Hammock
    Snep Hammock, about 12 DIY's, etc.
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    Thanks again. I have to admit that around $300 for a pair shipped is much better than $600+ for the Incubators but frankly it's sounding more and more like it's not worth the $300. I can always sew on some velcro on an Incubator like the Z-liners as my hammock is already equipped with it.

Hammock
    Depends on mood
    Tarp
    Depends on hammock
    Insulation
    UQ, TQ, Pads
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Have also a look at the AH holiday sales at the New River UQ, which I like much....

Hammock
    TX-270, TTTM
    Tarp
    CCS, Vertex
    Insulation
    HG, LocoLibre
    Suspension
    HammockFan &Straps
    Flex-180, not the Vertex - but maybe some info will be helpful...

I purchased a Z-liner for my Flex-180. I purchased it on the premiss of two main understandings. Price and it was not down.
    The price I equated to a good thing - but in that thought I was not expecting to receive the same quality/characteristics of a down UQ. Don't get me wrong, the quality was excellent. I liked the fact that I could just velcro it to the bottom and be done with it. It is designed to provide warmth specific to the intended areas of the Flex-180 (for single person). I did not purchase it with the intent of it to provide protection from the winter cold, but to extend the seasons. I knew it would not compress as small as down - but I was disappointed in how large it was, when stuffed. Stuffing it in a compression sack greatly reduces the size so that is helpful - but do not expect it to compress as much as down. Also, I have struggled with comfort of this hammock in single person use. It serves the purpose excellently as a 2-person hammock when the second person is small (child) - albeit the 'bed' feels smaller than a full size hammock (in single person use, the user can lay diagonally - not so much when used with two occupants). That said, I am not planning on the Flex-180, currently, being my go-to hammock (maybe I will be able to dial in the comfort, eventually). So that also factored in selecting the cheaper option for an UQ.

In summary, the quality is great, the velcro lined up as expected, it is not as small or lightwight as you can get - but that should be expected against the material used and price point. I think it serves its purpose - but would not be my choice if the hammock was going to be my go-to hammock and used often, for backpacking: size and weight do not make this a backpacking set-up in my opinion. I have not tested it enough to know if this is correct - but I do not believe it provides the same heat loss protection as my 20deg UQ from HG.

Hoping for a sale after the holidays

Hammock
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    Thanks V. I realized it was not the Vertex but they mount/hang the same way (the Vertex just takes 2 of them). I'm thinking that from what little feedback I have gotten both from here and the mix-match of messages that aren't quite consistent from Clarke themselves I'm going to skip the Z-liner and go for almost anything else.

Hammock
    NX-150 TX-150
    Tarp
    Vertex-Camo
    Insulation
    Z-Liner & DIY Pads
    Suspension
    Clark
    I haven't been around for a long while but . . .

. . . I purchased the Z-liners with the nx150
    great idea . . . I don't have stats on temps, but for what they are, they get you through a range till you need more.
    Then I have pads I made out ov quilt batting and nylon skin that can take me to -20c or more, with the zliners.
    I recommend zliners for moderate spring and fall temps or just a cold summer night when it is raining or what have you.
    Bradley SaintJohn
    Flat Bottom Canoe
    Start A Biz

The Transition from Ground Sleeping to Hammocks
    is the Conversion from Agony To Ecstasy,
    and Curing Ground-In-somnia.

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show you great and mighty things . . ." Jeremiah 33:3
    ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    Clark Vertex, NX270, ENO DN
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    Zliners, JRB, AHE
    Suspension
    DutchWare, ENO
    Quote Originally Posted by barchetta View Post
    Anyone out there have the Z-liners for the Vertex model? What are your thoughts? Pro/cons?

Thanks!!!
    Using the Z-Liners, my wife and I just (03/28/15) spent the night in our Vertex hammock. The low temp was only 40 degrees, but we were both toasty on our back sides. On top, we each just had a sheet, light fleece, and starting around 2am when we began to get cold, we each added a poncho liner. Again, warm on the bottom with the Z-Liners, just needed more on top. I'm hoping to get down to freezing, with the same UQs, and think that's easily doable. They are bulky. I'm hoping to do some camping/back-packing in October in Northwest Georgia (Cloudland Canyon SP) but haven't decided if it will be in our tent or the Vertex. The bulk of the Z-Liners may make me go tent. Has anyone got any down UQs that fits the Vertex well and that they'd recommend?

Hammock
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    That's kind of where I am on the Z-liners, they are heavy and bulky compared to other options but the pics I see of other UQ's hanging wouldn't seem to work as a lot of the straps are higher, especially the adjustments. That means the ones on the inside (between two hammocks) are blocked by the parcel shelf. Is yours the newer generation that has the full-length velcro?

Another issue: Either they changed it (possible) or I misread it (equally possible and more likely) but the price per pair seems to have climbed a good bit. SHipped it used to ring in at $300, now it's $328+ shipping. Hmm..

There is also a new box for a discount code. Anyone know one that would work?

Hammock
    Clark Vertex, NX270, ENO DN
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    Zliners, JRB, AHE
    Suspension
    DutchWare, ENO
    Our Vertex has four Velcro strips that run the full length of the hammock, end-to-end. The Z-liners attach very securely and really do work well, although I know they most likely won't keep us warm if it was REALLY cold. I think Clark says they'll go down to 0 degrees. Anyone using them at that temp?

On the cost, I got ours at the same time I purchased the hammock and was given a discount (I think it was $40) so I think I paid $260 for them.

I'm thinking that a full length under quilt that used shock cord along the top edges of the quilt might work, since each of the the Vertex beds have their on suspension, are separated by the gear shelf, and have a distinct "break" from the shelf. Seems like the shock cord, pulled snugly, would pull the UQ into position. No way to know without trying it, huh?

Hammock
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    I pulled the trigger and ordered them today. Talked with Spencer at Jungle Hammocks and he was a trip to talk to and seemed to enjoy answering some of the questions and concerns I had. They do have a nice 100% satisfaction guarantee but hopefully I won't need it.

I'm going to try to set up and do a proper photo-review on them since that's something that has been sorely lacking on the Vertex overall and the Z-liners in particular.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12