Tarp
    GG, monsoon,suprfl
    Insulation
    PLUQ, jarbidge, di
    Suspension
    Whoopie wb-strap
    Images

eBay fabrics

I have been looking on flea bay and was curious as to people's results withy the ripstop sold by some of the stores on there. I am currently watching a few auctions. Do you have any favorite sellers or eBay stores that carry quality product? I want try my hand at tarp making and also want to make a wbbb clone before the snow starts to melt.
    Dammfast

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images

Question

I havent really found any great deals on ebay, have you taken a look at diy gear supply? they have a very nice 1.8 acu camo that is really nice for hammocks, has a good soft feel to it and i think it is under 4 bucks a yard, they also have sylnylon seconds that alot of people are using for tarps, just my opinion, good luck!

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    I havent really found any great deals on ebay
    Do you mean, you have not seen any good offers -- or have you bought some fabric and it turned out to be a bad deal? With regards to the former, I cannot confirm this. I have been looking for a source of cheap ripstop myself, which is difficult since I'm in Europe and the cheapest and widest ripstop is sold in the US. There are several sellers on eBay.com which sell 1.1 and 1.9 ripstop nylon that is 60" or more for 3.50 USD or less! I wish there were comparable offers in Germany...

Yikes, the shipping seems high. The one ad I looked at was for 3.25 a yard, but shipping to GB was 11.00 for the first yard and 6.00 for each additional yard! 32.75 for 3 yards.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy or DIY
    Tarp
    DIY hex or winter
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks (IGD)
    Images
    I got some sil-nylon a few years back. It was not a great deal, but fabric was ok. I would check out diygearsupply.com (I have made 2 tarps with their sil-nylon seconds - the only flaw I found was a small blotch of extra silicone that fell on a scrap area). The other place to check out is ripstopbytheroll.com

Both of these vendors are regulars here at the hammock forums.
    "Mountains should be climbed with as little effort as possible and without desire. ... To live only for some future goal is shallow. It’s the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top. Here's where things grow." - Robert M. Pirsig

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PaCampingDad

Hammock
    Gt UL, 1.7 wbbb
    Tarp
    GG, monsoon,suprfl
    Insulation
    PLUQ, jarbidge, di
    Suspension
    Whoopie wb-strap
    Images
    I have looked at our cottage vendors as well as eBay I was curious if anyone had any experience with the eBay sellers. I have found some pretty good deals on eBay $4.30 a yard silnylon with free shipping, $3.25 1.9 ripstop in camo free shipping, $2.99 solid color 1.5 ripstop free shipping. I was wondering if going through eBay was worth it or not. I know many will gladly pay the price to keep their money local and with people they know, and I respect that. I am what they call frugal and a penny is a penny. I have a had time parting with my money even if it is just a couple bucks.
    Dammfast

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by dammfast View Post
    I have looked at our cottage vendors as well as eBay I was curious if anyone had any experience with the eBay sellers. I have found some pretty good deals on eBay $4.30 a yard silnylon with free shipping, $3.25 1.9 ripstop in camo free shipping, $2.99 solid color 1.5 ripstop free shipping. I was wondering if going through eBay was worth it or not. I know many will gladly pay the price to keep their money local and with people they know, and I respect that. I am what they call frugal and a penny is a penny. I have a had time parting with my money even if it is just a couple bucks.
    I can't seem to fiind the silny for $4.40/yd with free shipping...can you point me in the right direction?

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy or DIY
    Tarp
    DIY hex or winter
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks (IGD)
    Images
    I would be cautious. The silicone impregnation can really vary as well as fabric quality. If it was a IX quilt I would not hesitate, but when I am putting in a lot of time and effort into my DIY gear I wouldn't want to be caught in a downpour with a leaky tarp or have a down quilt that is constantly shedding down since the fabric wasn't downproof, or have a hammock rip due to poor quality fabric. Remember that not all fabric of the same weight is the same. The same weight can be achieved with a large number of thin filaments per inch or less of a thicker filament.
    But HYOH and let us know how it goes.
    "Mountains should be climbed with as little effort as possible and without desire. ... To live only for some future goal is shallow. It’s the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top. Here's where things grow." - Robert M. Pirsig

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PaCampingDad

Hammock
    90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    I have bought from rrt_trading_post and was pleased with the fabric. They also refunded me some shipping costs when I ended up winning two auctions back to back.
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    Gt UL, 1.7 wbbb
    Tarp
    GG, monsoon,suprfl
    Insulation
    PLUQ, jarbidge, di
    Suspension
    Whoopie wb-strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mescudi View Post
    I can't seem to fiind the silny for $4.40/yd with free shipping...can you point me in the right direction?

I am on my phone so no direct address but the seller is jenny.box. I realize that quality varies that is why I asked if anyone had any positive/negative experiences with eBay.
    Dammfast

― Mark Twain

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast