Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I previously posted a concern that the dragonfly was no longer available but after reviewing the sites I see it is just listed as Out of Stock. In addition, even though it is also Out of Stock at REI, you can still order it as they anticipate the backorder to be filled.
    Last edited by cougarmeat; 01-25-2014 at 22:45. Reason: Corrected "not longer available" to Out-of-Stock

Hammock
    TX-150, Roo, HB SBBF
    Tarp
    Vertex, ShangriLa
    Insulation
    Z-liner, WL SS UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. buckle
    My two cents (remember to discount for inflation) - I ordered a set of their python straps right after Christmas through their website, got them quickly and seem to be of solid quality - have not had a chance to hang yet. I did not need to contact customer service.
    Discretion is the better of valor

Hammock
    HHEA, HHEUL, HHSD, GTUL
    Tarp
    DIY KindaLite 1.1
    Insulation
    TQ, DIY Fusion UQ
    Suspension
    W-Slings, Trunks
    Kammok's customer service is known for being somewhere between "flaky" and "nonexistent."

Hammock
    Grizzbridge/RR/DIY GE/Pares
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    ..... But closer to non-existent.

IMO 10/10 products, 10/10 execution all undermined by poor customer communication. It's a real shame.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    DIY UCR and straps
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Any insight into the availability of Kammock products and their usual customer response time would be appreciated.
    Their customer service simply doesn't respond 99% of the time. You can see my thoughts on their products and customer service in this thread: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...t=74576&page=6

I'm actually going through the process of having a charge back done ATM due to the fact parts were missing from one of my items so it can't be used as delivered and is therefore classed as not fit for purpose. It's a bit complex though as this was purchased via Kickstarter and charged via Amazon.

I strongly recommend you look elsewhere for whatever you're after.

EDIT: After 3 weeks of chasing I finally received an update:

"Trying to figure out how to get you the missing bungy without having you send your storm doors back to us. Sorry for the delay."

Keep in mind all they need to send is a foot of bungy and a plastic clip yet they haven't figured out how to send it in 3 weeks. That's laughable. I've just replied suggesting an envelope and stamp.

That's a perfect example of their customer service. Virtually non existant and incompetent.

EDIT 2: I received another update. Seems they have no stock to send me. No parts, no complete units. While they were specifically talking about the Storm Doors I get the impression they have no stock of anything and that's why emails go unanswered (easier to ignore than admit they're all hype and no substance), why people have been waiting months for their items and why there's been a lot of comments about not being able to buy via REI, Amazon and their own site. Given their lifetime warranty they should always have stock of every product. As I said to them, how long are people supposed to wait?
    Last edited by apsilon; 01-28-2014 at 16:22.

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Suspension
    K. Python Straps
    I was part of their Glider Kickstarter campaign, and it felt a lot better than their current Thylacine campaign - they answered questions better then, but like everyone else has experience, their customer service has fallen off the map.

That being said - their Glider & Roo are really nicely made products, and they do have a lifetime warranty - I'm not sure if they really deliver on what Kammok claimed that they can with materials. But they feel like quality manufacturing.

I'm not associated with the brand, but I will support their efforts because I think the quality is there. I've already ordered the Firebelly TQ, and will probably add the UQ that they are saying will be available in the Thylacine kickstarter campaign. I know that they are a small team, I believe that it is just a 4 person team that they have, but don't quote me on that.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Has anyone received their FireBelly TQ from the KickStarter program? I just read a post(some other site google brought up) by a disgruntled person trying hammock camping - his technique was in question, but my point is, he mentioned using the FireBelly TQ in a 3-31-15 post. I've been away from home for about a week so maybe they are starting to be delivered. Anyone get theirs?

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    In fairness to Kammok, I heard back from them the next day. The FireBelly reviewed was a pre-production model. Kammock did get a delivery of sorts a long while back but the quality wasn't up to their spec so they kind of started over. Better to have it right than in a hurry.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234