WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    ===> Congrats Dude! Glad to see the RR made for you! Did you need the synth sleeping bag deployed?

Hope to see you at the NEHHA Winter Hang! If not, we will be organizing another hang shortly thereafter in the middle of Mass!

~ SkyPainter
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

Hammock
    DIY 11 footers
    Tarp
    Chinook
    Insulation
    AHE and GoLite
    Suspension
    Webbing cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HanginTuff View Post
    Thanks

I'm using

WB RR with Superfly
    HG 0* incubator with 4oz over stuff and 2QZQ UQ protector.
    HG 0* burrow TQ with a REI synthetic 0* bag as a supplement if needed.
    Nice to see that you pulled that off without layering extra UQ or TQ. Excellent work!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyPainter View Post
    ===> Congrats Dude! Glad to see the RR made for you! Did you need the synth sleeping bag deployed?
    I did use the synth bag zipped halfway on top of the burrow. Was it needed? It's tough to say. I have totally bought into the "quilt" instead of "bag" concept. But in the deep cold there is something comforting about being nestled in a bag. I'm jealous of the cocoon effect a beefy UQ gives you gathered end guys. I feel a little more exposed in the RR, even if its just in my mind. But the level of comfort is just to good to make me look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyPainter View Post
    Hope to see you at the NEHHA Winter Hang! If not, we will be organizing another hang shortly thereafter in the middle of Mass!
    ~ SkyPainter
    Oh, I'll be there, hoping for a Thursday night arrival as usual. Is Francois coming? I'm gonna bring some canned goods to toss in the back of the "truck of holding", does he have any preferences or allergies?

where are you guys thinking for the next one?
    ...Tell me no lies, make me a happy man ...

Quote Originally Posted by priller View Post
    Nice to see that you pulled that off without layering extra UQ or TQ. Excellent work!
    Thanks! but I had plenty of clothing layers, I probably could have dialed it back a little.

on top: Lightweight UA t-shirt, lightweight UA long sleeve T, mid-weight smartwool base layer, montbel UL down jacket, marmot dri-clime windshirt, lighweight Starter fleece from wally world and a duck down jacket from wally world.

on bottom: UA boxer briefs, mid-weight smartwool base layer and cheapo sweat pant type PJ bottoms.

on hands: smartwool liner gloves.
    on feet: one pair smartwool mid weight hiking socks
    on head: cheap fleece neck gaiter, lightweight smartwool balaclava, and a cheap poly blend winter hat.

I was plenty comfy never had to consider the "should I just get up cause I'm cold and it's morning" thought. I just kept on sleeping in, nice and toasty.

I am amazed at people getting to or near zero and "sweating" with little more than base layers on. I would not have considered myself a cold
    sleeper, but I guess I am.
    ...Tell me no lies, make me a happy man ...

Hammock
    DIY 11 footers
    Tarp
    Chinook
    Insulation
    AHE and GoLite
    Suspension
    Webbing cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HanginTuff View Post
    Thanks! but I had plenty of clothing layers, I probably could have dialed it back a little.

on top: Lightweight UA t-shirt, lightweight UA long sleeve T, mid-weight smartwool base layer, montbel UL down jacket, marmot dri-clime windshirt, lighweight Starter fleece from wally world and a duck down jacket from wally world.

on bottom: UA boxer briefs, mid-weight smartwool base layer and cheapo sweat pant type PJ bottoms.

on hands: smartwool liner gloves.
    on feet: one pair smartwool mid weight hiking socks
    on head: cheap fleece neck gaiter, lightweight smartwool balaclava, and a cheap poly blend winter hat.

I was plenty comfy never had to consider the "should I just get up cause I'm cold and it's morning" thought. I just kept on sleeping in, nice and toasty.

I am amazed at people getting to or near zero and "sweating" with little more than base layers on. I would not have considered myself a cold
    sleeper, but I guess I am.
    Gotcha, that's a lot of layers on top, you probably would've been ok without the last two wally world garments....might also help to not compress the down in that nice Montbell down piece.

Dang, I went to Target this morning and they have a nice fleece layer that has ripstop panels on the outside...50% off so 20 bucks...shoulda picked it up. Looked and felt like maybe 200w fleece...light too.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12