Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    i've been getting rid of some 3 season prototypes for 140$
    I finally broke down and bought one of the Yetis (my 1st underquilt). So far pads haven't been a problem and I will still carry one for my legs (or use my pack) when using the Yeti. I sleep warm anyway so this might be enough for a winter setup for me. Guess I will find out later on this yr
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    I finally broke down and bought one of the Yetis (my 1st underquilt). So far pads haven't been a problem and I will still carry one for my legs (or use my pack) when using the Yeti. I sleep warm anyway so this might be enough for a winter setup for me. Guess I will find out later on this yr
    How are you using the Yeti in your tent?
    Seriously Ewker, you're gonna love that thing. Especially coming from the "pad world".
    Trust nobody!

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    How are you using the Yeti in your tent?
    Seriously Ewker, you're gonna love that thing. Especially coming from the "pad world".
    as a top quilt of course

how long of a pad do you use with the Yeti?

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Not very, maybe 20" if I take a cut-down pad.
    Usually, I take my 1/8" GG pad and just fold it until it fits like I want it to fit. I carry it full length as my "hold crud it's cold" back-up. If needed, I can just unfold it and get it under my entire body length.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Not very, maybe 20" if I take a cut-down pad.
    Usually, I take my 1/8" GG pad and just fold it until it fits like I want it to fit. I carry it full length as my "hold crud it's cold" back-up. If needed, I can just unfold it and get it under my entire body length.
    same here, just I use the 3/8" GG pad (what I have) at 60"x20"... unfolded to combat CBS
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

I will have some scap pads that long when I cut down the Speer Pad. Just got to figure out the right size and taper on it

Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    just ordered my yeti from brandon yesterday, hope to have it by the 5th of june, really would like the pro's to show me how to set it up on the wb bb on our hike in northern wi in june.
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

Hammock
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kayaknut01 View Post
    just ordered my yeti from brandon yesterday, hope to have it by the 5th of june, really would like the pro's to show me how to set it up on the wb bb on our hike in northern wi in june.
    one of the other best features of a Yeti compared to other UQs...the suspension. Brain dead simple. The draft tubes on the ends elimate the need to adjust the tightness of the ends and the shock cord allows to to slide up and down the length of the hammock so it fits right under you and where your laying...super sweet!
    Only advice is keep it square...I slid the Yeti up about 3" one night by grabbing the upper left corner and pulling it...I didn't understand that the right side didn't move the entire 3" and skewed the uq; opening a nice gap that allowed 10*F air to rush in. Just make sure that it stays adjusted evenly...all will be good
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    one of the other best features of a Yeti compared to other UQs...the suspension. Brain dead simple. The draft tubes on the ends elimate the need to adjust the tightness of the ends and the shock cord allows to to slide up and down the length of the hammock so it fits right under you and where your laying...super sweet!
    Only advice is keep it square...I slid the Yeti up about 3" one night by grabbing the upper left corner and pulling it...I didn't understand that the right side didn't move the entire 3" and skewed the uq; opening a nice gap that allowed 10*F air to rush in. Just make sure that it stays adjusted evenly...all will be good
    Well, animalcontrol, you obviously are not getting out and using your Yeti enough.

I've had the same problem with the Yetis, much more so than the original synthetic version. For one, I think he's using a different shell material that isn't as slick. In fact, I'm pretty sure I remember him telling me that the original shockcord channels were sil instead of the DWR shell material. The Yeti's shockcord loop is also pre-set and a little tighter than I initially would have preferred, but I've been eating my words on that one for a while now. The tighter suspension does help keep the Yeti in place much better than the adjustable version I have from way back. Anyway, I've found that the more I use my Yetis the slicker the slide. I guess the rubbing from the shockcord over time rubs the material's surface smooth. My winter Yeti slides like a dream, but my 3-season is still sticking a little. Not as bad as it used to and I'm betting it's totally sweet by the end of the summer. Assuming I don't procure one of the final 3-season versions next weekend in Damascus. Just means I'll have to hike more.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Well, animalcontrol, you obviously are not getting out and using your Yeti enough.
    I've been keeping up with your long hike thread...admit it, you've lubed up the Yeti shockcord with your Body Glide
    and no, not as much use as it deserves...thanks for point that out! (too warm here now anyway)

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast