Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hammock
    none
    Tarp
    none
    I grab my pack by the bottom with the top flap loose then fling wildly until it's empty. Then I hang it from a tree.

At least that's what it feels like when I'm in camp because I can never seem to find anything, despite the fact that I have packed, unpacked and repacked everything in there a dozen times or so before even leaving the house for the woods.

Shoes live under the hammock. Sandals are attached to the tool/gear loops on the pack. My pack has 2 rain fly built into the bottom, so if the weather looks rough, I deploy it while it's hanging from a branch.

If I have no need to be stealthy, I just lean my bike up against a tree. If I expect rain I might pull one of the dry bags off it to give me a place to put things under my tarp and off the ground.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl & TTTR Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    I carry a "washed" piece of Tyvek (6x8). Generally shoes and pack go on that under the hammock. Depending on animal activity and type, I will sometimes hang boots on suspension line if needed and hang pack on a tree w/pack cover.
    Tyvek comes in handy for a ground cloth if needed in an emergency - i.e. -having to go to ground under my tarp.
    Rockdawg69

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Senior Member Carolinahammockhanger's Avatar
    Hammock
    ENO Singlenest w/ bugnet
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Ridgerest
    Images
    I have an ENO singlenest and a Golite pinnacle pack. This is a frameless pack. I hang my cooking stuff and anything else that smells up in a tree. I put my pack in the "foot" end of my hammock and attach the lifting strap to the carabiner between my hammock and hanging straps. I then extend the waist belt and go around the bottom of my hammock. I can even do all this with the bug net being used. Works great for me, has never fell or even moved.