Tarp
    HG WP3, WBSF, HHex
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies, buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tncamper View Post
    Noooooooo! I didn't bring coffee. We were lookin for ya last night.

To everyone worried about the road, its in great shape. And the water is a little low, but flammable. The shuttle wad picking folks up yesterday.
    ...let's hope the Buffalo River is not flammable! LOL - gotta love auto correct. Hope everyone attending is bringing rain gear - forecast looks wet. The river should be a great float on Monday.

Hammock
    BIAS camper, WW DL
    Insulation
    Diy syn. UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Lol should have said "floatable". Had we have had Big Bacon's beans a day earlier, it might have been flammable.
    It'll be alright Friday!

Check us out at www.buttinasling.com

[email protected]

Hammock
    my 11' ers
    Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    I had a great time with all,,, everything went well until after our potluck last night the ranger came by and said a Winter storm was coming in and was going to dump 6" of snow by today... and this morning be in 20'sF... I've never seen the camp empty so quick... I did have a great time and will post pic's and video

Hammock
    night owl
    Tarp
    diy big blue tarp
    Insulation
    diy JCP jacket uq,
    Suspension
    woooooopieee
    Images
    I had such a great time! After smokehouse ran us all out early I had to drive home in the dark in a rain storm with one dim head light and no windshield wipers. 25 miles an hour all the way to tulsa . We had a great time hanging with everyone especially the tx and LA boys! Except granger who said he didn't want to hang with me and little bacon any more :-(. Did miss the coffee! Great trip great people

Hammock
    HH Asym - looking to tweak
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Synthetic
    Suspension
    Evolving
    Dang I miss all the fun! I will seek out this notice next year - I have a place close to Carver and Sam's Throne - most my hike friends aren't hanging - YET. Love backpacking in the Boston Mnts and Buffalo River.

Hammock
    the one i have friend made it
    Tarp
    one that keeps dry
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    straps
    I had a ton of fun u guys, great hang. looking forward to the future hangs with you crazies

Hammock
    Explorer Ultralite Classic
    Tarp
    HH stock
    Insulation
    HH SuperShelter
    Suspension
    HH stock
    Hello again for the first time!
    I'm the nut that decided to take my first overnighter backpack hike, my first overnighter in a hammock period, first time on that trail from Steel Creek to Kyle's landing, first time using most of that gear in the woods, and most importantly the first time meeting you fine people.

In the short time that I was there Saturday I still managed to learn a lot and everyone was amazingly nice and super cool. I have to give a special thanks to Ted, Smokehouse, and their wives for making sure that I caught a safe ride back to my car (just in the nick of time). If it wasn't for you guys I may have been up a creek without a paddle ;-)

Thankz to all the folks that put in work cooking up all the great grub we ate. And thankz again for putting on this event. I hope to be back next year and actually do some real hanging with you all.

Quick pick of my campsite Friday night:

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bacon View Post
    I had such a great time! After smokehouse ran us all out early I had to drive home in the dark in a rain storm with one dim head light and no windshield wipers. 25 miles an hour all the way to tulsa . We had a great time hanging with everyone especially the tx and LA boys! Except granger who said he didn't want to hang with me and little bacon any more :-(. Did miss the coffee! Great trip great people
    We got to the top of the hill and The Weather Channel said no snow until 3pm the next day. That just sucked that we had to skin out so early. It took us 2 hours to go the 60 miles it takes to get out thmountainsns. It was great seeing you and 3x5 again. Tell him I will have fatwood next time I see him.

Quote Originally Posted by LSt View Post
    I had a ton of fun u guys, great hang. looking forward to the future hangs with you crazies
    Hey post #2, so you're not just curls and a six pack. Man you're a hiking fool. Oh to be 22 again and pain free. It was great hiking with you dude.

And to everyone else who I am sure will be posting, it was a great hang. I got to do some awesome hiking with some guys who I kinda like. I will share my maps with you boys anytime. I got to finally mlegendaryegondary Coon , dang near get sprayed by an unexpected skunk, get my feet wet in a beautiful river, see some great trail, and eat some good food. This trip was so worth the 8 hour drive there and the 10 hour drive back.

PS. I think now some men know when I say "I ain't gonna sugar coat it, this is gonna suck" I mean it. Love you guys.
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

Hammock
    Doublenest/RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Tewa UQ, Bag as TQ
    Suspension
    Web+Whoopie Sling
    So bummed Sam and I didn't make it. We were afraid of changing weather, so we extended the backpacking portion of our trip in the Ouachita's (Caney Creek) and skipped out on the group hang to get home before the worst of the storms. We didn't want to add 12 hours of driving to our week if the weather wasn't likely to cooperate. I pretty glad we did turn around, but still sorry we missed out on visiting the Buffalo River.

And then I had to cook up all of the fresh sausages I had made for the potluck on Saturday when I got home. Some problems are worse than others! ).

Looking forward to trying again next time.

Hammock
    Geaux hammock
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear tq/uq
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    We had a great time. Good to see you guys again. as always good food was to be had. I even brought home a little bit of big Bacons beans, good to have some freezer bags on hand. The mountains and falls were just Beautiful. The boys had a great time even though we packed up in the rain Sunday morning. it was not that bad getting out and did not feel all too cold. Some other campers out there were pulling out in the middle of the night, I woke up about 4:00 a.m. and five tents that were next to us just the evening before had packed up and gone. Thanks to all that came out, me and the boys had a good time. looking forward to next year. Yes the drive is worth it. My son is already wanting to go back because there was just so much he wanted to see and do.

• + New Posts
  • Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast