Tarp
    WB CB / UGQ WD
    Insulation
    WB Lynx / LL GP
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Thumbs up Black Friday Order!!

I ordered a number of pieces of kit from Jacks with their Black Friday sale. I also bought an Old Rag Mountain for use as a top quilt for me or for an underquilt for my son in cold temps. Two days later I wanted to change the order and reached out to them via email and told them what I wanted. They got back to me and had no problem. They then shipped the order before I could pay for the additions. They took it on faith that I would pay. Of course I did, but between the show of faith and their responsiveness, I will always be a Jacksrbetter customer. I am now a proud owner of 8 of their quilts!

By the way, I received all the goods today. Great shipping, what a great feeling to have my goods so quickly after ordering.

I previously owned 2 ORM's, 2 Hudson Rivers, 2 Shenandoah's and a Greylock 3!

Now I am able to take the family hanging in any kind of weather and I know we will all be safely warm!

Thanks to the Jacks!

(Anyone want advice about their products that I own, just ask! I would love to talk more about them)

Hammock
    Homebrew Argon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Stuff
    Which quilt do you like best on a HH Expedition Zip at 30°

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB CB / UGQ WD
    Insulation
    WB Lynx / LL GP
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clean View Post
    Which quilt do you like best on a HH Expedition Zip at 30°
    At that temp I would pull down my 900 fill Long Hudson River. I used that in October at a Cub Scout camp weekend and the temps got down to 27 and you would never know it. Also, I don't have an uq protector and the second night we had 30 mph winds, and I never felt a breeze of cold air. The quilt held up to everything. Slept great!

Hammock
    Homebrew Argon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Stuff
    My question was vague but I think you understood I was asking UQ not TQ.

Why the Hudson over the Mt. Washington as an UQ?

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB CB / UGQ WD
    Insulation
    WB Lynx / LL GP
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clean View Post
    My question was vague but I think you understood I was asking UQ not TQ.

Why the Hudson over the Mt. Washington as an UQ?
    Since I don't have a mt Washington, I really am not qualified to compare them. I am sure it is high quality like the other JRB quilts.

I started this hobby when I had less discretionary money than I do now, so I chose the economical quilts that could be used as both uq and tq. Now that I am further down that road, I am not sure why a hobby that is filled with so many evangelists of multi-use items, chose a quilt that only does one or the other. For me and my family we have 7 quilts that can do both at varying temps. This allows a various amount of possibilities. When by myself in the dead of winter, I take two ORM's. In summer by myself, I take the two Shenandoah's. When with the family in 25 degree weather, like what I had at the scout camp, my son and wife had the two ORM's for underquilts, I had the two Hudson rivers (one for an uq and one for a tq) and they had 15 degree sleeping bags for their tq. I just like having choices. I normally don't have to vent, because I bring the quilt for the temps.

Plus through all of this, I believe these choices have let my love for camping pass down to my kids. We hammock camped when they were 2 and 4. Now at 5 and 7 they hang full time in their bedroom and sleep by themself when we camp. They put themselves to bed with no help from us after the initial setup. They have never once complained about being cold or hot. They just complain we don't camp enough. What a great problem to have.

In the end, you can't go wrong with any of these cottage vendors we have the privilege of corresponding with in this forum, but for me, I stay brand loyal till the vendor proves me wrong. I took a chance on them when I bought my first quilt, now they rely on me to spread my happiness with their product with whomever asks or shows interest.

Mike

...sorry, I didn't realize I spewed all that out, but I am extremely happy with the JRB products! I hope I gave you some insight into my decision making process.

Hammock
    Homebrew Argon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Stuff
    Makes sense to me!

• + New Posts