Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    UQ- Winter Lynx FL
    Suspension
    Straps & Dutchware

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Dart View Post
    Welcome! It's a pretty cool place to hang out. Lots to learn here! Don't hesitate to ask questions.
    I look forward to getting out there for the first time as a hanger, rather than a ground dweller. I have been backpacking with Sky Kid for sometime, and he is a hanger, so I thought it looked great for rainy weather. Would you all agree? I always hated putting my tent in my pack after rain and at the next destination the moister has soaked through.

Hammock
    11' DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Sil
    Insulation
    Cat's Meow & IX UQ
    Suspension
    12'Poly Tree Strap
    I've hanged and hiked through some good rains and I've always hung dry! Don't forget about the drip line on your suspension or some sort of water break. Otherwise you might get damp.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    welcome to the madness
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Storytellertn View Post
    New to this forum, but other hanger friends have said great things. I'm new to hammocks.
    Some of us Nashvillians were hanging this weekend on the Piney River Segment of the Cumberland Trail, near Spring City. If you like, you can come out and hang with us some time. Neo organizes his hangs on here. I organize most of mine through the Nashville Backpacker Meetup.com group, of which I inherited the organizership duties. We'd love to see ya!

Here are some pics from the weekend. The first is Sunday morning showing four of my fellow hikers' hammocks. Then one of my hammock after I had packed away my Old Man Winter tarp, a Christmas gift. Finally, a shot of the Piney River about 10 yards or less from our hammocks. It sang lullabies to us throughout the night.

I think we had 5 hammocks and 5 tents on this trip.

Rain Man

Attached Images Attached Images
    "You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    UQ- Winter Lynx FL
    Suspension
    Straps & Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    Some of us Nashvillians were hanging this weekend on the Piney River Segment of the Cumberland Trail, near Spring City. If you like, you can come out and hang with us some time. Neo organizes his hangs on here. I organize most of mine through the Nashville Backpacker Meetup.com group, of which I inherited the organizership duties. We'd love to see ya!

Here are some pics from the weekend. The first is Sunday morning showing four of my fellow hikers' hammocks. Then one of my hammock after I had packed away my Old Man Winter tarp, a Christmas gift. Finally, a shot of the Piney River about 10 yards or less from our hammocks. It sang lullabies to us throughout the night.

I think we had 5 hammocks and 5 tents on this trip.

Rain Man

Thanks Rain Man,
    We previously met on the Sawtooth trail in the Big South Fork. You had a young lady who had fallen behind on your way to the lodge. I was one of the individuals that help get her there. Hope to get more active with your group. Thanks again.
    StoryTellerTN

Life is always better when your "hanging" out with friends.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12