Hammock
    DH NightHawk and Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    UGQ 20 UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie and Python
    I'm standing by and am ready to order one of these. I tell ya i just used mine regular one for the first time on a real rainy trip. I felt so bad for my son because my setup was super refined and his underquilt was get damp from the rain. I let him have mine now it's time for me to get a "NEW MULTICAM" one.

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    The only thing I am waiting for...confirmation that it is breathable enough. As soon as I have that...we will start selling them.
    Donna
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    Multicam Warbonnet RR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I am waiting for that as patiently as I can

Hammock
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Do any of you testers have anything to report. Duro is holding some Epsilon for me, and I need to let them know if I will be buying it. Mainly, I am waiting to see the breathability of the UQP. Thanks! Donna
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Can't get data? Send me one and it will test for four days 11th - 14th and go on display @ the April 2014 HF Hoosier Hang

In all seriousness, if not a full sock, then certainly an UQ protector will be my next gear purchase. Watching this thread.
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Donna here.

I just started a new thread with this information:

We will be adding this UQP to our website. I'm not sure when Tim will get the chance to put this fabric option on there. Until then, anyone interested may place an order by filling out the order form on our website. Check any of the colors for a breathable UQP and then write camo in the comments box. These will be available in both Gathered end style @ $65.00, and Bridge style @ $68.00. The Bridge style can be used on both gathered end and bridge hammocks. The weights...gathered end is 8.8 ounces, and the bridge is 9 ounces.

Here is a link to Duro's website with a fabric picture and specifics. http://multicamfabric.com/shop-fabrics/epsilon

Any questions, ask!
    Thanks!
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    My review of the new 2QZQ Camo Epsilon UQP. I want to apologize because I cannot post pics.
    Upon arrival, I immediately noticed the difference in the material, 40D vs 30D, so the new one is a bit heavier. The material has a silky feel to it and feels sturdier. I love the camo.
    I set up two 11’ DL 1.1 hammocks and put my 30D UQP on one and the 40D Epsilon UQP on the other one. (hammocks only, no UQ’s) The temperature was around 70* and a bit breezy. This was perfect for checking wind blockage. I laid in the hammock with the 30D UQP first and noticed a slight coolness on my back. I did not feel much wind coming thru the UQP. I then laid in the hammock with the Epsilon UQP and noticed that it seemed to block the wind better and I did feel the coolness on my back, but not as much. I then put my 20* UQ under the hammock and put the Epsilon UQP around it. That night the temp got down to almost 30* with a slight breeze. The Epsilon UQP blocked the breeze nicely and I slept well thru the night. I did not notice any condensation in the morning, but the weather was not the sort that would have created any condensation. I will keep an eye out for condensation, and post if I experience any.

I really like this new Epsilon Camo UQP and 2QZQ did an excellent job as always. I will continue to us my 30D UQP when backpacking since it is lighter, and as I get older I don’t want to carry any more weight than I have to. I think the Camo Epsilon UQP will get more use car camping, but it is light enough to backpack. I love the camo.

Thank you 2QZQ for letting me in on this trial run, and I think the Camo Epsilon material will be very popular.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    Multicam Warbonnet RR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Thanks for the write up Cali.

Order already placed!

Hammock
    Dutch Half Wit
    Tarp
    Squidbilly 1000
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    adj web, whoopies
    Images
    Here’s my review of the new 2QZQ Camo Epsilon UQP.

As this was my very first UQP, I did not have anything to compare this to – so here’s my initial reaction:

It was very well made and large enough to easily cover my WBBB end to end. The quality was perfect and I loved the pattern of the material. Although I set it up in the back yard to ensure it was adjusted correctly, I was finally able to test it “in the field” this past weekend.

I took it on a two night loop and used it both nights. It was used on my WBBB with a 20 degree UQ hung loosely. The first night the low was 41, a small amount of early morning drizzle, and light wind. The second night a low of 42, heavy rain and lots of wind (10 mph gust). Although I had my tarp set approx 4” off the ground, with the wind and rain, I had lots of splatter. I was VERY thankful for the UQP this night to keep my UQ dry.

When the wind would blow especially hard, I could feel the heat loss from the top quit, but nothing from the under quilt. I was warm and had a dry UQ without any condensation issues at all.

I really like this item and it will go on all trips with me where it could be beneficial. Yes, it weighs slightly over 8 oz, but it’s worth it to be warm and dry. A huge “Thank You” goes out to 2QZQ for allowing me to test this item. If you are undecided about this item – just buy it – you won’t regret it. I see this being a very popular item.
    "There's not much of a learning curve with a tent. Lay on the ground and suffer; repeat as often as necessary." - Silvrsurfr

http://jnunniv.wordpress.com

Hammock
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Donna here...A bump to those that expressed an interest, or might be interested...we now offer these for sale. See post #46 above. Thanks!

Also...a price adjustment...I was able to get the fabric at a better price than originally thought. I will pass the savings on to the customer.

New price is...$60.00 for the Gathered end, and $63.00 for the Bridge style. Those that have already ordered and paid will get a PayPal refund.
    Last edited by 2Questions; 03-28-2014 at 08:37.
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    2QZQ tree table!

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345