Grand Trunk Nano 7
    Tarp
    Exped Poncho/Tarp
    Insulation
    WallcreepBivanorak
    Suspension
    Eno SlapStrap Pro
    Hey Dirtwheels,
    yes, we use the Nano 7. I am 5'10" 170lbs. We are trying to find the lightest weight, compact, waterproof, breathable, lowest temp, 4-season, quick set-up/ take-down. I really like the idea of a WPB hammock sock, but they are roomy and bulky. So, we went with the eVent WPB fabric of the ID South Col II Bivy. That bivy works great with the armholes in conjunction with the Exped Wallcreeper. I love being able to stick my arms out and access items without unzipping yourself out. Again, it's all about compact and lightweight using a smart use of different layered fabrics/insulation to achieve the lowered temps. This is really accomplished by making/adding the "sleeves" for the ends of the bivys. You have to have a completely enclosed cocoon to hold in your heat in low temps. So, I sewed up some sleeves using grey 3-Layer WPB eVent fabric and Marpat 3-Layer WPB Military Gore-Tex (Rockywoods.com). Then I cut the ends of the ID South Col II eVent Bivys and sewed on the sleeves with drawstring ends for around the ENO Atlas tree straps. Did the same thing with the SOL Escape Thermal Bivvy... I used some Tyvek material and made the sleeves. Then I cut the ends of the SOL Escape Bivvy and sewed on the sleeves with drawstring ends. You can see from the pics in my post how I layered the system. Anyways, the thermal bag is really nice as it wraps around you and works best against the body. But, I didn't want to just lay on the aluminum/reflective material in the hammock and wanted it to cocoon around me for maximum potential.

Hammock
    Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    2Trees, thanks for the reply. The bivy seems to have interesting possibilities. Gotta do some research on this end. Look forward to more reports. How comfortable do you find the Nano 7?

Quote Originally Posted by 2Trees View Post
    Hey Dirtwheels,
    yes, we use the Nano 7. I am 5'10" 170lbs. We are trying to find the lightest weight, compact, waterproof, breathable, lowest temp, 4-season, quick set-up/ take-down. I really like the idea of a WPB hammock sock, but they are roomy and bulky. So, we went with the eVent WPB fabric of the ID South Col II Bivy. That bivy works great with the armholes in conjunction with the Exped Wallcreeper. I love being able to stick my arms out and access items without unzipping yourself out. Again, it's all about compact and lightweight using a smart use of different layered fabrics/insulation to achieve the lowered temps. This is really accomplished by making/adding the "sleeves" for the ends of the bivys. You have to have a completely enclosed cocoon to hold in your heat in low temps. So, I sewed up some sleeves using grey 3-Layer WPB eVent fabric and Marpat 3-Layer WPB Military Gore-Tex (Rockywoods.com). Then I cut the ends of the ID South Col II eVent Bivys and sewed on the sleeves with drawstring ends for around the ENO Atlas tree straps. Did the same thing with the SOL Escape Thermal Bivvy... I used some Tyvek material and made the sleeves. Then I cut the ends of the SOL Escape Bivvy and sewed on the sleeves with drawstring ends. You can see from the pics in my post how I layered the system. Anyways, the thermal bag is really nice as it wraps around you and works best against the body. But, I didn't want to just lay on the aluminum/reflective material in the hammock and wanted it to cocoon around me for maximum potential.
    Give me more darkness said the blind man,
    Give me more folly said the fool,
    Give me stone silence said the deaf man,
    I didn't believe Sunday School.
    Phil Keaggy

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Nano 7
    Tarp
    Exped Poncho/Tarp
    Insulation
    WallcreepBivanorak
    Suspension
    Eno SlapStrap Pro
    I really like the Nano 7. It is super lightweight and small. It fits me wonderful and I can get a pretty flat lay in the hammock, if I pull it somewhat taught. It is not as roomy as most hammocks. But, doesn't seem to matter as it feels like all I need to lay in.

Yes, the modified breathable emergency bag really does offer reflective heat if used against the body. I definitely believe if you use this on the inside of the sleeping bag, it does help hold and reflect your heat back (makes the most of your body heat).

Slept outside again last night. Temp got down to 19* F. Same clothes and hammock set-up as in my posting. Again, super warm and hot. (Like a hot burrito in aluminum foil!!!) Had to remove the GAP sweater and use as a pillow and also stuff into the head end. Stuffed the balaclava and mitts into the foot end to further prevent any cold. So, I just had on my wool long john bottoms, wool socks, and light weight wicking shirt. Of course when I got out this morning, I quickly rushed to put the sweater, balaclava, and mitts back on to make the quick journey back into the house. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12