WBBB, ENO Double
    Tarp
    Superfly & SWT
    Insulation
    Snugfit/Prolite+
    Suspension
    WBStraps & Buckles

Rewhipping ENO?

I would like to add rings and straps, like the BB, to my ENO Double, wondering, how hard, and what do you have to do to unlash the current ENO set-up. I would rather not cut the line, so I can reuse..... Thanks!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    It's a really simple knot; it can be kind of tough to get loose, but not very. If you want to switch-out to a smaller diameter line that's fine, but you could use the existing line and just attach the rings to that with a simple prussick knot. The ENO 'whipping' is just a cinched bunch using a drawcord channel. Very, very simple mod. I doubt it will take you 15 minutes from beginning to end.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    my 11' ers
    Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    When I bought the WB blackbird I bought a 2nd suspension system from WBGuy. I attached the small rope that the Tri-Rings are on and wrapped it around the ENO rope… worked great…

Hammock
    Arrowhead 11 ft
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Toxaway
    Insulation
    Arrowhead,Peapod,
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    I changed my ENO to rings the way Cannible suggested, prussick knot onto original cord and I am very happy with it. I use strapping when car camping and cord with guarda knot when backpacking

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Another alternative is to leave the ropes as they are but attach the ring buckles to the hammock with a larkshead knot right behind the drawn-up channel. That makes for a very secure attachment but would leave the original suspension untouched in case you ever wanted to use it again, which is not likely in my estimation, but still....
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    WBBB, ENO Double
    Tarp
    Superfly & SWT
    Insulation
    Snugfit/Prolite+
    Suspension
    WBStraps & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    Another alternative is to leave the ropes as they are but attach the ring buckles to the hammock with a larkshead knot right behind the drawn-up channel. That makes for a very secure attachment but would leave the original suspension untouched in case you ever wanted to use it again, which is not likely in my estimation, but still....
    I like this plan. Would 7/64 Amsteel Blue be strong enough line for this purpose? Larks head to tri-ring buckles, then to original ENO line?

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldawg View Post
    I like this plan. Would 7/64 Amsteel Blue be strong enough line for this purpose? Larks head to tri-ring buckles, then to original ENO line?

That is what I used when I redid the suspension on my ENO. I am 6'1" and 190lbs. I love amsteel 7/64 cordage.

SC

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    I have the rings prussiced to the amsteel 7/64 and the that is lark's headed to the hammock fabric itself right behind the channel. Nothing would be attached to the original ropes. However... on my HH suspension I have the riing buckles prussiced to the 7/64 and then the 7/64 is prussiced to the original HH ropes. So either set up will work.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    BB 1.7 Dbl, ENO SN, Switchback
    Tarp
    SWT, Diamond Fly
    Insulation
    Infl. Pad, Fleece
    Suspension
    Ring Bckl, Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeHouse View Post
    When I bought the WB blackbird I bought a 2nd suspension system from WBGuy. I attached the small rope that the Tri-Rings are on and wrapped it around the ENO rope… worked great…
    I bought the second suspension set, as well. I went ahead and cut the original line on my ENO, then just ran the line with the buckles through the channel and secured with a larkshead. Keeps the line much shorter, which was a plus for me. The simple larkshead seems to be working well, without putting undue stress on the fabric (as this line has a much smaller diameter than the original). It has held my bulk off the ground, so far.
    "I used to be sane, but now I'm better."

Hammock
    WBBB, ENO Double
    Tarp
    Superfly & SWT
    Insulation
    Snugfit/Prolite+
    Suspension
    WBStraps & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    It's a really simple knot; it can be kind of tough to get loose, but not very. If you want to switch-out to a smaller diameter line that's fine, but you could use the existing line and just attach the rings to that with a simple prussick knot. The ENO 'whipping' is just a cinched bunch using a drawcord channel. Very, very simple mod. I doubt it will take you 15 minutes from beginning to end.
    Any place I can find a "how to tie" for the prussick knot?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast