WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Buckle/Strap

Camper XL ridge pressure?

I bought a camper xl in the fs section of the forum. I'm enjoying it but getting a noticeable ridge ( calf pressure?) on the foot end of the hammock when i hang. I installed whoopies on it and left off the loop that was strung though the end per-video I watched. I am trying to hang the foot end a little higher and have the ridge line on the loose side of snug when I hang ( once I lay in Hammock ridge line is very tight. I've tried looser and tighter but still seem to get the center ridge in the foot/leg section. Any suggestions? Was thinking about reinstalling the continuous loops and hooking whoopies to those? I am liking the hammock and want to make it work.
    Thanks
    Ben

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Buckle/Strap
    I posted this awhile ago and didn't get any response. Still not sure whats going on with my hang. I'm setting up inside on a hammock stand I made and hope getting out between two trees may help.

Images
    Benton,
    Sorry, I did not see your thread before today. All I can tell you is that this is one of the most common complaints with this brand of hammocks and gathered end hammocks in general. There are a whole bunch of threads here re: painful calf pressure with WBBB hammocks. There are a bunch more for GE hammocks without reference to any brand. In these threads, there are many suggestions given for how to solve the problem, what works for some but often does not work for others.

It comes down to this: some people get it, some don't. Some of those who get it are able to solve it, some never can without going to a different hammock. A bridge hammock is the cure, but bridge hammocks have their own issues that some folks don't like.

Here are a few threads to get you started, good luck:
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...rchid=11160372

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...alf+ridge+WBBB
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 02-25-2014 at 21:52.

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    I've got the WWM and had the same problem at first. If you don't have the knotty mod you can try what worked for me. I switched ends, foot to head, and for some reason this worked for me. I also am using a longer ridgeline and that seemed to help also.
    Everyone ought to believe in something....I believe I'll go set up the hammock!

Hammock
    BIAS Camper DL
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I switched ends as well and it solved this problem for me.

Hammock
    ROAMING GNOME!!!
    Tarp
    Big Daddy/Toxaway
    Insulation
    WL TQ/Jarbidge UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch/webbing
    Images
    Just saw this as well.... I think on a gathered end this is almost impossible to get rid of, even with foot box or a knotty mod (in my experience)... With a normal gathered end hammock, I usually have the foot end about 12" to 18" higher than the head end, and I tend to lay on more of an extreme diagonal. I figured out which end worked better for my head than my foot and marked it with a small piece of tape. I don't know if you have channel suspension or whipped ends but sometimes switching from channel to whipped end works well for some... If all else fails, remove your ridgeline and play with hang angles... the ridgeline to me is kinda notorious for exacerbating calf pressure. good luck

• + New Posts