Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images

ATTN: Gear makers.... Possible motherlode of resources available.

We are putting our home on the market. For the first time in 25 years my wife is looking at her sewing books and weeding out the ones she has never/will probably never use. Remember this ia a professional seamstress who inherited some of this stuff from a supremely competent seamstress. This will be an ongoing list for a while so keep an eye on it.

We start the feeding frenzy with 8 volumes of the Singer Sewing Reference Library

Timesaving Sewing
    Sewing Update 1988
    Sewing for the Home
    Sewing Specialty Fabrics
    Sewing Activewear
    Clothing Care and Repair
    Sewing For Style
    The Perfect Fit

These are all like new Hard Bound books. Mint condition. I do not have time to list all the contents at the moment and it may not matter. We are asking $100 with media shipping included for the set. We would prefer not to break up the set.

I'll post updates to the "available list" on occasion over the next couple of weeks. Please feel free to ask questions about these items. Questions asked in the thread will be answered in the thread. Questions asked in PM will be answered in PM.

Let the feeding frenzy begin.
    Last edited by Ramblinrev; 05-12-2009 at 18:13.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Does this mean you got the job in Ohio?
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    No.. in fact it means I didn't...

We just have to move for a variety of reason. One is it's either sell or lose it at this point. The other is that my wife and I don't need five bedrooms any more. Plus it is time to off load "treasures" and toss out "trash" and there is a multitude of each.

The above listed books are old but the material is timeless. It won't talk about silnyl but it does talk about sewing china silk. in many ways the two handle the same. The material is basic foundational which is why flamingo never cracked them open. She had the foundations already in place. But they are a treasure trove for the hobbyist looking to expand their craft and knowledge.
    Last edited by Ramblinrev; 05-12-2009 at 18:54.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Books are sold.

I am sure there will be more goodies to come.
    Last edited by Ramblinrev; 05-13-2009 at 06:41.

Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Ok I need some suggestions. I have some older stuff that I am just never going to use any more. Five stinking heavy car camping type synthetic sleeping bags. A few short length open foam sleep pads (not self-inflating) a shortened egg crate blue wally world pad. plus probably a few odds and ends. I am willing to put this stuff in a box and charge $15 + shipping USCON to anyone who wants it for any reason. Call this a grab bag of goodies. I have no idea what the shipping cost would be as I have no weights on this stuff. Scouters? Are you looking for stuff that would help out a beginning camper? The sleeping bags are all ~40* bags. All synthetic.

I don't have any pics of this stuff atm but could post some if anyone is interested.

Again.. $15 +shipping for a grab bag of goodies. We ain't talking flyweight ultra fine gear here. But I'll bet you could have some good laughs over it.

I'm going to guess 25 pounds all told shipped from 17847 according to your choice of shipper/service. 5 sleeping bags @ 3 lbs apiece is 15 by them selves.

Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    Ok I need some suggestions. I have some older stuff that I am just never going to use any more. Five stinking heavy car camping type synthetic sleeping bags. A few short length open foam sleep pads (not self-inflating) a shortened egg crate blue wally world pad. plus probably a few odds and ends. I am willing to put this stuff in a box and charge $15 + shipping USCON to anyone who wants it for any reason. Call this a grab bag of goodies. I have no idea what the shipping cost would be as I have no weights on this stuff. Scouters? Are you looking for stuff that would help out a beginning camper? The sleeping bags are all ~40* bags. All synthetic.

I don't have any pics of this stuff atm but could post some if anyone is interested.

Again.. $15 +shipping for a grab bag of goodies. We ain't talking flyweight ultra fine gear here. But I'll bet you could have some good laughs over it.

I'm going to guess 25 pounds all told shipped from 17847 according to your choice of shipper/service. 5 sleeping bags @ 3 lbs apiece is 15 by them selves.
    All items have gone to local scouts.

Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    From the Scouting community -Thank You!
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

• + New Posts