Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    BWDD Winterdream
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Images
    I like it, and it can help with the issue that they have on WB where someone will bring back old posts just to restir the pot and everyone jumps on them thinking they are 'new'. It is also nice to be able to see if a multiple thread post is new and really popular, or an old one that may have lots of legacy wisdom that a new person has just found.
    Bad spellers of the world Untie!

Hammock
    Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    either way. Personally, on all the forums I hit, I logon, click the "new post" and read it if the topic is interesting OR if there is the little symbal for "you posted in here". A 3 year old post with new post? Fine, if the topic interest me. A 3 minute old post? Fine, if the......
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I'm with attroll on this. I didn't like it at first; just seemed like more 'stuff'. But, somehow the parenthesis make it better. Kudos!
    Trust nobody!

Images
    Thanks for taking the time sparrow. I like the latest rendition with the parentheses and the lighter color. That makes it a good balance I think and not as noticeable. Hopefully, it will stay. Thanks again for taking up the suggestion.
    It's interesting to see how some threads stick around....
    Scott

"Man is a stream whose source is hidden."
    RWE

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Gotta love our mods! Thanks, AS! The parenthesis made it a lot cleaner.

Hammock
    TeeDee Bridge Hammock
    Tarp
    Customized JRB
    Insulation
    Down or IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'm with others here - the parenthesis and lighter color make it even better.

Thanks AngrySparrow for adding even more value to the forums.

but,but what if I don't remember what date yesterday was
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    You're welcome everyone. I'm glad this was brought up, and that we could work it out.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    TeeDee Bridge Hammock
    Tarp
    Customized JRB
    Insulation
    Down or IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    AngrySparrow - I've got another "challenge" for you.

When I log on to the forums, I immediately hit "New Posts". The list comes up and you have solved one problem for us with the "start Date"..

Now the second "problem": I scan down the list an see several threads I'm interested in and some of those are threads with several pages. Say 5 or more pages.

Now I have a dilemma. I can click on the "Last Page" and then start paging back to find the page with the latest posts. About 40% to 50% of the time, the last page is the one with the latest posts. But that means that 50% to 60% of the time, I have to page back 1, 2 or maybe 3 pages depending on how active the thread has been.

My "challenge": Is there some way, or any way other than the above procedure, to label the pages of the thread with only the posts from yesterday and today? Then I could click on the first page with yesterday's posts. That would get me a lot closer to the starting point for the new reading with an active or very active thread. (amend this - I can click on "Todays Posts" to get todays, but that leaves those threads from yesterday. This happens when I get up early and login early and todays posts haven't started yet).

The start date helps a lot in this, since I can look at the start date and if the start date is more than a few days old, then the last page is probably going to contain the new posts more than 95% of the time.

Yeah - I know, the above procedure isn't all that cumbersome and I agree, but the computer is supposed to solve problems like this not create new ones. Right?

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Hmm. Is your request not already filled by the 'first unread post' button?

If there are any new posts in a thread (since you last visited it), the index will display a little arrow to the left of the thread title (). If you click that, it will take you to the first of all the posts that were made in that thread since you last visited it.

Additionally - You might prefer to increase the number of posts that are displayed on any given page? I do that very thing. In your UserCP, you can 'up' the number of posts per page to 40.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast