Eno double nest
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    UCRS

Random thought, possibly a good idea?

Im sitting here staring at my pile of gear, and an idea popped into my head.. Has anyone ever rolled there hammock up in their sleeping bag to save space in your pack? I can't be the first person to think of this, Pros cons?

Hammock
    GT Double/Single
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wallyworld CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by -FiveFiveSix- View Post
    Im sitting here staring at my pile of gear, and an idea popped into my head.. Has anyone ever rolled there hammock up in their sleeping bag to save space in your pack? I can't be the first person to think of this, Pros cons?
    Do you mean the opposite? I don't take my sleeping bag out until long after my hammock is hung... The hammock is hung, pad put in place, I lay down for a few minutes to 'test the lay,' fiddle with the whoopies for a second, lay down for a few more minutes... And finally, maybe get the sleeping bag out at this point. Why risk damaging it or getting it wet?

I've heard of stuffing a hammock fully loaded with quilts into a bag though. Perhaps a sleeping bag could be left in a hammock for storage... But in my case I'd still have to remove the pad so it seems like more hassle than it's worth.
    "We're the Sultans of Swing."

Formerly octothorpesarus mudsocks's Avatar
    Images
    If I have time before going on a trip I attach my UQ and put my TQ in my hammock then stuff the whole bundle in a loose sack. Similarly I do the same in the morning when packing up camp if I know I'm setting up again later that night. I suspect a lot of folks do this.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Someone sells a slug sack or something like that. I thought it was 2qzq but I just briefly checked their site and didnt see it. Maybe they just dont sell it anymore or maybe someone else does. Its more of what oldragfreeze was saying. Its like a big snake skin you slide over your entire hammock (hammock, tq and uq) and stuff all I one place.

Hammock
    diy, hk2001,bmbh
    Tarp
    diy hex or aysym
    Insulation
    diy's,jarbidge!!!!
    Suspension
    whoops, ucr, dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    Someone sells a slug sack or something like that. I thought it was 2qzq but I just briefly checked their site and didnt see it. Maybe they just dont sell it anymore or maybe someone else does. Its more of what oldragfreeze was saying. Its like a big snake skin you slide over your entire hammock (hammock, tq and uq) and stuff all I one place.
    Wilderness logics sells the lazy slug tube

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nuttysquirrel View Post
    Wilderness logics sells the lazy slug tube
    Thank you. I knew I saw it somewhere.

Hammock
    Eno double nest
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    UCRS
    Quote Originally Posted by OldRagFreeze View Post
    Do you mean the opposite? I don't take my sleeping bag out until long after my hammock is hung... The hammock is hung, pad put in place, I lay down for a few minutes to 'test the lay,' fiddle with the whoopies for a second, lay down for a few more minutes... And finally, maybe get the sleeping bag out at this point. Why risk damaging it or getting it wet?

I've heard of stuffing a hammock fully loaded with quilts into a bag though. Perhaps a sleeping bag could be left in a hammock for storage... But in my case I'd still have to remove the pad so it seems like more hassle than it's worth.
    Rolling it up with your sleeping bag, either inside or out. I guess your right on the outside would be better as you don't have to unpack your hole set up to get to the first step of your set up. I usually just stuff my sleeping bag in the sac any way it fits, perhaps I could just stuff the hammock on top?

Hammock
    WBBB & FreeBird
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    Incubator & FJ
    I have not put the hammock inside of the quilt/sleeping bag to pack it up. I have packed away the hammock with the UQ left on and the TQ left on. I am ok with leaving the UQ left on but did not care for my TQ to be left in the hammock during the setup. I find that it does not save any time for me in setting up everything already put together. I am still using the straps on my WBBB so I would not like to put them inside of my quilt after a night of rain.

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    MacCat delux Spinn
    Insulation
    CCF and Quilts
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Images
    Sometimes I use the hammock as the bag for my quilts. Depends on the trip. Works better in the summer when the quilt is much smaller.

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    +1 on the Lazy Slug Tube, it works great.
    "No whining in the woods"

• + New Posts