Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Webbing + rings
    Images

Underquilt Shell vendor?

Hey guys, I saw a while ago a vendor selling unfinished underquilts. I remember they explained on their site how to fill it with your own down. They marketed it as 90% finished, but I can't seem to find who sold those quilts, or if they still do.

I have a down pillow and am looking for an underquilt shell instead of making my own since this would be my first UQ project.

Thanks for the help!

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, JBD
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware

Hammock
    TW Green hornet 3 layer
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Webbing + rings
    Images
    Ah great thanks! I did visit their site but it probably had the old look, not the new layout and that's why I didn't recognize it. Lewis Shell is what I was looking for, thanks!

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by UpMySleeves View Post
    Ah great thanks! I did visit their site but it probably had the old look, not the new layout and that's why I didn't recognize it. Lewis Shell is what I was looking for, thanks!
    This is lost_bikers site and his work is top notch, i have the lewis, picked it up over the fall and finished it myself, turned out very nice, the craftmanship was awesome and Dave (the owner) was very helpful, he will walk you thru every step if you need it, really good guy, He is now offering finished quilts as well, i just got my wife and myself the barnsby top quilts and not only were they the best price i have ever seen for top quilts but they are AWESOME, they turned out really nice, he is a one man show so sometimes he gets alittle backed up but for me it was way worth the wait, going to a winter hang up north in january to put them to the real test but i am comfident that i will sleep plenty warm!
    Will do a full review on my quilts when we get home from the hang, ,, only wish i had the extra time (and money) to order the gortex sock that he has, it looks sweet and i want ome, maybe for next winter, good luck with your quilt project, you are gonna love the shell!

Hammock
    TW Green hornet 3 layer
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Webbing + rings
    Images
    Very glad to hear about your positive experience with the shell. I know Dave had some health issues recently and I am in no rush to order, I totally understand the delays. I emailed him about shipping to Canada, as it didn't give me a quote when I wanted to check-out. I'll wait for his response and continue to read on DIY Underquilts. The Pillows I have have enough down for 2 quilts, so I might try my own and buy the Lewis for a more professional quilt

Cheers

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by UpMySleeves View Post
    Very glad to hear about your positive experience with the shell. I know Dave had some health issues recently and I am in no rush to order, I totally understand the delays. I emailed him about shipping to Canada, as it didn't give me a quote when I wanted to check-out. I'll wait for his response and continue to read on DIY Underquilts. The Pillows I have have enough down for 2 quilts, so I might try my own and buy the Lewis for a more professional quilt

Cheers
    Good luck with that

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    Good luck with that
    Yeah, I gotcha! Email sent and answered. Thanks to all who answered and helped out UpMySleeves.

Thanks for the review of the TQ's and UQ's, Zilla! Speaking of Zilla - the Zilla tarp has made an impression on some folks - been getting custom orders for them. Keith wants to call his the BAT (Big***Tarp). I'll spray paint it on the sides for him.

Take care all!

DAve
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

• + New Posts