DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    What about requiring a tracking number only if there is a problem? If you cannot produce tracking # then you are responsible to make it right with the "claimee" or add another PIF to be able to participate again.(or some version of this)

***IMPORTANT NOTE***
    I know that I rarely get tracking on first class mail, but even though they offer tracking to me every time, I have noticed that there is a tracking number at the bottom of my receipt EVERY TIME, no matter if I pay for it or not. I do not know if it is just a glitch at my backwards post office or if every post office does this now. (Can somebody confirm this?)

So if this is true for every post office, first class mail and priority have tracking for free anyway, so the tracking would not really be 90 cents every time. ( I am a cheapskate)
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    As silentorpheus stated, the PIF thread was created to help organize a way for members to give stuff away.

We created the rules to have some type of organization and some rules to go by, basically to keep honest people honest. There is always someone that has to be corrupt.

Here are my thoughts. There are a few individuals in the past that have had consistent packages not make it to their intended person. They claim that they have sent them. I have had email conversation with them when I need to step in. Some can be jerks about it and refuse to pay the extra 0.90 cents for tracking. This makes me wonder if they are actually sending the packages. Others are very understanding about adding the tracking.

We can add the tracking to the rules but we have no real way of enforcing it. What it all boils down to is honesty. I feel adding the tracking to the rules would be a good way to see if the package actually gets mailed. If the person is willing to mail out a PIF item, I don’t see where 0.90 cents is going to break them. If they can’t afforest an extra 0.90 then they probably can’t afford to mail it in the first place.

I just put this to a vote here https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=84944
    Thanks for posting this. I really appreciate that on this forum, when you have a concern people actual listen and even if they don't agree, they can stay calm and actually talk things over with you
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG on order
    I've never participated in pif, but this thread really doesn't encourage me to do so. I don't have much, as I'm just starting out, and I looked at the thread to see what it's all about. The spirit seems to go against everything I've ever seen in other pif threads on other forums.
    I am probably wrong in my perceptions though.

Hammock
    GT Double/Single
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wallyworld CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by cba191 View Post
    I've never participated in pif, but this thread really doesn't encourage me to do so. I don't have much, as I'm just starting out, and I looked at the thread to see what it's all about. The spirit seems to go against everything I've ever seen in other pif threads on other forums.
    I am probably wrong in my perceptions though.
    I can't imagine why you'd say that. I've had such good experiences with the handful I've claimed that I've been compelled to 'step up my game' each time I post a return. I usually throw some random extras in when I ship, like coffee or hot sauce packets, and I've noticed others do too. A few bad eggs will pop up from time to time I'm sure, but the spirit of the thread is pure in my opinion.
    "We're the Sultans of Swing."

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG on order
    The first things I really read about PIF just appears kind of hostile. I've sent tons of things in other PIFs, but never actually received one. Considering how long the thread is, I'm sure that there is more to it.

Hammock
    blackbird
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    yeti
    Suspension
    web/cinchbuckle/DC
    Images
    Yep, been burned in PIF before, but would say I have been 95% happy with the PIF's I did receive at my address. When sending a PIF I have always included a tracking number, it is the courteous thing to do in my opinion. HF has always been about treating the members as you would like to be treated. That simple "rule" has been what makes this forum great. Rally on troops, I'm waiting to claim my next PIF

Hammock
    Eno dn/BAIS
    Tarp
    real tree hunters
    Insulation
    peapod
    Suspension
    whoopie
    I sent a knife to a customer and it disappeared. It was a $500 knife and I couldn't sent another. I had a tracking number but it only worked the 8 blocks from my house to the border. After months and months of me, the customer and canada post yelling at each other, customs called me and said they had it the whole time. They had wrecked the label opening it and then lost it. I had to go to the postal hub and get it. The customer and I are now good friends but that was a terrible shipping mess. So I always blame the shipping before the shipper.
    Carpe noctem!!

Quote Originally Posted by scooterdogma View Post
    Yep, been burned in PIF before, but would say I have been 95% happy with the PIF's I did receive at my address. When sending a PIF I have always included a tracking number, it is the courteous thing to do in my opinion. HF has always been about treating the members as you would like to be treated. That simple "rule" has been what makes this forum great. Rally on troops, I'm waiting to claim my next PIF
    I remember when I sent you the BMT book and the tracking number showed it had been delivered but you didn't have it. Finally the PO found it and got it to you in time
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images

Exclamation

I am a firm believer of shutting down a problem before it gets started, nipping it in the bud if you will, i also know that MOST members here follow the rules and the overall community is great, but we all know that there is allways one in the crowd that ruins things for everyone, so like i said before that a simple rule change could solve the whole problem better than requiring traking we could have the 3 strike rule, if a member has 3 UNRESOLVED transactions on the pif thread as well as on any other marketplace thred then they are OUT!! Of course the mods can use their descretion on what may be cosidered unresolved and make exceptions if they feel it is needed but i think this rule may be a good deterent to those who think it is ok to not honer the rules.. People behave differently when they are held accountable for thier actions,

Then again, this is just my opinion

Hammock
    blackbird
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    yeti
    Suspension
    web/cinchbuckle/DC
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    I remember when I sent you the BMT book and the tracking number showed it had been delivered but you didn't have it. Finally the PO found it and got it to you in time
    And THAT's the nice thing about a tracking number

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast