WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    20* Wooki; 20* UGQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles

Suggestion

This may have been suggested before but I think it would be really cool to be able to give a "thumbs up" to posts that we really like or appreciate. I thought about this in my "hanging with kids" thread where so many posted video or photos of hammocking with their kids.

It would also be cool if we could see those on the listing of threads. That way we could see threads we may want to check out because of the number of "thumbs up".

Just a thought.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MississipVol View Post
    This may have been suggested before but I think it would be really cool to be able to give a "thumbs up" to posts that we really like or appreciate. I thought about this in my "hanging with kids" thread where so many posted video or photos of hammocking with their kids.

It would also be cool if we could see those on the listing of threads. That way we could see threads we may want to check out because of the number of "thumbs up".

Just a thought.
    Yes, it has been suggested before, and I hope it is shot down by the mods as quickly as it was before. This is not Facebook, and a like button is not needed. It turns into a popularity contest.

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Yes, it has been suggested before, and I hope it is shot down by the mods as quickly as it was before. This is not Facebook, and a like button is not needed. It turns into a popularity contest.
    If only I had a way to "Like" this post.
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

Images
    I have found on other forums here in Australia where there is a 'Thanks' button it works really well, and I have not found any competitiveness at all with it's use. It's like listening to someone talk and just nodding your head in approval without needing to say anything.

Formerly octothorpesarus mudsocks's Avatar
    Images
    You'll notice there is a Rating menu in the upper right hand corner of each thread. I've just rated this thread as average. You can see the thread rating to the right of each thread in the thread listing.

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    12' Winter Shelter
    Insulation
    Quilts
    I think it would actually help reduce the length of some threads. It can be hard to pick out the informational posts when there are multiple pages of "like" and "thanks for posting" type posts. People like to acknowledge helpful and fun threads and this would give the same effect without the clutter.
    We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin
    (known as a win-win on this forum)

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamosa View Post
    I think it would actually help reduce the length of some threads. It can be hard to pick out the informational posts when there are multiple pages of "like" and "thanks for posting" type posts. People like to acknowledge helpful and fun threads and this would give the same effect without the clutter.
    If I could, I'd give this post a thumbs up.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    20* Wooki; 20* UGQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamosa View Post
    That is what I am thinking and the lack of a "thumbs down" would not make it a popularity anything at all.

I know you can rate a thread but that is just the overall thread and not individual posts and the thread rating system in place now IS more of a "popularity" contest with "some" users rating it low just because they do not agree with that particular suggestion.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh View Post
    If I could, I'd give this post a thumbs up.
    Until then, I shall do it the only way possible.. By adding unneeded clutter just to show my appreciation

I agree with silvrsurfr, it's not facebook. However, we're not quite like the mindless masses of the interwebs.. When WE like something, we show our appreciation by showing our thanks, or posting "that's cool" or whatever. All of us have run into the "10 character minimum" at least once by simply trying to say "thank you" or something similar.

So I also agree with the OP and Alamosa, a system like this could help not only show appreciation to the poster of the newest coolest DIY method, but cut back on clutter so 15 pages of thanks can be reduced to a counter, and anything left is truly informative or inquisitive.

Popularity contests were around long before the "like" button came to be. We don't turn it into a competition now, theres no reason a simple button will turn us all into ravenous 14 year olds hellbent on playing "who has more friends"

Now.. Like this, or I unfriend you!

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by octothorpesarus View Post
    You'll notice there is a Rating menu in the upper right hand corner of each thread. I've just rated this thread as average. You can see the thread rating to the right of each thread in the thread listing.
    Thank you, it works and is all we need!!..but if it make someone happy then ok here you go... one thumb or two ?

The rating systym that we allready have works just fine for me!
    Last edited by Zilla; 12-31-2013 at 18:24.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast