Tarp
    SupaFly
    Insulation
    Flight jacket Zepp
    Suspension
    diy whoopie& strap
    Images

Question BMBH UL Healp

So at the M.A.H.H.A I fell in love with the BMBH UL. I tested it out looked it over and really liked it. So for Christmas my wife got me one... well I have been in and out if it all day mostly in ... I have tried out every Uq I own (which isn't many) and I love the thing. but I don't know if i'm setting it up correct or not.
    When its set up as tight as I can get it, the no-seeum is almost on my face when inside. Looking at it from the top and side it seems to have a lot of excess material, same thing, no worse, when I set it with 9'3" between the otter rings as stated in the directions. While in the hammock flat on my back I can extend my arm out all the way with a balled fist before the no-seeum is tout
    so my question is ,well is this normal or am I not getting something right. Did maybe some how mine get made with extra no-seeum on the sides. I can't load pix for some reason I will as soon as I can thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS
    It's not the fall im scared of, it's the sudden stop at the end!!!

Only hang as high as your willing to fall- H.F. member

Hammock
    TW Green Hornet / BMBH / WBBB 1.1SL
    Tarp
    Sargasso/Cloudburs
    Insulation
    HudsonRvr/Leighlo
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Just looking at your pic in the other thread. Have you tried setting it at 9'3" without the ridge line ? I don't think it will hang properly with it.

Hammock
    BMBH UL
    Tarp
    SupaFly
    Insulation
    Flight jacket Zepp
    Suspension
    diy whoopie& strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Picaro View Post
    Just looking at your pic in the other thread. Have you tried setting it at 9'3" without the ridge line ? I don't think it will hang properly with it.
    Yes sir I did.

Hammock
    BMBH UL
    Tarp
    SupaFly
    Insulation
    Flight jacket Zepp
    Suspension
    diy whoopie& strap
    Images
    What length rideline should I use

Hammock
    TW Green Hornet / BMBH / WBBB 1.1SL
    Tarp
    Sargasso/Cloudburs
    Insulation
    HudsonRvr/Leighlo
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I have never used a RL on my BMBH, thats why I questioned it.

Images
    Have you tried the alternative set up method? With the net zipped closed and NO ridgeline, pull the hammock until the net is taught on top, then back off just a bit. This usually keeps the net well off my face.

Also, don't know what JRB says about this, but having a bit more than the recommended distance between the outer rings helps keep the net good and high.

But, are you comfortable at 9'3" or a bit more? Because if you are, it might be better to do a simple mod. Run a piece of shockcord from a gripclip or sewn on loop back up to the suspension somewhere near the outer ring or near the tree. Have a mitten hook or biner attached to the other end of the shock cord, and adjust with a taught line hitch or cordlock. Then just adjust the tension on the shock cord so that the net is high enough above your face to be good enough for you, regardless of how tight the hammocks suspension is strung. That way you won't have to pull your hammock tighter than it needs to be for your comfort.

Images
    I'm not sure your the only one. I think they added extra netting on th ul to avoid rips. I know on my regular version I have tons of room. The grip clip idea may be needed. Here's a thread I remembered....
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=57444
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=58694

Hammock
    BMBH UL
    Tarp
    SupaFly
    Insulation
    Flight jacket Zepp
    Suspension
    diy whoopie& strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Have you tried the alternative set up method? With the net zipped closed and NO ridgeline, pull the hammock until the net is taught on top, then back off just a bit. This usually keeps the net well off my face.

Also, don't know what JRB says about this, but having a bit more than the recommended distance between the outer rings helps keep the net good and high.

But, are you comfortable at 9'3" or a bit more? Because if you are, it might be better to do a simple mod. Run a piece of shockcord from a gripclip or sewn on loop back up to the suspension somewhere near the outer ring or near the tree. Have a mitten hook or biner attached to the other end of the shock cord, and adjust with a taught line hitch or cordlock. Then just adjust the tension on the shock cord so that the net is high enough above your face to be good enough for you, regardless of how tight the hammocks suspension is strung. That way you won't have to pull your hammock tighter than it needs to be for your comfort.
    yea the alternative of pulling tight then slacking off a bit was the first thing I did , it just seems that their is a LOT of extra no-seeum. the next thing I did was to go over tight, but their is so much extra netting that I can't over tighten before the hammock body won't stretch anymore i.e. the netting never really gets tight. that is actually why I added the ridge line to get it exactly 9'3" just to see what would happen, it just made it worse. it looked best overextended. I really like having a ridge line . I figured I would have to do some kind of mod to keep the netting as high as possible. if I pinch an 1/2" or so of the netting at the corners where the netting seam is it looks perfect. But that won't do anything to the side panels. I think getting it to extend upwards toward the ridge line will work the best,

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by visionarylion View Post
    yea the alternative of pulling tight then slacking off a bit was the first thing I did , it just seems that their is a LOT of extra no-seeum. the next thing I did was to go over tight, but their is so much extra netting that I can't over tighten before the hammock body won't stretch anymore i.e. the netting never really gets tight. that is actually why I added the ridge line to get it exactly 9'3" just to see what would happen, it just made it worse. it looked best overextended. I really like having a ridge line . I figured I would have to do some kind of mod to keep the netting as high as possible. if I pinch an 1/2" or so of the netting at the corners where the netting seam is it looks perfect. But that won't do anything to the side panels. I think getting it to extend upwards toward the ridge line will work the best,
    That is weird. On the UL I have always had more netting that wants to get in my face than with my old original model with it's removable net, which was always roomy above my face. But even on my UL, I have not had the excess netting you are describing. Maybe they have added more netting because they were getting too much net damage? Any way, a shock cord mod should be an easy answer. I'm actually thinking it should come with this from JRB. But if you are going to use a RL, that might also be a good place to attach the net to.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    This is what I did on my Grizz Bridge to keep my netting up…… it is a nonstructural ridge line. As long as needed to hold up the netting.
    Think this may work for you maybe.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast