Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    I will be using mine tomorrow fo the 1st time. I am taking a short pad for the foot area. I was tossed between the pad and my pack under my feet . I decided on the pad since everything else will be in the pack and it will be hanging from a tree by the hammock
    Hope it's not too hot! But, one advantage ( I assume) to the Yeti ( assuming it's pretty much like my CS WBUQ but lighter) is the ease of venting. Just reach out of the hammock and move it a few inches higher and a gap will develop. I have not really tried it in warm weather, but it seems like it would cool it down quite a bit. I guess it is time for me to remove some CS layers from my WBUQ. ( Mine doesn't have a cool name like Yeti! )

Hammock
    WBBB - dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    MCat D & SWT
    Insulation
    Yeti-3, CCF
    Suspension
    Straps 'n DClips
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ky chris View Post

It's really easy to attach. Just place the knotted end of the shockcord hooked onto the gathered end of the head of the hammock. Do the same at the other end. Make sure the footbox is under the shockcord on the footend. All this takes just a few seconds.

KY Chris
    Yeah.... I just don't follow the "make sure the footbox is under the shockcord" part. Can someone clarify? Maybe draw a picture with a crayon? I'm pretty pathetic...

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Insulation
    bat pad+DIY-PL UQ
    Suspension
    3mm Dyneema CR
    I think what is meant is simply, passing the suspension cord on the footbox side above the footbox so the footbox doesnt lay on the suspension.
    I assume if this is not done the feet will press down the lines and the UQ will not be held tightly against the hammock body ..

Maybe a way of venting it if done on purpose ..

I'm not sure thats right, that's how i understood it when i read it in another thread

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Clark XL
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRev View Post
    Yeah.... I just don't follow the "make sure the footbox is under the shockcord" part. Can someone clarify? Maybe draw a picture with a crayon? I'm pretty pathetic...
    When I read the instructions I hadn't got a clue at first, but once I hung the BB up everything made sense. Just hang it up and play with it and you'll get it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by utilisateur View Post
    I think what is meant is simply, passing the suspension cord on the footbox side above the footbox so the footbox doesnt lay on the suspension.
    I assume if this is not done the feet will press down the lines and the UQ will not be held tightly against the hammock body ..

Maybe a way of venting it if done on purpose ..

I'm not sure thats right, that's how i understood it when i read it in another thread
    Exactly. Just make sure your feet are below the right side UQ suspension cord, as you lay on the diagonal with head to left and feet to right. You should be able to eye ball this as you are laying in the hammock, looking toward your feet, and you can see the shock cord rising above your feet to where it connects on the hammock knot.

In fact, if you have any doubt that you are getting a good seal on the foot end- a likely scenario if you are not laying diagonal- just attach a piece of cord to the UQ suspension shock cord ( piece of cord tied to UQ suspension cord) on the left side foot end, a foot or two closer to the head end of the hammock than the hammock knots.

Then run it up and over the hammock ridge line and down to the UQ suspension on the other side and attache to that side also, and tighten up a bit
    until there is just an inch or three separating the UQ left foot side suspension and the right side. ( Did I make this confusing enough? )

This will pull the UQ up at a much sharper than usual angle, snugging it tight against your butt with a good seal, even if you are not in an optimum diagonal position. Plus, it will make it really obvious that your feet have to go under the UQ suspension cord.

Hammock
    WBBB - dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    MCat D & SWT
    Insulation
    Yeti-3, CCF
    Suspension
    Straps 'n DClips
    Images
    Thanks folks.
    That's starting to make sense.
    10-4 on just setting it up and messing with it.
    I'll be on the trail a week from today for a week! I'll have plenty of time to mess.

thanks again...

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Hope it's not too hot! But, one advantage ( I assume) to the Yeti ( assuming it's pretty much like my CS WBUQ but lighter) is the ease of venting. Just reach out of the hammock and move it a few inches higher and a gap will develop. I have not really tried it in warm weather, but it seems like it would cool it down quite a bit. I guess it is time for me to remove some CS layers from my WBUQ. ( Mine doesn't have a cool name like Yeti! )

didn't get to try it out this weekend. It has been storming off and on all day. Flash flood warnings were out for the area we were going so we decided to cancel the try. Next weekend is suppsoe to be really nice so we are planning a 2 night trip to Big South Fork
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly.
    Insulation
    Yeti / Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps and rings
    Images
    here is a pic of the yeti on my bb showing the cord over the foot box. *note* there is stuff in the box to hold it out like that so it is exaggerated.
    In my experience, I've never really had to think about the cord being over the foot box, it just kinda goes there on it's own and my legs can't get on top of it to knock it out of place.

I don't know if I can make this sound right without pics but allow me to try:
    when I hang the yeti, I make sure that the shock cord from my left shoulder goes over the top of the whipping, then hooks around and comes from sort of under the whipped bundle down to my right shoulder. I do the exact reverse for the foot end. The right leg shock cord goes over the bundle then hooks kind of around it and comes out from under it back to my right leg. In this pic you can kind of see how it comes back from under the bundle.
    I have not yet had an issue with getting a seal in any position I choose to lay, with the exception of completley opposite, "legs to the left" and even then it was not much of a problem. there are some good shots of the yeti in use on the BB in my albums if you want to check em out.
    I thought I was wrong once, turns out I was wrong about that.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fulminated View Post
    I don't think a winter hammock is really necessary. Shug has already had the BB down pretty low this past winter. I think it was -26*.
    Correction there ... I was in my DIY hammock and had my DIY full UQ on that trip. At the time I did not have my Winter Yeti. I got a "cosmetically damaged prototype" from Brandon and it is thick and warm in my back yard testing. Had it down pretty darn low ... sub 0º and was toasty.
    Me no snaps on mine but I did get a winter top quilt from Brandon (proto) and he uses snaps on that rather than velcro. It is warm and I will have to wait until late fall/winter to really put it through the snooze trials.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    ...winter top quilt from Brandon (proto)
    oh man, a winter TQ??!! better start saving pennies
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast