Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    I have always wanted one of these. Especially now I could camp with my 3, soon to be 4 year old and my son all in the same place. I could also put my wife son and daughter in this and set up my hammock next to it. I am not sure how keen my wife would be hammock camping if we were all separate but like this she would be good. I just couldn't pull the trigger on $500 or so at once. Maybe someday.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    I have always wanted one of these. Especially now I could camp with my 3, soon to be 4 year old and my son all in the same place. I could also put my wife son and daughter in this and set up my hammock next to it. I am not sure how keen my wife would be hammock camping if we were all separate but like this she would be good. I just couldn't pull the trigger on $500 or so at once. Maybe someday.
    I was skeptical myself, but after receiving it and spending some time with it I would recommend it to anyone. Especially someone in your position. Luckily i got mine at a great price.

Like many have said before, if you added up all the separate equipment, with all the options you get with the Vertex, i think you'd be quite a bit north of the price of this hammock. Figure 2 hammocks, 2 tarps, and 2 sets of socks (weather shields) and you've made a pretty serious investment. You get a pretty hefty piece of hardware for $450

Hammock
    wbbb xlc, rr, wwm
    Tarp
    HG cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    WL, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    It is pricey but if it will get the mrs in he woods with me then it's worth it. Hopefully she will migrate from the vertex to the pink blackbird that we got her though.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Cst View Post
    It is pricey but if it will get the mrs in he woods with me then it's worth it. Hopefully she will migrate from the vertex to the pink blackbird that we got her though.
    Exactly

As for packing, if going as a couple, and using the Vertex, then share the load between both packs. Creative packing could give both packers a realistic load.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    As for packing, if going as a couple, and using the Vertex, then share the load between both packs. Creative packing could give both packers a realistic load.
    Yes, but unfortunately the hammock itself takes up so much of the bulk of weight and size. The Vertex tarp is pretty comparable to most other silnylon tarps in size and weight.

The stuff sack that came with the hammock is huge when full

Hammock
    NX-150
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Z-liner/DIY baffle
    Suspension
    Whoopie All-In-One
    If I were to do it all over again, I would upgrade to the Vertex. As it is, I ended up buying an OES Deluxe to get better coverage. The Vertex is bigger than the Deluxe . . . . and the cost would have been significantly less.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Quote Originally Posted by StormKingHiker View Post
    If I were to do it all over again, I would upgrade to the Vertex. As it is, I ended up buying an OES Deluxe to get better coverage. The Vertex is bigger than the Deluxe . . . . and the cost would have been significantly less.
    The one thing I don't like about the vertex tarp is the fact that it has 3 tie out points down each side. 2 would be plenty and it ends up just being one thing to have to do every time.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    UQ- Winter Lynx FL
    Suspension
    Straps & Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by barchetta View Post
    I would say definitely yes. The instruction manual says that each bed is rated at 300 pounds and the center storage area is rated at 200.

One thing to mention is that it specifically states that it is unsafe and not intended for a human (center storage area).

My wife and i are going to start trying for children in the next few months and i already plan on using that part of this hammock for exactly that purpose. One nice thing about this hammock is that once he/she is old enough for their own place i'll probably move back to my single and mom and he/she can share the vertex

I wish I had gotten my sons into this a little earlier. The oldest is only 15, but shows little interest. My 12 yr old loves it, and I suspect my younger two will also. Great way to get away from the TV and get some quality family time. There's nothing like "hanging" out with family.
    StoryTellerTN

Life is always better when your "hanging" out with friends.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    I couldn't agree more. My parents weren't much for camping and I had to find that I loved it so much on my own. When my wife and I have a couple of kids, I'll take them as much as they want to go. It's a great way to bond with family

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast