Hammock
    WBRR
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

First time set up

I finally got a few minutes to play with my new WBRR this afternoon and I love it. I ve never even been in a hammock before but after doing my research here ordered the RR and got it a month ago.

I set it up on my deck between 19' 6x6s using the data from HC. I got in and it was too low so I measured the Hammock Length and it was 8" longer than I had estimated previously. I moved the anchor points up, eyeballing it, and it was much better. I re-ran HC and the anchor point height it gave me happened to be the same! Beginner's luck...

Anyway, I did something unexpected when I got in...I was lieing there SMILING! I had no idea I would like it that much.

Now I've got to get some gear together and try it for several hours and then overnight.

Thanks for your help on my journey so far.
    I'm a beginner, novice, rookie ... with much to learn.

Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    I enjoyed a lounging hammock for many years but it never occurred to me to sleep in one overnight until coming here in the quest for UL gear.

It's actually less UL than sleeping on the ground but the comfort level ...

Mike

Learn to survive and thrive in any situation, for you never know what might happen. Love family and friends passionately. Suffer no fool. Know your purpose in life and follow it with all your heart.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/Hennessy EXP
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Depends on my mood
    Quote Originally Posted by Illini View Post
    I finally got a few minutes to play with my new WBRR this afternoon and I love it. I ve never even been in a hammock before but after doing my research here ordered the RR and got it a month ago.

I set it up on my deck between 19' 6x6s using the data from HC. I got in and it was too low so I measured the Hammock Length and it was 8" longer than I had estimated previously. I moved the anchor points up, eyeballing it, and it was much better. I re-ran HC and the anchor point height it gave me happened to be the same! Beginner's luck...

Anyway, I did something unexpected when I got in...I was lieing there SMILING! I had no idea I would like it that much.

Now I've got to get some gear together and try it for several hours and then overnight.

Thanks for your help on my journey so far.

Awesome! Trust me when I say that the smiles will keep coming.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    SLCpod - my excitement level is higher than when I ordered the WBRR. We re in an ice storm now like much of the country so need to wait a while to get out.
    I'm a beginner, novice, rookie ... with much to learn.

Hammock
    wbbb 1.1
    Suspension
    whoopies
    nice setup

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Once you take an overnight pack trip you will be hooked. Nothing better than hiking for 10 miles and knowing you will sleep in absolute comfort, wake up not sore, and look forward to the next trip.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Great hammock, i am too big for a standard size hammock like the rr so i made a custom diy bridge, that i have sent over to a friend to do some extra custom details to it for me that were way out of my skill range so i am still waiting for my chance to get thet feeling, congrats on your purchase, IMO, The rr is one of the nicest hammocks out there and if i were smaller i would of bought one when i first started looking at bridges. With all that being said i had Lost_Biker over at Underquilts.com make me a custom set of quilts for my bridge, tq and uq that turned out really nice, if your thinking about quilts then you should check him out, he has the most reasonable prices out there, IMO, and the quality is top notch. You can also check out the first link in my signature to see the custom made winter tarp he made me for my bridge.
    The Zilla tarp

• + New Posts