Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    HG cuban fiber
    Insulation
    UGQ 20degree Zep
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinchbuckles

Hammock Gear Customer Service

Can someone please tell me if my experience is an anomaly or not? I have heard great things about Hammock Gears products. They were on the top of my short list as I was looking for an underquilt. I wrote to their email address from their contact us link on a Monday and by Thursday had not received so much as an acknowledgement that they even got my email. I then send a follow up email and again so response. I called their number and got voicemail and still no response. Now I know it is probably one of their busiest times of the year and I can understand my email would be at the bottom of their list since I did say I was just doing my research now for a springtime purchase, but I would at least expect someone to tell me that they have my email and will get back to me when they can.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of neglect from Hammock Gear or is it just me? I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that maybe something went wrong somewhere, but after two emails and a phone call I am having a bit of trouble keeping them on my short list. I would love to hear others thoughts on this matter. Thanks.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Might have gone to their spam folder or something like that. Adam and Jenny are great, and always come through. And yes, they are sure to be slammed with work this time of year.

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    HG cuban fiber
    Insulation
    UGQ 20degree Zep
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinchbuckles
    I thought it might have gone to spam although my email is a standard gmail email with just my name so it really should not have been flagged. However that was the reason for my phone call to them which also went into a black hole.

Hammock
    ENO SingleNest & DoubleNest
    Tarp
    CCS Tundra Tarp
    Insulation
    Exped pads
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    Images
    I did get a response to a pre- Black Friday e-mail, but later e-mails are unanswered.

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    HG cuban fiber
    Insulation
    UGQ 20degree Zep
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinchbuckles
    Thanks Tony. I would say I am glad I am not the only one, but I would never be glad someone had negative experiences with anything. At least I know that their customer service is not up to snuff and that it is not anything I did or did not do.

Images
    Please don't let that give you reason to doubt their service...I'm sure they are just slammed or possibly away for holidays. Top notch gear you will not be disappointed with them.

Hammock
    DH Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Keep emailing. I've had better luck calling and leaving messages. The quality of goods you receive is well worth the persistance.
    Expect the Best,
    Prepare for the Worst
    Attributed to some poor guy who ran into Murphy,
    Too many times

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    HG cuban fiber
    Insulation
    UGQ 20degree Zep
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinchbuckles
    Unfortunately that does give me major reason to doubt their service. How could it not? Being busy is not an excuse to not respond to an inquiry. I would have been absolutely fine with a canned response saying we have received your email and will respond when we can as we are very busy with holiday orders, or something to that affect.

As it turns out, Adam just emailed me a few minutes ago and explained that he got my second email, but he read it on his phone and his phone email program does not allow him to mark messages as unread so once he read it in the car it went to the bottom of the list and got lost. I simply can not accept that as a reason for not getting back to me. He is running a business. The systems he uses be it email or phone or whatever should allow him to run his business without missing opportunities. I understand that these things happen, and I do appreciate that he finally got in touch with me, but at this point I have no reason to go with HG over an number of other vendors who also make excellent products, but do not have issues with getting back in touch with a customer unless they post something negative on a public forum.

As for top notch gear and not being disappointed, it is too late. I already am disappointed. I have no doubt at all that the gear is great. As a matter of fact I actually told a friend of mine to buy a quilt from them a few months ago and he has been very happy with it. He did not have to contact them though. Customer service is very important to me. How can I trust that a company will stand behind their product and have the customer in mind when it is this hard to get in touch with them?

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    HG cuban fiber
    Insulation
    UGQ 20degree Zep
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinchbuckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixxr5 View Post
    Keep emailing. I've had better luck calling and leaving messages.
    This response just blows my mind. Keep emailing? No thanks. I am not going to beg them to take my money when there are so many other vendors who also do great work and take measures to make sure they can respond to customers in a timely manner. And I did call them. That call went unanswered as well.

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Wow, such low tolerances will really limit the possibilities for great gear. I am amazed at the grief our cottage vendors are given over small things. I have their gear, had great experience, did not set expectations so high. It is friggin Christmas for goodness sake. He is busy making stuff, not concerned so much about a "spring request". I can understand that. Call the Grinch, he might be helpful!!
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast