WBBB 1.7DL, GT SBpro
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix,Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    There are not many people in this life who have never been touched by someone diagnosed with cancer. The older we get the it seems it gets more so. The good thing in my life though, everybody that I know has made it through. Even though we have never met, I have read enough posts on HM that I feel like I know you. I'll take that as a good omen. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hammock
    DIY Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Jack's R Better
    Suspension
    Webbing & Whoopi
    Images
    Understandably, you have hit a rough spot along the trail. Take it one blaze at a time, while keeping the destination in sight. Your spirit may be down, but you are still in the fight! Stay strong my friend!
    "The last to let you down". Go Navy!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    I am very sorry to hear lost_biker. My thoughts are with you and I wish the best to you and your family! Stay strong and always remember that your health is first.
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    ENO Double
    Tarp
    ENO Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY Sleeping
    Suspension
    ENO Pro Straps
    I am new to these forums. I just bumbled into this thread; what you wrote here is very brave and courageous! I really believe that once people hear what happened, they will understand. In my short time in this forum, I already felt a lot of Love and understanding along with a boat load of knowledge. Hang in there brother, one moment at a time, one day at a time. Do what you need to for you, everything else will take of itself.

Hammock
    11ft Argon 1.6oz, single layer
    Tarp
    Camo SilArgon
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Oh, that is terrible news. You're in my prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    I'm happy that everyone has understood my position - THANK YOU ALL!

I've caught up on the mail and pm's and am working to get things done. Keeping busy is actually a good thing.

I've also promised myself to get out more and rekindle my love of cycle touring and hiking. I love to travel - even if it's just 5 miles. Seeing people and things on the road or trail is truly magical to me. Even after 3 cycling trips across the USA, I still love to see things at a slow pace. I have neighbors who have never been out of their state (Indiana) in their entire life - there's something wrong with that.

Time to rebuilt the old bicycle!

Have a Great New Year everyone!
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    Ask me tomorrow
    Tarp
    Old Blue
    Insulation
    DIY, HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Agnostic
    Images
    Like everyone here, I am SO sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I am keeping you in my thoughts and hope for the best possible outcome. May you recover fully and quickly and don't worry about taking time for you. You need to focus on you, right now. BIG HUG

If you are open to some candid sharing, I point to my friend Jay Lake, an award winning author who is documenting his own cancer journey, the ups and the downs, on his blog. http://www.jlake.com/blog/ Many people find his "raw" eloquence comforting and helpful and his own findings in dealing with the various support systems (insurance, studies, etc) may help.

I wish you the very best. You WILL beat this.

-cK

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    I would love to respond to all the posts individually, but it's grown too much - so I will say, Thanks, love and peace to each and everyone of you.

I felt shamed to get so many good wishes and prayers from so many others with cancer - I was down pretty low and now I'm riding high and feel great!

Thanks again and ............. well, you know. I don't have the words to adequately express myself anymore.

Everyone, please have a Happy and SAFE New Year. I don't feel alone and I hope no one else does either.
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    I didn't know what to say, how to respond to your struggle. You have lifted all of us with your courage. Each step you take to fight your cancer is the best response you could give to your friends and well-wishers here.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    I will keep you in my prayers.

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast