WBBB 1.7 dbl.
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ quilts
    Suspension
    Web
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodust View Post
    I don't mind the ban. I have another forum for hunting and stuff. It's not quite as civilized as this is though
    I hear you! That's why I like coming here for advice, even other than hammocking stuff. I respect peoples opinion and I like how we try to be respectful here. I'm not trying to troll, I'm wondering where the line is so that I don't cross it. PM me the hunting forum that you like.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast 71 View Post
    You mean; geared to all types of folks who enjoy being outdoors except hunters.

I'm mostly looking for a clear thumbs up or down from the mods please.
    can i voice my opinion on your trip report about how I feel about hunting and firearms? see where this goes!....and has gone in the past
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    WBBB,traveler,yukon & home brew
    Tarp
    Tadpole & Kelty 12
    Insulation
    Jarbridge and woob
    Suspension
    straps / whoopies
    Best to be avoided and not waste the colossal amount of energy it will inevitably require to fend off boarder line flamers who will be compelled to share their opinion on what others do or don't carry in the woods……

Just an observation from past threads: It's not a democracy here so "on the street rules" don't apply & your right to freedom of speech only carries to the point where someone gets their panties in a bunch. And that's fine because we're here by choice and have agreed to all play nicely in the same sandbox, etc.

LOOK!!!………A BUNNY!!!!!!!

Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    Hammock camping is new for me and my family. I'm i trigued by all types of hammock ideas. Let's call my purpose for being here the hammock common denominator. Now how to family hammock camp? Bike pack and hammock camp? Snowshoe and backcountry hammock camp? Backyard hammock camp? Hunt and hammock camp? Long distance hike and hammock camp. Extreme weather hammock camp? Fishing trip and hammock camp? River float for days and hammock camp? Carry and store all my personal items of choice while hammock camping? Better suspensions and accessories while hammock camping? Better modifications for a better hammock experience? The list could go on...

I frequent other sites. It is the hammock common denominator that has me addicted to this site and info. The blending of all of my interests increases my interest in varied conversations. If you just hang in the yard or on the porch, car camp or hike and hang that is fine with me. If you do more with a hammock, that interests me too. I have the control to not click a title that clearly does not interest me and the civility not to go off on someone for expressing something legal that I don't like.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Images
    Do firearms, bow, or hunting forums ban the peripheral discussion of hammocks? Do they fear intolerance from the tent crowd?

Belated Happy Veterans Day greetings.

Hammock
    DIY DL 11'
    Tarp
    DIY SilHex
    Insulation
    OWL UQ & Bag as TQ
    Suspension
    7/64th Whoopies
    It would be nice if there were a hammock hunting category.If rules could be crafted to protect abuse. For instance I would happily blur the details of a rifle if I could still see how someone managed to hang it from their ridge line. Or how they modified a holster to do the same. I just don't know if you could ever find that kind of hammock specific info on a hunting forum.

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast 71 View Post
    I'm mostly looking for a clear thumbs up or down from the mods please.
    Quote Originally Posted by octothorpesarus View Post
    The only place for topics not directly centered around or in support of hammocks is the Donating Members Off-Topic Forum. The ban on firearm discussion is because too often it ends in heated political discourse. That doesn't foster a friendly, hammock related experience.

...Anything in the Trip Report forum should be centered on your hammock experience, otherwise it will be considered off topic.

... We just want to keep things focused on hammocks.
    I think you got what you asked for. This pretty clearly says to me that your trip report should be about your hammock experience, and talk of firearms is not allowed. Otherwise it is off topic, and it crosses into subject material that isn't permitted.

This thread just asking about whether it's okay has already taken a turn in the wrong direction, with people offering up their opinions on whether or not we should be allowed to discuss firearms, or whether or not they agree with the rule. A clear example of why they enacted the restriction in the first place.

In the end, if you have to ask if it's alright, chances are it's probably not.

Hammock
    DIY DL
    Tarp
    WB SF, WB Edge
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps + DutchGear
    Quote Originally Posted by kc0qnx View Post

LOOK!!!………A BUNNY!!!!!!!

A bunny?
    Where?
    I'll grab my Remington .22 caliber semiauto rifl . . . um . . . er . . . uh . . .
    modified Whoopie Slingshot.

"Be vewwy, vewwy quiet...I'm hunting wabbits!"
    Elmer Fudd
    I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, make sure I stay here.

When I see lovers' names carved into a tree, I don't think it's cute. I think it's strange how so many people take knives on a date.

Formerly known as 'Brad49426'.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Cuben fiber +doors
    Insulation
    Muticam UnderQuilt
    Suspension
    whoopies/straps

LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Brad49426 View Post
    A bunny?
    Where?
    I'll grab my Remington .22 caliber semiauto rifl . . . um . . . er . . . uh . . .
    modified Whoopie Slingshot.

"Be vewwy, vewwy quiet...I'm hunting wabbits!"
    Elmer Fudd
    Your crazy! But funny!
    .,====,_o00o
    //__l_l_,\____\,__ Jeep Life! +
    l_---\_l__l---[]lllllll[] Hammock Life = Awesome !
    _(o)_)__(o)_)-(o-)_)___

It's not procrastinating, its proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness.

So Many projects...
    So Little Time..

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post

In the end, if you have to ask if it's alright, chances are it's probably not.
    But it's normally worth it

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast