reason. When I am laying on my left side, my head is usually to the left and my feet to the right. But when I am laying on my right side, my head is usually on the right side, and my feet are also on the right side. Weird, I know. Just how it works for me.
    With a radical sense of hope, I strive for the seemingly impossible.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Tarp
    Insulation
    I love HammockGear
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg (ret) View Post
    Yup, wonder who the first DIYer will be that comes up with a sleep number hammock?

In the motorcycle world the topics similar to this is seat comfort and wind screens (aftermarket etc). So many variables that what is golden for me may be the opposite for you.
    Ha ha! Too funny!

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Winter bag/DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies/dutchware
    Images
    I side sleep about half the time in my hammock with no numbness. Ridge line is a good idea, as is a long hammock. Also, if one happens to be overweight that'll certainly cause a problem. Don't have any idea whether that's an issue in this instance and I don't mean to be impolite to anyone.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalHope View Post
    In the Clark, I don't have to lay as much on a diagonal to get flat for some reason. When I am laying on my left side, my head is usually to the left and my feet to the right. But when I am laying on my right side, my head is usually on the right side, and my feet are also on the right side. Weird, I know. Just how it works for me.
    You have just about convinced me I need to cough up the dollars so I can try a Clark. But I also need to try a switchback! Ahhhhghh! It never ends! LOL!

Hammock
    Doublenest/RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Tewa UQ, Bag as TQ
    Suspension
    Web+Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    No if you are laying asym (on a diagonal) your head is on one side of the hammock and your feet are on the other.
    It makes no difference if you are laying on either side, your back, or stomach.
    Kind of. When I'm on the diagonal on my back and roll onto my side, (lets say H:L and F:R and rolling onto left side, my normal starting position) my knees will bend and come to the center line or even slightly left and the tush moves right to near the center line or over, with my feet remaining right of center but not so much so. Rolling onto right side will sometimes result in knees further right, but feet back to centerline or over.

The huge size of the ENO Doublenest I use (and the fact that it easily handles size "Bubba")allows for a lot of movement withing the hammock without ending up sideways on the edge.

On a hot Texas night (no insulation...even bug net is too much heat retention) you might even find yourself nearly on your stomach with legs splayed out nearly off both side of hammock trying to cool off!

Hammock
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Tarp
    Insulation
    I love HammockGear
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    You have just about convinced me I need to cough up the dollars so I can try a Clark. But I also need to try a switchback! Ahhhhghh! It never ends! LOL!
    I picked mine up on the sale forum, but it was still more than a couple of pretty pennies. Totally worth it though.

You are right, it never ends. There is always something to try out there!

Hammock
    WL, WB, Clark stuff
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    At the risk of being banned for straying off topic, Radical hope is right! Just spent 2 nights in the Birkhead Wilderness this week..rained like crazy for 24 hours, no wind straight down, but I stayed nice a dry with my clark vertex tarp in half porch so the rain rolls off but I still had a nice view(see pics). I think the best I can describe a Clark bed is a cross between a gathered end and a bridge. And when you figure all the bells and whistles (weathershield, tarp, bugnet, pockets, etc)that come standard with a clark that sometimes you have to pay extra for with another hammock, the price is in line with other makers I think. With the head end poles in its crazy roomy (almost no difference to my RR) and easy to lay on my side, or back. Probably could stand on my head in it if I wanted to, its very, very sturdy (oft repeated on clark forums)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    Wow!...........

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234