HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    $250ish post campaign.
    $250 with no temp rating.

What is it about these Kammock deals where people come on here gushing about a great product that hasn't been produced yet based on advertising that does not provide critical information?

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer UL
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Dream
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/JCP TQ
    Suspension
    WS/MSH
    Images
    It has been mentioned before that they apparently have a really great advertising budget...doesn't take much time or money to post on a forum

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Suspension
    Python Straps

Firebelly

The information they posted shows it to be rated at 30 degrees F using the prima loft gold down blend. I am interested in the top quilt but I am not sure I need something rated for that cold of a temperature. There have been several good questions posted in the comments section. Hopefully they will post an update that tells us more about the top quilt soon.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Sorry I missed that.

But at $250 it's 20% higher priced than a 20 Degree quilt from other cottage vendors, who also offer quilts in variable ranges. If you only need 50 degrees, one can be had for as little as $160.00.

I'm sorry, but Kammock seems to me to be all marketing of gee-whizz bells and whistles that have little practical application and aimed at Hipsters more concerned with appearances than performance.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by apsilon View Post
    This is my first hammock system. I bought it via Kickstarter on impulse...but the company is one of the worst I've come across in terms of communication and therefore customer support. For that reason alone I could never recommend them.
    Yea, they've fallen thru the cracks lately. They were supplying via Amazon and REI; however now you cannot get the hammock thru Amazon (I have several of the hammocks and they are great; however, I don't think much of all their other ideas).

It seems like it's a matter of the business model. They've been doing so much R&D lately (with trips to South America for "testing"?!? Why not a less expensive trip to Colorado or something?) that their customer service has seemingly fallen by the wayside.

Their to top quilt appears to be a mix of 700 Dri-down down and Primaloft. I'm not sure of what they perceive to be the advantage (over straight Dri-down or Primaloft) other than maybe manufacturing costs? I can get a Dri-down TQ from other cottage vendors for about the same or less, with local "hands on" manufacturing.

Hopefully, they get the boat turned around on customer service, before they sink.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow; pads, Lynx
    Suspension
    Dutch's Cinch Bugs
    I don't know anything about these Kammock people.

But I was in the Arc'teryx store in Seattle recently, and saw they were using a mix of synthetic and real down in some of their clothing -- synthetic where it would get (more) wet from your sweat and real down elsewhere.

Not sure how that rationale might translate to hammock stuff, if at all, but it did make some sense for their applications at the Arc'teryx store.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Don't know anything about the Kammock quilt but I have a light down jacket that has Primaloft on the shoulders. I think the rationale was that the shoulders were where there might be compression from a pack strap or where a heaver outer layer may exert some compression.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    HHEA, HHEUL, HHSD, GTUL
    Tarp
    DIY KindaLite 1.1
    Insulation
    TQ, DIY Fusion UQ
    Suspension
    W-Slings, Trunks
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryandjane View Post
    See the latest update?
    Firebelly TQ, what a deal!
    80"x55", rated at 30f and 20oz all for $125. That's pretty cool to me. You try making one/buying one for that much.
    So compared to my GoLite Z30, it's the same temp rating and 2oz lighter despite being larger, using a synthetic/down blend instead of pure down, and a heavier shell material? I'm not sure whether to be impressed or extremely skeptical. I suspect they're giving their new heat-reflecting fabric more temperature credit than it's worth - from the pics that quilt doesn't look all that lofty.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps

Kammock: What bug net should I use?

I've sent two emails in the last week and have had no reply. I haven't seen a phone number on their web site. They say their DragonFly net is available at REI but it isn't. And it isn't available on their web site.

I was going to use the ENO guardian but not sure if it will work as the ENO hammock is a little shorter than the ROO.

I considered the BIAS Buginator but have only used nets that have a zip entry so have no experience with it. I prefer to use the net designed for the hammock.

Any insight into the availability of Kammock products and their usual customer response time would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hammock
    sld treerunner dl
    Tarp
    toxaway
    Insulation
    hg incubator uq
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Any insight into the availability of Kammock products and their usual customer response time would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    I have no specifics but I ordered a set of their python straps on Amazon in October for a casual trip to a state park. They are no longer available on Amazon. the note on Amazon says something to the effect of 'we no longer know when or if they will be available again". the straps were kind of handy for a quick setup but would not have used them on a backpacking trip.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast