Tarp
    Cat Tarp Standard
    Insulation
    JRB MTW4 & MTW3
    Suspension
    ropes with huggers
    Images

NA vs. NX250

OK, so is there any advantage of the NX250 over the NA?

I am more inclined to go for the NA because it is lighter weight, and less money. I always prefer lighter weight.

I love all the features of the NA too. I have had my eye on it forever, but just never wanted to spend the cash.

I'm not certain I like the pockets on the bottom so am considering going with the Tropical. Not sure I would ever use the pockets. The rumor is that they keep you warm, but not sure I have any faith in them vs. a UQ.

I noticed the breathable weather shield for the Tropical is optional, what does this mean? Does it still come with the order?

Also, are both of these hammocks made from the same material?

It looks to me like the only difference is 2 pockets on the bottom.

Thanks.
    Scott Macri
    www.IronFlyOptions.com

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I too was undecided. But f you are going to order the Weather Shield anyway, you are adding the extra weight. I would recommend going with the NA. From everything I read the pockets may help with warmth. I have not had a chance to really try mine out yet, but I have compared the two side by side. The Pockets on the Tropical model are not really in the center like they are on the NA. Also, the NA is a 4 Season Tent/Hammock, you will have what you need if you find yourself needing it. Just my opinions.

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Clark XL
    Images
    As I've ordered the BB and as I'm a student who can't keep more than one hammock at a time I'm thinking about selling my NA together with the Monster Rope ties. I'm off next weekend to compare them both and then I can give you a definitive answer. Send me a pm if you're interested.

Edit:
    The NA has:
    -XL fly
    -Tree straps
    -Drip Rings
    -Monster Rope Ties
    Last edited by Chris.Biomed; 05-14-2009 at 06:59.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by hacktorious View Post
    I'm not certain I like the pockets on the bottom so am considering going with the Tropical. Not sure I would ever use the pockets. The rumor is that they keep you warm, but not sure I have any faith in them vs. a UQ.

I noticed the breathable weather shield for the Tropical is optional, what does this mean? Does it still come with the order?

Also, are both of these hammocks made from the same material?

It looks to me like the only difference is 2 pockets on the bottom.

Thanks.
    ClumseyBear w/the clark NA and me w/my clark tropical, hung them up in my back yard to compair them (and to just hang out). Things I noticed, my tropical seems a bit smaller/tighter than when I got in the NA. They're listed as the same size but they seemed to feel different. Don't know why??? The pockets on my tropical are spaced really far apart, The NA has them sort of in the middle. I've got the light colored tropical, material seemed to be different than the NA but could just be because of it being a different color??? My tropical's head end is covered/sewed with netting and ripstop. The ripstop can be rolled down to expose the netting making you much cooler in hot weather. Can't do that in the NA. And about the weather shield: you must order it as an option on the tropical if you want it. I have it and have used it when the temps dipped down at night. It will cost you more to add it to the tropical. But I highly recomend having it. I do use the pockets, put things like extra clothes or gear into them. I'm making uq's and have used them and still was able to use the pockets. Just can't put really wide items in the pockets. I've had the tropical in temps below freezing (may high 20's) and by using either an under quilt or an insulated pad (exped down 9) I slept very toasty. Actually was to warm, kept having to vent my over quilt and opened the weather shield a bit.
    Have fun making your choices!!! Hope this helps a bit w/the differences between the NA and tropical.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris.Biomed View Post
    As I've ordered the BB and as I'm a student who can't keep more than one hammock at a time I'm thinking about selling my NA together with the Monster Rope ties. I'm off next weekend to compare them both and then I can give you a definitive answer. Send me a pm if you're interested.

Edit:
    The NA has:
    -XL fly
    -Tree straps
    -Drip Rings
    -Monster Rope Ties
    If you decide to go with the BB, but really miss the weathershield on the Clark, I can make you a Topcover for your BB. Or you can make one yourself.

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Clark XL
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    If you decide to go with the BB, but really miss the weathershield on the Clark, I can make you a Topcover for your BB. Or you can make one yourself.
    Now that's super! I'll remember that when I'm trying the BB out next weekend. Thanks

How much would you charge?

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    And let me tell you you wont be sorry. I love mine and it works great.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Now that's super! I'll remember that when I'm trying the BB out next weekend. Thanks

How much would you charge?
    Pay the shipping. I don't do it and won't do it for the money, I do it for my own personal gratification and to help a fellow hanger out. It's also good kharma. A little trail magic, that someday will work it's way around.

Of course, you have to wait for my schedule - my time with my sewing machine has been sadly non-existent lately. But I have one half done, so it would only take an hour, tops. Just have to find the time to finish it. I will make some improvements on yours, as well. I have some ideas.......

Are you a UL hiker, or do the grams not matter to you?

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Clark XL
    Images
    Pay the shipping. I don't do it and won't do it for the money, I do it for my own personal gratification and to help a fellow hanger out. It's also good kharma. A little trail magic, that someday will work it's way around.
    You sir are a true gentleman!

Are you a UL hiker, or do the grams not matter to you?
    As long as it doesn't weigh more than the hammock it should be fine.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    As long as it doesn't weigh more than the hammock it should be fine.
    So I shouldn't make it out of lead?

I don't remember the exact weight of shug's or cavediver's, but it isn't much. 7 oz.? I was just thinking of playing around with the elastic sides, and making it shockcord instead. Slightly heavier, but only slightly. More adjustable, with a cordlock stopper tied into the cordlock ends. Clean it up a little. Makes the connection to the hammock simpler, as well - if I can make it work correctly. Maybe drop the ggr around the wing openings, and go straight velcro strips instead. That would drop a little weight.

Hard to think of sitting in my basement, sewing topcovers when the weather is so nice (compared to the dead of winter, anyway.) I need a rainy weekend, and I'll get it done.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast