Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle

PIF - No Delivery Rule???

I hope this is the right place to post this.

I was recently thinking about the PIF I claimed over a month ago and have yet to receive. This is NOT an attack on them. Anyways, It occurred to me that one could post a PIF and then just say "yup, I sent it" and never send anything, but be free and clear to claim something.

I'm suggesting a "no delivery" rule.... maybe 3 strikes and your out? It's understandable that once or maybe even twice, that the postal service might mess up a delivery, but three times? I think that if a member has three individual complaints about not sending an item or an item never being received, then that member should be suspended from the PIF until said PIF's are delivered. Just my idea.....
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

Hammock
    DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    I can get behind that. My post office is world's worst about losing things but that is no excuse. Every time the post office screws up it can still be made right. This is why most of my pifs are things are Imusa mugs or something that I could replace if the post office drops the ball. Sad but true...the post office loses lots of stuff.
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Baby Orca/Klymit
    Suspension
    straps/c buckles
    Images
    my post office has been hideous as of late as far as service.
    December 3rd, I sent out 2 PIFs and a Christmas pkg for my friend on the East Coast.
    Fortunately, the PIFs made it to their destinations.
    I am on the phone right now (over an hour now) for the 5th time in regards to the other package to my friend.

So, what I do when I ship a PIF, I notify the recipient via message that I indeed sent it along with the tracking number.
    I generally expect a response like, "it arrived." "thanks, it finally got here."
    But some do not respond, so I track it myself.

I have heard of one PIF coming in 3 months later, (no) thanks USPS.

So, I am not really on board with your idea.
    If there is an issue, that is what mods are for.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

AT '12. AT '14. FT '15. CA '15.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos View Post
    my post office has been hideous as of late as far as service.
    December 3rd, I sent out 2 PIFs and a Christmas pkg for my friend on the East Coast.
    Fortunately, the PIFs made it to their destinations.
    I am on the phone right now (over an hour now) for the 5th time in regards to the other package to my friend.

So, what I do when I ship a PIF, I notify the recipient via message that I indeed sent it along with the tracking number.
    I generally expect a response like, "it arrived." "thanks, it finally got here."
    But some do not respond, so I track it myself.

I have heard of one PIF coming in 3 months later, (no) thanks USPS.

So, I am not really on board with your idea.
    If there is an issue, that is what mods are for.
    right now, the rule is just to take the member's word for it..... not much of a rule if you ask me.

Hammock
    DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    The way I look at it if you have a tracking number and it is not delivered then its the post offices fault. If you have no tracking number then its the senders fault. I guess I should have said it is the senders responsibility to make it right. Even if lost, a tracking number at least denotes that something was in fact shipped,
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

Quote Originally Posted by halfastronomical View Post
    The way I look at it if you have a tracking number and it is not delivered then its the post offices fault. If you have no tracking number then its the senders fault. I guess I should have said it is the senders responsibility to make it right. Even if lost, a tracking number at least denotes that something was in fact shipped,
    I always get a tracking number (and PM it to the person) when sending a PIF or anything I sell. It is the way to cover yourself if the package doesn't make it.

If you ship a package priority the tracking number comes with it. If you ship first class the tracking number cost you .90
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    I always send PIFs out priority.

I have had a problem once where the shipper didn't mail the item for almost 3 weeks.. So I pm'd the mods.. And they wiggled thier noses, or "swished and flicked" thier wands.. Or whatever they did, and poof.. I had it within a few days

I did have one PIF (incoming) take a 29 days.. But that was coming from Guam and was tracked the entire time. I also had one outgoing that went from NY to California to Florida to NJ.

I disagree with The "3 strike rule" I don't think it's needed.

I would however agree with a "tracking only costs $2, use it" rule.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by hk2001 View Post
    I always send PIFs out priority.

I have had a problem once where the shipper didn't mail the item for almost 3 weeks.. So I pm'd the mods.. And they wiggled thier noses, or "swished and flicked" thier wands.. Or whatever they did, and poof.. I had it within a few days

I did have one PIF (incoming) take a 29 days.. But that was coming from Guam and was tracked the entire time. I also had one outgoing that went from NY to California to Florida to NJ.

I disagree with The "3 strike rule" I don't think it's needed.

I would however agree with a "tracking only costs $2, use it" rule.
    not sure why I didn't think of this as I do tracking when I ship..... tracking numbers make it clear that the sender did their part. I like this!

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    I always get a tracking number when I send a PIF. I figure it is my job to at the very least prove that I shipped it.

When I am receiving a PIF and it has not arrived in 7 days, I always ask for the tracking number. If the sender does not have one, I wait 7 more days then ask the sender to "make it right." If I don't get a good response I contact a MOD to ask for help.

So far this has proven to be successful for me so I don't see the need to place another burden on the MODs to track 3 strikes your out rule.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    I always get a tracking number when I send a PIF. I figure it is my job to at the very least prove that I shipped it.

When I am receiving a PIF and it has not arrived in 7 days, I always ask for the tracking number. If the sender does not have one, I wait 7 more days then ask the sender to "make it right." If I don't get a good response I contact a MOD to ask for help.

So far this has proven to be successful for me so I don't see the need to place another burden on the MODs to track 3 strikes your out rule.
    My last PIF dealings went about as described above only I was told that we just had to take the senders word for it even though it had been weeks and no response after I asked for a tracking number.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast