WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolloff View Post
    Honda Ruckus is the best I've seen for Scamping, with the Vespa coming in second. The Vespa has options for both front and back racks. You can have a tough time finding that on anything other than the Vespa or Ruck.

The Ruckus allow for quite a bit more customization. I've seen both hunting and fishing set ups, and they were both outstanding and solid. The Ruckus also rides a little bit tighter, frame and wheels wider and more aggressive, thus it off roads better.
    Well it seems we have more scooter trash than I first thought. Some of those custom Ruckus set ups are truly impressive (showing my inner scooter trash a bit). Let's see some scooter trip hang reports folks.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    HG, AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    As far as the safety of the scooter while your out is concerned, why not just lock it to some structure spiraling the cable/chain through the wheels and across the center portion. I'm assuming that would at least make it much more difficult for someone to just pick it up and take it.
    *Formerly "kleinrider"; no longer own any Klein bikes, so figured a change was in order.

Hammock
    11' Nylon w/knotty
    Tarp
    Squidbilly Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Slings/toggles
    More scooter trash here. Well, that is if you count a honda helix (barcalounger!) as a scoot. Started a few years back on a SYM HD200, then proceeded through a honda c70 supercub, aprilia scarabeo 50 di-tech, SYM citycom 300i, kymco agility 50, yamaha c3, and now the the helix (actually my third). Never tried camping with the small ones. The helix is a good touring bike and I actually plan on taking her out this week for a maiden "scamping" voyage (or is it scammocking?) =) The Helix has a nice big trunk and I added a rear rack and 50L top case. No under seat storage is a drawback, but the comfy seat and ample passenger seat space is a plus for lashing a larger load. Will report back hopefully with photos.

Glad to see there are other scooter nuts here on hf!

Also re: potential theft: a properly sized disc brake lock is a big plus (assuming the acoot has at least 1 disc brake). Might not prevent someone from literally picking up a smaller scoot and putting it into a truck or van, but might be enough of a nuisance that they dont want to bother. Good in combination with a sturdy u-lock (best) or thick chain/cable. All are only a deterrent.

Hammock
    Eno dn/BAIS
    Tarp
    real tree hunters
    Insulation
    peapod
    Suspension
    whoopie

Scooter and Hammock must travel!

Chain it to a tree or kiss it good bye! I'm a long time moto hammocker and the only down side is wondering if your bike will be there when you get back. I have been pretty lucky, so far just had headlights stolen.
    Carpe noctem!!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeinajeep View Post
    Chain it to a tree or kiss it good bye! I'm a long time moto hammocker and the only down side is wondering if your bike will be there when you get back. I have been pretty lucky, so far just had headlights stolen.
    The beauty of a DS bike...well, see the sig below.

Hammock
    WBBB/DutchHex1.6
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG 40/20/0
    Suspension
    WhoopDutchHookTogg
    Scooters and hammocks go hand in hand. They are like little packhorses!
    2005 Bajaj Chetak here. Thought I had pics here somewhere. Indian company Bajaj bought the factory and tooling from Vespa for the 78(?) px150 (i think)
    and made them up until recently. Mine is a 4 stroke shifty. It has 4 gears and tops out at 58 MPH. It lends well to slow easy off-road ambling and can get you out there following country dirt roads and level easy singletrack paths. I started taking it off road adventuring when I happened across this pic
    124IndianFamily.jpg
    It is a hearty well made machine. In cities under 45 MPH it's faster off the line than most cars. They are a big part of Indian culture and were a popular dowery item
    I don't know why that pic is so small
    Here's a stock photo until I find pics.
    1137541624_chetak2006.jpg
    Last edited by Clockw3rk; 03-23-2014 at 22:33.
    “Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
    ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Airman's Odyssey

Hammock
    eno doublenest
    Tarp
    eno tarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ & ENO TQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Whoopies
    Images
    More scooter trash here. I have a Genuine Stella. Some of our rallies have been camping rallies. I hope to have my bike fixed soon. So I can take it the smokies on my camping trip. Crank blew up and got dumped on the side of the road at close to 40 mph. FYI don't go from a hard surface to a soft surface at 40. It Hurts. A. Lot.

Hammock
    WBBB/DutchHex1.6
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG 40/20/0
    Suspension
    WhoopDutchHookTogg
    Quote Originally Posted by SQWERL View Post
    More scooter trash here. I have a Genuine Stella. Some of our rallies have been camping rallies. I hope to have my bike fixed soon. So I can take it the smokies on my camping trip. Crank blew up and got dumped on the side of the road at close to 40 mph. FYI don't go from a hard surface to a soft surface at 40. It Hurts. A. Lot.
    yikes...

man those stellas are nice machines. There were a few in the scooter club here in Buffalo. If I ever upgrade it will not be an old vespa, it will be a newer Stella.
    Sssssssssteeeeeellllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
    “Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”

Hammock
    eno doublenest
    Tarp
    eno tarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ & ENO TQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Whoopies
    Images
    You know my bike didn't have a scratch on it except for the busted crank. Hill City United S.C. Here in Chattanooga is planning a rally for this year if it is a camping one I will post it in the southeast section. We welcome everyone.

Hammock
    WBBB/DutchHex1.6
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG 40/20/0
    Suspension
    WhoopDutchHookTogg
    That's a great idea. I have been thinking about a trailer to branch out for rallies. The vendors should seriously consider going to these. I see an unexplored market share.
    I'm not about mindlessly exploiting for profit, I just think there are a lot of pretty cool peeps that scoot that would have no problem being peeps who scoot and hang.
    I think a lot of people who enjoy the scooter lifestyle love doing things in style, and shell out more than the average bear to do it. If you had a little hammock cove I think it would get 10 times the interest that it normally would.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast